OT: Wedding Cake toppers opinions needed : )

Options

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: #1 is the one...........but, I'd buy #7 just to have it because it is so beautiful. You could use it as an added touch next to your framed wedding pix in your home.

I was married the year Columbus discovered America, so, they didn't have anything as nice as these available.

Do you have pix of what your cake might look like, have you decided on the design yet, is it going to cost a fortune? Inquiring minds want to know!

My cake was only $80, but it was completely, totally and utterly the most delicious cake I have ever put in my mouth, for real. If I had been a guest I would have gone back for seconds!

I'm so excited for you. Life is so much better with someone to share it with........other than your mother.

Ok got another for #1 and for #7 :flowerforyou:
    LOL@ the year Columbus discovered America :laugh:
    I have sent my mom pictures of the cakes I like not sure which it will be. It's gonna be around $300-400. We're getting 3 tiers and then we're gonna get sheet cakes of same flavors for the guests. Cheaper that way.

I can't wait. Stressful but exciting all at the same time :bigsmile:

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    If I still have my numbers straight #3....would enjoy it later as decorative, as someone said maybe next to a picture. Good luck choosing...and if we haven't already said it ...CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks Ezzie :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • kellch
    Options
    #4 is the one I would pick, but since nobody else is picking it, I will vote for #3

:laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    I like number three

Got it...thanks :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Any of the Circle of Love ones get my vote, they are my faves! We had a Circle of Love topper on our cake...

This one was ours, and then we had fondant draping down the sides of the cake, so it looked like the train of the dress went all the way down the cake...

IMG_1034.jpg

Of course, this one is also good... lol
    il_430xN.57878074.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

I'll go with the green ones thanks :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh:

BTW yours is very pretty also :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    I am not a big cake topper fan. I don't really like any in your list :ohwell: sorry, lol. I like flowers for a cake topper, or even better- if you can find something super original. I have heard of people using small meaningful toys- or even action figures. I think it has to really suit the couple to work. We're using flowers for ours.

Also keep in mind, if you are having a real cake, an edible one, those porcelain ones are often too heavy for it. If the cake is fake, just decorated then they'll work.

:laugh:

Ummmmmmm it's real. I'll have my mom ask if it can hold the figures :ohwell: :smokin: :laugh: I'm going to have some flowers around it. I've seen them that way too. Or flowers with the metal cake toppers with initials. I thought of those too. Thanks for the input :flowerforyou:

Congrats on your engagement and getting married too :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    I personally like the very top 2...haha! :laugh: But I think those would be cute as a second "funny" cake or something silly...

As for the others, I like #3! :bigsmile:

:laugh: I like them too but ummmmm not exactly the look I'm going for with the rest of the decor :laugh: :wink:

ok got #3. thanks :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Any of the Circle of Love ones get my vote, they are my faves! We had a Circle of Love topper on our cake...

This one was ours, and then we had fondant draping down the sides of the cake, so it looked like the train of the dress went all the way down the cake...

IMG_1034.jpg

Of course, this one is also good... lol
    il_430xN.57878074.jpg

OMG I LOVE THAT SCARY ONE! :smokin:

:laugh: :drinker:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I honestly love the first 2!!!!
    But If I have to pick the elegant ones, I'd go for #2 or #5!
    Good luck!
  • kellch
    Options
    I love the idea of a sculpture you can have for eternity (or until you kill him with it!)

Mine is a cheepo and it is all messed up after 26 yrs.

So anyone of them is wonderful..

:laugh: :wink: Yes I may want to look for the biggest strongest one so it can withhold the blows to his head :glasses: :embarassed: :laugh:

And congrats on 26 years :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    I like the first one too. :smile: So get that one! :angry:

Whatever you say massa 00020149.gif

:laugh: :smooched:

You'll be such a great wife! :bigsmile:

{{runs...ducks....hides...}}

:angry:

I'm only compliant with yewwwwwwwwww :smooched:

Because yewwwwwwww light up my liiiiifffffeeeeeeee smiley_ladysinger.gif
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    When my brother got married, they got married in Malibu at sunset. He was a surfer at the time. His wife is built like Barbie (:grumble: ) with auburn hair. The cake topper was a Malibu Barbie (with its hair colored auburn) and a Ken doll with a long dark wig and tatoos drawn all over it to look like my brother. It was hilarious!!! :laugh: The most original I've ever seen in real life.
  • kellch
    Options
    I am not a big cake topper fan. I don't really like any in your list :ohwell: sorry, lol. I like flowers for a cake topper, or even better- if you can find something super original. I have heard of people using small meaningful toys- or even action figures. I think it has to really suit the couple to work. We're using flowers for ours.

Also keep in mind, if you are having a real cake, an edible one, those porcelain ones are often too heavy for it. If the cake is fake, just decorated then they'll work.

i am with kerri, sorry :indifferent: i am not very traditional though, so if i get married, i would try to find something unique that is untraditional.

i have seen initials as cake toppers, i like those better. sorry im not much help :ohwell: but i still love the scary one! lol! :laugh:

:flowerforyou: it's ok thanks for the opinion though :flowerforyou:

the scary one is getting lots of votes already :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    I honestly love the first 2!!!!
    But If I have to pick the elegant ones, I'd go for #2 or #5!
    Good luck!

Got em...thank you :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    When my brother got married, they got married in Malibu at sunset. He was a surfer at the time. His wife is built like Barbie (:grumble: ) with auburn hair. The cake topper was a Malibu Barbie (with its hair colored auburn) and a Ken doll with a long dark wig and tatoos drawn all over it to look like my brother. It was hilarious!!! :laugh: The most original I've ever seen in real life.

:laugh: That's funny :laugh: Cute and original :laugh: :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    This is what I have at this point

#1....10
    #2.... 3
    #3.... 10
    #4.... 2
    #5.... 6
    #6.... 1
    #7.... 1
    #8.... 2

So #1 and #3 are at a tie for first and then #5 in at 2nd.(actually 3rd unless it gets a lot more votes)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I just reread my post and I think it came off *****y, lol. so sorry, I didn't mean it like that, It's just when I look at cake toppers I think of them for myself since my edding is coming up too, lol, so it's hard to be neutral about it :laugh: . I know lots of people like cake toppers, it's just my own personal preference. But yes, have your mom ask the baker what the maximum weight the cake will hold for a topper is. A lot of toppers that are porcelain are made more as keepsakes than actual toppers. Which sucks because the porcelain ones are usually way classier looking than the plastic ones :grumble:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I vote #2!! They are all pretty, Kellch!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    3 is my fav!
  • kellch
    Options
    I'm sorry, I just reread my post and I think it came off *****y, lol. so sorry, I didn't mean it like that, It's just when I look at cake toppers I think of them for myself since my edding is coming up too, lol, so it's hard to be neutral about it :laugh: . I know lots of people like cake toppers, it's just my own personal preference. But yes, have your mom ask the baker what the maximum weight the cake will hold for a topper is. A lot of toppers that are porcelain are made more as keepsakes than actual toppers. Which sucks because the porcelain ones are usually way classier looking than the plastic ones :grumble:

No need to apologize :flowerforyou: I respect your opinion. :drinker: I don't get offended easily :laugh: :wink: I've seen many ways to do it and there are a lot of beautiful ways to decorate cakes and weddings. Flowers are pretty too :flowerforyou: I've always had my little "vision" of my wedding and I like the toppers though. Thanks for the tip though I never thought of the whole weight on the cake thing :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :wink: