Most annoying comments people make about dieting

Options

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at one of my jobs who makes a comment EVERY time I put something in my mouth regardless of whether it's good or bad.

Usually it's "Wow I thought you were on a diet. What are you eating that for?"

Like dude stfu. I'm not anorexic. I still need to eat.

Also. "OMG you're so skinny. You don't need to lose anymore weight."

Ok
    1. no I'm not that skinny. really i'm not I promise.
    2. I'm just barely in the normal category as far as bmi goes
    3. My body fat % is well over average and i'd like it to be at least a little below.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    "All of that green stuff is going to kill you"
    Where can I beat my head against the wall?
  • scha4r
    scha4r Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When people know you are watching what you eat and seeing you eat something that is a little bad for you, "Uh oh, there go the calories."
    -Thanks I wasn't feeling guilty at all before...

When people see you have lost weight, "Wow, you look scrawny, put some pounds back on."
    -A "I've see you've lost weight" would be perfectly fine.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    People are always saying that I don't need to lose any weight. Uhmm, YES, I do. I know my current weight isn't healthy.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    the number one most annoying thing i hate is.........."omg how did you lose so much weight??"..........I feel like saying back to them just to see their reaction "cocaine, heroin a little bit of speed and a whole lot of sex with strangers!" hahaha!!! or "I climbed the magic beanstalk where a pixie gave me a magical diet pill to make me skinny overnight" lol

honestly some people just can't use their brains these days! lol!
    love it!
    LOL~
  • InStabilityKills
    Options
    coworker - "Why did you just take a picture of your drink?"
    me -"I am scanning the barcode because I track calories"
    Coworker - "oh well when I was trying to lose weight I would lift weights and it would melt off"
    S=-( <--me thinking of her hair on fire!
  • andreacord
    Options
    Mom : If you're losing weight slowly, you're not trying hard enough (Doctor told me it was my birth control, and also had a rough last five or so months of 2011 with a running injury, running shoe issues, family emergency and a car crash from which I sustained another injury)

My Grandma : Went from saying "Oh you're big boned like your Mother" to "Do you really need to lose any more weight?" (Wasn't halfway to my goal even at the time, still only halfway) and "I thought you were dieting, do you really need to eat that?"

Dad: "No wonder you stopped losing weight .. you're eating bread." (He was a strong believer in not eating grain based carbs before he had a heart attack .. because that was what worked for HIM so he thought it would work for me. Note, it didn't, I lost weight at the same rate and if I can't have at least a slice of bread or two or a serving of oatmeal I was and have enormous potential to be a cranky b*tch)

Old Friend : "You're only losing weight because you starve yourself." (Um no, I was eating a proper amount for weight loss, it just looks less to you because I don't pig out with you anymore.. says the girl who skips 2/3 meals a day and has gained weight, while I've been highly stressed for 6 months without exercise and *kitten* eating and have only gained 4 lbs and no inches..)

Younger Sister: "Don't worry, boys will like you one day when you're not the fat one of the family anymore." (Little sister say WHAT?!)

Friend: "Are you starving yourself?" (I ordered an individual sized thin crust, easy cheese veggie pizza at Boston Pizza and only ate half for portion control and took the rest home because I wanted to indulge somewhat and didn't want a salad.)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    "...My husband also annoys me whenever I eat something even the slightest bit unhealthy. I will budget it into my calories for the day, and lets say I am having a PIECE OF CHOCOLATE, he will make this "boop" noise, and use his arms to pump out to indicate "fat", because he thinks its funny...."

I cracked up at this, sorry! :laugh: Aw man, at least he cares, even if it's annoying. :flowerforyou:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I know we all have to put up with some annoying people while we are changing our lives. My co-workers are the worst with their comments. Not all, but some. So, I want to hear the most annoying comments you have received from friends, family, co-workers, anyone, when it comes to your new lifestyle... here are some of mine

Co-Worker:
    Oh, so is that piece of cake like your one bad thing for the day?

Mom:
    You know, for your height you should really be 120 lbs.
    (Even though I told her by the time I am done, I will not weigh 120lbs because of muscle, and I like having curves!)

Guy I am "Seeing": *
    *Talking about how someone we know used to be really overweight*
    "Oh yeah, she was probably about 250 lbs...that's huge, it's obese! (I was about 250 lbs at the time when he said that. All I could think was "uhhhh...really cuz you're seeing me and I'm 250lbs" I guess I didn't look like I was 250 lbs! lol)

In his defense, he's most likely not right. 250lbs on a womans frame is obese.
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    My mother-in-laws quote

"Dont get too small"!!!!!!!!

I'm 6'5 245 pounds. That's a shooting forward in basketball. How is that small?
  • thatkatt
    Options
    My sister (who has had an eating disorder) told me she was worried about me counting calories. She told me it was a "slippery slope."

Well, just because SHE has an eating disorder doesn't mean that anyone that watches what they eat has an eating disorder. What are people that actually need to lose weight supposed to do? This is working for me, and I'm sticking with it.
  • lacharp
    lacharp Posts: 66
    Options
    I get some comments from coworkers when they want to go out to grab lunch... a lot of "oh, you can indulge every now and then" things like that. Yeah, I can indulge every now and then.... unfortunately for me every now and then VERY quickly becomes every time and then I make no progress in losing weight.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My MIL I think is the worst.. Love her to death but OMG...

When I go over to her house it's always here
    "eat this", -"no thank you",
    "we have carne asada?", "I'm not hungry but thank you"
    "I made rice"-"really Maria I'm ok thanks"
    "We have lots of other stuff too,"-NO THANK YOU! then my boyfriend will pipe up "Mom, she said no".

Or on my daughter's 3rd birthday (her father and I had some problems and were living seperately for a few months) she was complaining how he was getting too thin.. she said it like a thousand times and acted like it was my fault because I wasn't at home to cook him food. PLEASE! and then last christmas she kept telling him that he was too fat and needed to diet like a thousand times and shouldn't eat this or that and it made it seem like it was my fault because I feed him..
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My MIL loves to tell me that I can run tomorrow, just eat today. Well, the crap you want me to eat will make me VERY sluggish on tomorrow's run. How about I'm doing this for my health, anything else is an added benefit.

Mine says: "Oh just live a little"

Hey lady - I'm trying to live a lot. Many more years without disease, thankyouverymuch.
  • geauxsaints1
    Options
    My favorite is "I just couldn't do what you do, I just don't have any self-control." I am just waiting for their health choices to catch up with them. Amazing how self-control suddenly appears when you are backed up against a wall and are forces to make changes!
  • kaylee2263
    Options
    When people see an old pic of me when I was slim and say geez what happened it's a good thing your on a diet, have you tried nutrisystem it worked for some celebrities. Oh after I had my 3rd child not long after I was eating lunch at work at I was on a diet he said how long have you been dieting you look like a beached whale you should call Jenny Craig. LOL, people can be obnoxious and rude but I'm not going to listen to their comments anymore, I'm just gonna stick to my plan and do this and not get discouraged :happy: I just joined Jan. 10th 2012 so I haven't lost any weight yet but I will!!!
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My favorites:
    I don't want to work out too much to lose my curves (eyeing my kinda box/uncurved figure)
    ... if i was fat like you i still would have proportionately small curves- it's genetic

girls shouldn't lift weights, they'll bulk up
    ...... i promise, most of us don't have the testosterone for that!

Are you anorexic?
    .... the most annoying. can't even express how much i hate this one
  • nancyinfernley
    Options
    "You're still a fatass. "

" you eat healthy stuff, why are you so HUGE????"

" no matter how much you diet you're still going to be ugly"

And the list goes on.

so sorry you had to deal with this. ppl can just be horrible. don't listen to them. your doing what you have to and you will do fine. hopefully you can dump ppl like that. relatives too. good luck and happy healthy lifestyle living!
  • tiggertoo57
    Options
    Told my mom over the phone that I was back to trying to lose weight. She responds "you are fine...you don't need to lose weight".

Family get together couple weeks later at her house. I walk in the door and she stops fast and gasps saying "You really have gotten fat haven't you?!"
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am 4lbs heavier than i was a few months ago my mom says Jezzz you're really packing it back on you looked so good during the summer (me i haven't gained THAT much) im still 10lbs lighter than you are mom that usually shuts her up.

people at school when i say oh i can't wait to go to the gym after class they give me funny look i say how much i've lost they say oh so you're done right? no.... i wanna lose another 20-30lbs. KATIE you look great the way you are.

Lmfao same body mom critcizes people say i should be done.

so they will all see when i get to goal and it will be perfect

I Just want them to keep thier comments to themselves til then lol