Hummus!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I had roasted red pepper hummus on a romaine lettuce leaf, with bacon, tomato and onion.......

YUMMO!!!
  • ElizaD
    ElizaD Posts: 27
    Options
    mmmm love it!! and its low fat too. I love it on toast :happy:

179295.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Dusty74
    Dusty74 Posts: 68
    Options
    We went grocery shopping at Wally*World today and seen hide nor hair of the elusive hummus. Where is it normally found in the store?
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    We went grocery shopping at Wally*World today and seen hide nor hair of the elusive hummus. Where is it normally found in the store?

typically it's found in the deli/produce section. It's so easy to make yourself though, and so mcuh cheaper than store bought.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I bought more roasted red pepper hummus today! :tongue:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I bought more roasted red pepper hummus today! :tongue:

I did too! or yesterday!

We went to sam's club and they had a big tub of it! 5 dollars!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    alert

Von's Grocery has athenos hummus on sale 2 for $4.00
    I bought 3 roasted pepper and 1 roasted garlic

the clerk is going to try it later today:laugh:
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Anyone in MI, OH, IN or KY....Meijer has Garden Fresh Hummus on sale this week as well, $1.99...
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    All this talk about hummus... I checked out the roasted red pepper hummus, smelled it and OMG.. it smelled YUMMY. I will pick some up next week for sure. My husband thought it smelled good too.
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    Does walmart or foodlion sell it? Sounds like something I need to try. :laugh:

How's the calories?
  • HilB
    HilB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at this stuff in the store yesterday...I almost bought some but I'm not a huge garlic fan and I was afraid of the other flavors, haha. Maybe i'll try to make my own
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I was just looking at this stuff in the store yesterday...I almost bought some but I'm not a huge garlic fan and I was afraid of the other flavors, haha. Maybe i'll try to make my own

dont be afraid...I got a small bite from some pepper hummus but no permanent scar...
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    First hummus I bought was cayenne and nothing has compared since and THEY DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE...why does this always happen to me? My perfume, my lipstick...now, my hummus...it's a conspiracy, I swear it is.

You could probably find a recipe for that and make it pretty easily. In fact, I'm going to look into that right now!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    my name is Luca
    I live on the second floor
    I love hummus
  • Booyah_Saki
    Options
    I LOVE baba ghanoush. I keep mine pretty simple:

1 eggplant ( cut length wise and roast for 30-40 minutes at 400 face down on lightly oiled pan)
    1/4 cup sesame tahini
    2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
    fresh lemon juice (to your taste)
    1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
    sea salt

Only thing I like more than hummus. I know you are "supposed" to refrigerate it. But it is sooo good warm on whole wheat pitas that are toasted.

I DIG the Trader Joes Garlic Hummus. Sooo good on pita chips...
    Is this all blended together? I've never heard of it, but sounds like it might be good (I like eggplant)
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I recently tried hummus. I like the garlic but my dh picked me up some red pepper hummus and OMG! I LOVE IT! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    I had to buy some after reading all the hype. I have to admit I was skeptical, I tasted a little when I brought it home on some Wheat Thins, I didn't fall madly in love, but thought it was good enough and I'd try it again. When I went back for more I found 2 of my kids got in it and nearly ate the whole container! They asked me when I was going to buy more of that 'bean dip stuff'. (Whatever they want to think....) I got to try a little more on some cucumbers and did think it was pretty good!