Hummus!

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have never had it and for some reason, I am afraid to try it............

On one of the low carb websites I belong to, everyone eats it and uses fresh veggies such as cucumber slices, baby carrots, radishes, celery. pepper strips, etc................

Why am I so scared to try it? That goes in the same boat as egg plant.....
    I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of it plain. I mean, I can eat it, but I love hummus with spices or peppers or garlic in it.

Give it a try maybe! You might be surprised!

One thing I will say is the texture is a little odd at first. But work past that and you will be fine! It's kind of like a bean dip texture.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Went and picked some up last night. :laugh:

I :heart: it!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I LOVE baba ghanoush. I keep mine pretty simple:

1 eggplant ( cut length wise and roast for 30-40 minutes at 400 face down on lightly oiled pan)
    1/4 cup sesame tahini
    2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
    fresh lemon juice (to your taste)
    1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
    sea salt

Only thing I like more than hummus. I know you are "supposed" to refrigerate it. But it is sooo good warm on whole wheat pitas that are toasted.

thank you, thank you!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    we have a Sprouts also,.....nice round trip for me..TJ's then SProuts thenthen home and arranging the fridge which lasts about a minute and the stuff is everywhere in there....but the hummus tubs seem to find their way to the front everyday!

Holy cow, Sprouts & TJ?? :noway: Where in Shang-gra-la do you live??? :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    we have a Sprouts also,.....nice round trip for me..TJ's then SProuts thenthen home and arranging the fridge which lasts about a minute and the stuff is everywhere in there....but the hummus tubs seem to find their way to the front everyday!

Seriously!! I was about to complain about not having Sprouts....

But seeing that I am 5 minutes from a TJ, I knew there would be some that would git me!! :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

the only place to live...So CA....where the weather is actually too nice all the time...it gets boring with all this sun,,,,when am I supposed to read a book for cryin out loud!:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options

the only place to live...So CA....where the weather is actually too nice all the time...it gets boring with all this sun,,,,when am I supposed to read a book for cryin out loud!:bigsmile:
    I should have known!!:laugh:

Whenever we visit my father in law in Santa Barbara, I am always amazed at the number of great grocery stores!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Guess what I'm eating??:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options

When you're on the commode, silly rabbit! :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

sardines on whole wheat?
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

When you're on the commode, silly rabbit! :laugh:

good tip....ok, then....gonna start..:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options

sardines on whole wheat?
    Nope.

Guess again! :bigsmile:

:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

sardines on whole wheat?
    Nope.

yummy hummy!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options

sardines on whole wheat?
    Nope.

yummy hummy!!!

Uh huh!!:love:

Roasted Red Pepper on a Whole-Grain and flax tortilla. DELICIOUS!

The Trader Joe's tabbouleh is great too!!:tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    this was fun....I think I would rather talk about hummus and TJ's and Sprouts and reading rather than some of the "stuff"
    thank you
  • Shannon023
    Options
    this was fun....I think I would rather talk about hummus and TJ's and Sprouts and reading rather than some of the "stuff"
    thank you

Other "stuff"? Like what??? angel4.gif
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    thank you

man o man do I love hummus...LOL:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    thank you

man o man do I love hummus...LOL:bigsmile:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't worry! I won't :sad: if you say you don't like hummus!!

:indifferent:
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What is Hummus?:smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    What is Hummus?:smile:

heavenly stuff....garbanzo beans olive oil...finger dip, veggie dip...spread...healthy tasty stuff