OT: Wedding Cake toppers opinions needed : )

Options

Replies

• stephaneyh
    Options
    You mentioned initials...........you mean like on the cake itself? I've seen that done on the Food Network when they were showing master cake designers and it just took my breath away. Who would have thought of all of the things they can do, now, with wedding cakes?! Pls post the pix of your wedding, especially the cake since we're all getting involved in this. This is why House Hunters, and all those game shows are so big, we LOVE to give our opinions and 'help'!:laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    You mentioned initials...........you mean like on the cake itself? I've seen that done on the Food Network when they were showing master cake designers and it just took my breath away. Who would have thought of all of the things they can do, now, with wedding cakes?! Pls post the pix of your wedding, especially the cake since we're all getting involved in this. This is why House Hunters, and all those game shows are so big, we LOVE to give our opinions and 'help'!:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

I know I love them too! I get into those shows. I will definately post pics :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Actually, my daughter and son-in-law had the second pic on their wedding cake. :laugh: :laugh: He's a keeper by the way.

I mean the second pic of the bride dragging the groom. :laugh:
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    #1 and #3 the white/cream porcelain ones are my favorite. Very unique. Many Blessings to you! :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ok seriously, I vote for #3 but you choose the one you like the best. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    No need to apologize :flowerforyou: I respect your opinion. :drinker: I don't get offended easily :laugh: :wink: I've seen many ways to do it and there are a lot of beautiful ways to decorate cakes and weddings. Flowers are pretty too :flowerforyou: I've always had my little "vision" of my wedding and I like the toppers though. Thanks for the tip though I never thought of the whole weight on the cake thing :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :wink:

Just let your bakery know how much your cake topper is going to weigh. If necessary they will put a plastic disc on the top portion of the cake before icing it to support the weight of your topper. My daughter had a crystal heart for her cake topper and it weighed almost 2 pounds and that's what the bakery did and it didn't fall through.
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    I honestly love the first 2!!!!
    But If I have to pick the elegant ones, I'd go for #2 or #5!
    Good luck!

Did you see #6? I vote for that one.
    I'm with you on that Max.. very purty:flowerforyou:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    #1 or #3. :happy:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've gotta say #5!

tough choice! :wink:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I like #5...sitting in the heart and they are holding hands

Good luck, Kim
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I like 1 & 5 :flowerforyou:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    When is the big day kel? Mine is sept 19 2009 its crazy all the planning that takes place !
  • kellch
    Options
    Thanks all :flowerforyou: I'm keeping track its been very busy here at work since I got back from lunch though :grumble:

I'll let u know the votes when done. :flowerforyou:

and Max each person only gets 1 vote :angry:
  • kellch
    Options
    When is the big day kel? Mine is sept 19 2009 its crazy all the planning that takes place !

6/13/09 and yes crazy crazy :explode: :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I like # 3. Max what one do you like?
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    the 2nd one I think is classiest.

Congratulations!!!
    Half of my work at the hotel I work for is as a wedding consultant and just LOVE LOVE weddings!

:flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    That porcelain one that I posted that we had at our wedding was on top of our cake. When you go in for a consultation with your decorator, if you have it with you, take it. That way, they can see how big the base is, and how heavy and tall it is.

Our cake was also 3 tiers, and had no problem with the weight. We also had a fountain and flowers on the cake too...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember what ours looked like. :embarassed: :embarassed: