Replies

• Lioness102
    Lioness102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @Nikki …what is shred diet?
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have been losing weight by myself and lost all motivation when a friend recommended I check this site out. I started out at 246 lb and am now down to 221lb. It's taken a little while to get this far but I have already lost 3 lb since joining on here a week ago! I am definitely still in the over 200 lb club though! Looking forward to getting to that 199 point. That's the 1st goal!! Good luck to you and I am sure you will be successful!! : )
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Im in here too - looking for more friends - I've been on every day since I started this (which is a week) - I've been working shift work for 11 years now and have gained 90 lbs.. and I was heavy to begin with.. looking to lose weight and i love this site. So many wonderful people on here to motivate and and assist. I'm looking to lose about 125 lbs to start - and go from there!
    please feel free to add me (anyone) we can do it together!
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started last month at 228...now I'm 222. Love MFP and all the support we get here. Feel free to friend me.:happy:
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started out at 305, 300 was pretty much my breaking point. Now I'm down to 283 as of today and I'm ready to get back on track! Looking around the message boards I noticed most members I came across are under 200. It might be just a coincidence but are there any girls like me out there?

Anyway, I've been home sick the past four days and just couldn't take it anymore. So I got up off my bum, put on sneakers, and jogged for the first time in my life. Soooo I lasted 5 whole minutes with much effort and walked another 15. It was just about agonizing but I did it!

I'm in school full time and i work on a brain injury unit at a hospital nearby. I have a gym membership to Planet Fitness and I'm going to start going 3-5 times a week like I did during the summer. I'm starting Weight Watchers either this week or next.

Anybody starting out on the same page? I could use a weight loss buddy :)

I started at 249.
    I am at 219.
    My goal weight is about 160.
  • jcmorrison25
    jcmorrison25 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Heys Girls,

I joined yesterdaty starting at 218 lbs ... i don't even know how I got from 175 - 180 lbs to this now .. honestly don't remember looking at the scales with those numbers of course i felt my clothes tightening and had to go up to the next size but when the next size started to get tight I knew I had to do something ...
    I gave up smoking 24th January 2011 (so nearly a year no smoking) :) yay me!! So this has had a impact on my weight gain.

So this year I really want to tackle my weight I want to feel comfortable with my skin and people around me

Any one can add me wether you relate or want to help motivate each other or if you just need someone to chat to ...

LJ

I'm desperate to quit smoking, and am scared to death that I'll turn to food! Any ideas to avoid that??
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My SW was 236lbs. My starting MFP weight was 206lbs. My current weight is 136lbs :) I have lost 70lbs in 13months. YOU can DO IT!
  • jcmorrison25
    jcmorrison25 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My SW was 236lbs. My starting MFP weight was 206lbs. My current weight is 136lbs :) I have lost 70lbs in 13months. YOU can DO IT!

Amazing!! Good for you!!!
  • kaithenderson07
    Options
    I was 185 when I got pregnant.I delivered at 245 and now I'm 204.this is the biggest I've ever been
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I am down to 179 but started out at 216.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

I'm desperate to quit smoking, and am scared to death that I'll turn to food! Any ideas to avoid that??

I quit last March. I did gain a little weight but it was more important to quit smoking. I quit cold turkey. I now have COPD from smoking for so many years. My advice is to keep your hands and mind busy. Do you like to do crafts? Chewing gum helps. Reading to take your mind off of the cravings. There is a forum in about.com for those quitting smoking. I felt it helpful to chat with those that were in the same boat as me.
  • sweetiecake
    sweetiecake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hello. i am over a "certain weight". :wink: a good exercise dvd is walk the pounds away by leslie sansone it really does work. hope to see you on the slim side. and kudos to you for taking charge in this battle. you will win
  • JulieJordanScott
    Options
    I am now using my four prepregnancy goals as mini-goals.

Right now I am six pounds from my prepregnancy weight with my son. I can't wait to be that weight and then keep going down down down. With my first daughter I was actually under 200!

I can't remember being so motivated about my fitness!
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I started 1 January 2012, weighrd in at 279lbs but have been 290lbs, have really found that this site is working for me!
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I started 1 January 2012, weighrd in at 279lbs but have been 290lbs, have really found that this site is working for me!
    Also meant to say feel free to add me!:)
  • MsBee813
    Options
    I weight 274 lbs and I have along journey ahead of me I wish to loose 100lbs and I need all the support tricks and methods that can help me!!!..

It's great to see other women who are in the same stages as me, gives me hope and I dont feel alone!!!

Pls feel free to add me!
  • msrugg88
    Options
    I weighed 262 when I first started posting on this site about 2 weeks ago. The last time I weighed in I was at 254. I too have a long journey to go. I want to lose around 95 lbs. My goal weight would be around 160, which is healthy for my height. I have a hard time getting motivated and staying that way. So I could definitely use all the support I can possible get. It is awesome to find other women that are in the same boat as me. Feel free to add me!
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm at 210 too. I want to get to 140-150 depending on how I feel about my body at that point. Please add me too!
  • BeeEllie
    Options
    Can't describe how happy I'll be to be able to state I'm 199 pounds :)
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and started at 267 and now 8 months later I am down to 208. Welcome :)