OT: Wedding Cake toppers opinions needed : )

Options

Replies

• age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    #3 gets my vote... Have fun planning try not to get to stressed...Congrats:drinker:
  • leafylee
    leafylee Posts: 56
    Options
    my picks are #1 and #5
  • stephaneyh
    Options
    :flowerforyou: #1 is the one...........but, I'd buy #7 just to have it because it is so beautiful. You could use it as an added touch next to your framed wedding pix in your home.

I was married the year Columbus discovered America, so, they didn't have anything as nice as these available.

Do you have pix of what your cake might look like, have you decided on the design yet, is it going to cost a fortune? Inquiring minds want to know!

My cake was only $80, but it was completely, totally and utterly the most delicious cake I have ever put in my mouth, for real. If I had been a guest I would have gone back for seconds!

I'm so excited for you. Life is so much better with someone to share it with........other than your mother.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I like the first one too. :smile: So get that one! :angry:

Whatever you say massa 00020149.gif

:laugh: :smooched:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If I still have my numbers straight #3....would enjoy it later as decorative, as someone said maybe next to a picture. Good luck choosing...and if we haven't already said it ...CONGRATS!!!!
  • kellch
    Options
    If I ever get married again (should things with my current DH end! LOL!)

I think I will elope to a beach somewhere and wear a sexy little, flowy, beachy dress and then CHILL!!!:laugh:

That's what he wanted to do but I want my wedding CrossedArms.gif

:laugh:

We'll be going to a beach next year for our delayed honeymoon. Just can't take one right away due to ummmm lack of funds :grumble: But that's ok, I get more vacation time next year so we can take a longer one :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    #1 gets my vote. It would look lovely with flowers scattered around it . Cindy

:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    #4 is the one I would pick, but since nobody else is picking it, I will vote for #3
  • swimfit
    swimfit Posts: 10
    Options
    I like number three
  • kellch
    Options
    I like #6.

writing.gif #6 1 vote...got it! thanks :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    calla lilies is my fav, second place=she's sitting he's taking her hand.

but calla lilies is the prettiest.

imho

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Any of the Circle of Love ones get my vote, they are my faves! We had a Circle of Love topper on our cake...

This one was ours, and then we had fondant draping down the sides of the cake, so it looked like the train of the dress went all the way down the cake...

IMG_1034.jpg

Of course, this one is also good... lol
    il_430xN.57878074.jpg
  • kellch
    Options
    #3 gets my vote... Have fun planning try not to get to stressed...Congrats:drinker:

• kellch
    Options
    my picks are #1 and #5

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I am not a big cake topper fan. I don't really like any in your list :ohwell: sorry, lol. I like flowers for a cake topper, or even better- if you can find something super original. I have heard of people using small meaningful toys- or even action figures. I think it has to really suit the couple to work. We're using flowers for ours.

Also keep in mind, if you are having a real cake, an edible one, those porcelain ones are often too heavy for it. If the cake is fake, just decorated then they'll work.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I personally like the very top 2...haha! :laugh: But I think those would be cute as a second "funny" cake or something silly...

As for the others, I like #3! :bigsmile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Any of the Circle of Love ones get my vote, they are my faves! We had a Circle of Love topper on our cake...

This one was ours, and then we had fondant draping down the sides of the cake, so it looked like the train of the dress went all the way down the cake...

IMG_1034.jpg

Of course, this one is also good... lol
    il_430xN.57878074.jpg

OMG I LOVE THAT SCARY ONE! :smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a sculpture you can have for eternity (or until you kill him with it!)

Mine is a cheepo and it is all messed up after 26 yrs.

So anyone of them is wonderful..
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I like the first one too. :smile: So get that one! :angry:

Whatever you say massa 00020149.gif

:laugh: :smooched:

You'll be such a great wife! :bigsmile:

{{runs...ducks....hides...}}
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    I am not a big cake topper fan. I don't really like any in your list :ohwell: sorry, lol. I like flowers for a cake topper, or even better- if you can find something super original. I have heard of people using small meaningful toys- or even action figures. I think it has to really suit the couple to work. We're using flowers for ours.

Also keep in mind, if you are having a real cake, an edible one, those porcelain ones are often too heavy for it. If the cake is fake, just decorated then they'll work.

i am with kerri, sorry :indifferent: i am not very traditional though, so if i get married, i would try to find something unique that is untraditional.

i have seen initials as cake toppers, i like those better. sorry im not much help :ohwell: but i still love the scary one! lol! :laugh: