What is your tattoo, meaning and where is it?

Options

Replies

• ashreneeknutson
    Options
    I have a clover below my right hip - my birthday is on St Patrick's Day :smile:
    cross with a red rose in the center. The cross means something to me - my faith - which I chose in a bad spot bc it's tramp stamp location, haha.
    Can wait to lose the weight for more to come.
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    One...middle of my top back just below my shrit line.

Celestial Sun/Moon - it means balance. Balance of all sorts of things; good/bad, positive/negative, choices, dark/light, etc.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    planned tattoo:
    "driven to excellence" with possibly a rose
    it is my chapters (of my sorority) sub motto that has become a personal motto for me
    i want it on my left side facing my chest. planning on getting it when i reach my goal
  • Kara_B
    Kara_B Posts: 26
    Options
    I've got six:

1.) Left wrist - Japanese symbol for friendship, that one of my oldest/closest friends did
    2.) Right wrist - A sparrow with the word 'believe' under one of it's wings
    3.) Left ankle - five cherry blossoms on a vine, for myself and my family
    4.) Nape - wings
    5.) Right calf - lotus flower
    6.) Right calf - above lotus flower, quote "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow"
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    On my foot: Mentre respiro sperare which is Italian for While I breathe, I hope. Just got it on Jan 5th :)
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've got two:

My first is the Zia(on my foot), which is on the New Mexico state flag: It represents the four seasons, four times of day, four stages of life and the four directions. The circle in the middle means never ending brotherhood and love. I got it because I'm proud of where I'm from, where I am, and who I've become. :)

And my second is a quote from William Shakespeare's Hamlet; it says: "To thine own self be true". It's taken me a while to figure out that I need to put me first, and be true to who I am.
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE tattoos. I have quite a few. Here are two of my favorites. They are both Coast Guard related. I got the anchor because I sailed across the atlantic ocean. My back piece is also about sailing. I was a navigator which is why I have a nautical star, the swallows signify mileage at sea.

9c3fcb93.jpg
    5c9a729b.jpg
  • Noki1024
    Noki1024 Posts: 302
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos. My first one is a rose wirh a butterfly on my back just because I liked it. My second one - my sister and I got matching butterfly tattoos on our feet. My third is a swallow (bird of love) on my chest in memory of my daughter who passed away in 2002. My fourth is a chinese symbol for "family" on the back of my neck. My fifth is 3 butterflies and two lillies symbolizing nmy kids and myself and my husband....on my left calf. My sixth is 3 stars on my left wrist for my 3 babies and my final tattoo is also a matching tattoo with my mother and sister....we each got the petunia flower because my mother always called us her little petunias.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My right wrist says "SERENITY" and I have a flower on my right shoulder.
    I have about 5 more planned for my life :)
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    l_208aa3114213d3ca81f92b9e968fdf4f.jpg
    My toes look really dirty but its was JUST after I got them and was the ink he kept wipping off.
    got at 21, exact footprints of my daughter at birth <3

oldies058.jpg

I love this. I wanted to do something like this on my shoulder, but I'm afraid I'll look like one of those cars with the flip-flops on them because I already have another on the way and we're planning on having at least one more! haha but this is BEAUTIFUL!
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have a sun on my right hip....me and 2 of my friends have the same one....it represents the summer grew up in different ways
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Greek letter Omega against a starburst background on my left shoulder blade. Simply means the end.
  • coachTsb
    Options
    I have my four grandkids names oldest to youngest with a blue heart between each name around my wrist like a bracelet: Madi * Makenzie * Daniel * Chase * I love it!
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Phoenix on my lower back, right hand side (the squishy bit! I'd post a pick but it shows a bit too much buttock :tongue: ). I suffer (or have suffered) on and off with depression since my mid teens and it's just a reminder that no matter how bad it gets, I will *always* rise from the ashes :wink:

I've been planning a second one since my daughter was born 3 years ago but I've yet to hit on the right design (the first one took me 10years - if I'm going to have something etched on my body until the day I die then it's got to be right :happy: )
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Mine was evolved around this..

Revelation 20

The Thousand Years

1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

From this we developed a whole sleeve which in the end took around 100hours and close to $10,000 I would not change a single thing! People say gee thats expensive but it is a huge part of who I am.

Here are some pics :)

JLF_8772-Version2.jpg
    JLF_8770-Version2.jpg
    JLF_8773-Version2.jpg
    JLF_8769-Version21.jpg
    JLF_8766-Version2.jpg
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    I have 2. The first one I got when I was 19. It's a haida whale because my name is a haida word. The second one I got a couple of years ago. It's a moth on my thigh and it was kind of an "I'm moving on" thing. I got it shortly after me and my ex broke up. I want more. I don't really have good pics of either one.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have 2. The first is a heart outline (just black--Im not a fan of color tattoos) on my neck behind my ear and it means that I turned 18 and wanted a tattoo.

The second says "Make Believe" across my left wrist. I call it my marriage to acting. it reminds me every day what I want out of life and reminds me to have fun.
  • mizzgreeneyedladyy
    Options
    I have three.

My first is a cross with a rose, on my left calf. Respectfully gotten as a promise to Jesus Christ!
    http://oi41.tinypic.com/30hyp3d.jpg

My second, I got a butterfly with my birth stone color, and my favorite color, which is actually kind of hard to see, in between my shoulder blades. It's a very common tattoo, but I love it. Needs some touch ups though.
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/63vtpj.jpg
    (Sorry for the little blood.)

My third, I have a breast cancer awareness ribbon above my right inner ankle. Gotten for my grandmother side of the family.. my grandma, and a few of her sisters had survived breast cancer.
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2mzi1ww.jpg

I've got a few ideas for my next tattoos, but if I were to upload all those pictures it would take a little while.

If these pictures don't work, then I'm sorry.. haven't figured this out yet.
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love this topic :love:
    I have three ( dont know how to post pics ?/ first down the nape of my neck i have my three childrens chinese birth signs , then under neath that one i have a dragon that wings spread out across my shoulder blades ( this one i got when i first found out i had cervical cancer) it was in my mind to protect my children .his wings and head co-ordinate with the kids star sign colors

3rd one is on my lower back it is mine and the children astrolgical signs bound together by a vine each sign is cordinateded to its star sign color .

My meaning for all of Mine is Family it took me until i was 30 to get my first one and now i would love more
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have one on my left forearm. its a handprint. its called the "surviver's mark" (you can find it on facebook and myspace).
    I got it because i survived alot so far and im only 27. Ive been through rape, mental and physical abuse, a miscarrage, many heath prob, and now im going through a divorce. (most of that happend at age 19-20)

i dont know how to upload a pic here