Hummus!

Options

Replies

• miasuperstar
    Options
    Boy who'd a known hummus could bring on 4 pages of replies- looks like Tam struck a chord here!
  • dzenhye
    dzenhye Posts: 11
    Options
    good morning...mmmmmm hummus! yum yum its a great way to snack, filling and tastes good!
    I will have try that baba ganoush..love eggplant too.
    have a great day!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I've never had Hummus dunno.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Boy who'd a known hummus could bring on 4 pages of replies- looks like Tam struck a chord here!
    It IS good!! LOL!

I wubs it!! :love:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    What????????????????????????:noway:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    i just saw a suggestion to put hummus into deviled eggs instead of using the egg yolks...now that sounds like a winner to me!!!!...love hummus!!!

I am SO going to try this!!!!!!!!!:love:
  • kellch
    Options

I will have to try it :smokin:

does it go well on rolls? :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    i just saw a suggestion to put hummus into deviled eggs instead of using the egg yolks...now that sounds like a winner to me!!!!...love hummus!!!

I've created a monster!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options

I think it can go well with almost anything!!! haha!
  • kellch
    Options

I think it can go well with almost anything!!! haha!

writing.gif
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

I've created a monster!!! :laugh: :laugh:

You sure have!!! I had some today on a multi-grain wrap with some turkey breast & lettuce!!:love::love: :love:
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Another good brand is Athenos Hummus - thought I had to like chick peas to like hummus so I never tried it. But I got some roasted garlic hummus this week to give it a shot......wow YUM - O, I have been missing out! :heart:
  • kattiek
    kattiek Posts: 83
    Options
    Loooooove hummus. It's a staple on my grocery list. Sabra or Athenos greek olive is my fav. I recently bought Cedar's garlic & chive. It's not bad and only 1.5 grams of fat for 2 tbsps which is a bit lower than most kinds.
  • incorporeally
    incorporeally Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Up until three weeks ago, I never really even knew about hummus. It was a sad life. My friend drug me to a turkish restaurant while we were traveling and now I can't get enough of it. I buy some everytime I make a Tesco run. I put it on everything that I can think of. It is even good in rice...I have yet to find something that I have tried that it did not taste wonderful. I am sooo addicted!:love:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I do a half a whole wheat pita, and stuff it with hummus, lettuce, red peppers, and cucumber - the EASIEST lunch ever! And if you have to pack it to go, leave the hummus on the side, and dip your sandwich into it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I do a half a whole wheat pita, and stuff it with hummus, lettuce, red peppers, and cucumber - the EASIEST lunch ever! And if you have to pack it to go, leave the hummus on the side, and dip your sandwich into it!
    :flowerforyou:
    Yummm!!

Hummus with a little tabbouleh on it, rolled in a tortilla or pita is good too!! :love:
  • hpettis
    hpettis Posts: 5
    Options
    I LOVE HUMMUS!! A lady i worked with made it every week, i've only eat'n it with crackers and baked chips, I would love to hear any ideas so i can eat it more!!!???:bigsmile: :devil:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love hummus! I'm having some today for my afternoon snack, carrots and roasted red pepper hummus. My favorite brand is Tribe, 2Tbsp 40 cals, 2.5g fat !
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What is Hummus and how is it made?
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What is Hummus and how is it made?

Hummus is dip made of pureed chickpeas, lemon, sesame tahini, oil, and spices with added flavors such as roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, scallion and dill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummus