Whats the Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Options

Replies

• EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Korn, Kid Rock, System of a Down, Powerman 5000 and Metallica at the Rockingham Dragstrip NC. I think was the summer of 99, maybe summer 2000. Metallica played for 4 hours. INSANE.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I went to the Royal Opera House in London to see my favorite soprano, Anna Netrebko, perform the title role in "Lucia di Lammermoor"... Needless to say, I was a puddle during her mad scene. OMG!!!!!!!!
  • roleypoleycoley
    roleypoleycoley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ozzfest 2008 Dallas
    In the pit, it was like a million degrees but worth every second, great bands all day and the old man put on a hell of a show. Metallica closed.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    every ICP show
    lollapalooza with korn, snoop, tool and some others-best day ever
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Ben Folds with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra....or Josh Groban. Because both are super weet.
  • deedunn79
    Options
    My Morning Jacket-7times
    Pearl Jam-2 times
    The Flaming Lips-2 times
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've seen Mindless Self Indulgence 4 times and I am going for my 5th this year! They put on an AMAZING show. Not because their music is good, their music is self admitted crap they're entertaining as all heck though :D

But coming in a close second is RUSKO and Franz Ferdinand both at the Electric Factory in Philly.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We saw Tenacious D! They weren't even listed on the roster when we bought the tickets.

It was Jimmy Eat Wold opening for Weezer, and a random Tenacious D appearance in the middle!

Weezer had crazy theatrics, and the whole vibe of the concert was perfect.

Very jealous!! Weezer is great this concert sounds so random and amazing :D
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga. People can say what they want but she puts on one hell of a show. I've never had so much fun. The people there are wild and she speaks throughout her show about loving yourself and it was just a spiritual experience. And because of a mishap with lines I ended up right next to the stage. It was INCREDIBLE.
  • VaiRhoads
    Options
    Steve Vai - House of Blues Hollywood... Around 2000-ish. It blew my mind how passionate, accurate and absolutely mind-blowing he is live. Plus, I was about 10 feet from him the entire night. Changed my life. :)
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Tiger Army
    Converge
    New Found Glory
    Alkaline Trio
    Brand New
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    30 Seconds to Mars Bluebird Theater Denver

I saw them down the street at the Ogden in '09. Great show!

i see there are some colorado girls here with me tonight. ogden, bluebird, redrocks, all great venues.

I used to live in Denver and saw Marilyn Manson and NIN at Ogden...I miss Denver!

wow - that's quite a show for the ogden!

Yea i almost lost my pants at the NIN show because of all the moshing! lol. They were definitely amazing though. I was shocked that they both played such a small place... the other times i've seen both were at amphitheaters of some sort.

I saw them before they became a huge band. It was one of those concerts that showcased newer bands and one of then was 30 Seconds to Mars. They sure did rock the Bluebird.

I am actually a transplanted Texas gal living FoCo. =^_^=

Whoo Hoo! I am in Fort Collins too!
  • woogagirl88
    Options
    It had to be the Pain In The Grass Concert i went to in 2010 so many bands so much music and a lot of fun
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've gotta add another show that I've seen twice: Blue Man Group: How to be a Rockstar. I LOVE THEM!!! That's seriously a fun, energetic show! My husband was really impressed watching them play "Baba O'Reilly" at the end of the show.

Plus.... not sure how many of you are from the ATL area and remember a band from the 90's called Still Rain. I was, of course, introduced to them years after they disbanded, and I still love their music. My friend found an OLD VHS of one of their concerts, where all of the guys played Native American drums to a traditional song, and had the other lights flashing hardcore. God, I was born in the wrong time period because I would have traveled all over to find that band!!! One of their songs still pumps me up for anything: "Shine in the Valley."
  • Alicia677
    Alicia677 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd- Division Bell at Rice Stadium 1994. It started raining halfway through and they kept on playing until the overhead canopies filled up with rain and came down. The laser lights reflecting off the rain made it truly amazing.
    Nine Inch Nails on Halloween, lots of crazy stuff going on at that show, and it was my first date with my husband. I remember the Jim Rose circus side show and thanks to this thread just realized that the opening act was Marilyn Manson, I'll have to ask my husband if he knew that.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    30 Seconds to Mars Bluebird Theater Denver

I saw them down the street at the Ogden in '09. Great show!

i see there are some colorado girls here with me tonight. ogden, bluebird, redrocks, all great venues.

I used to live in Denver and saw Marilyn Manson and NIN at Ogden...I miss Denver!

wow - that's quite a show for the ogden!

Yea i almost lost my pants at the NIN show because of all the moshing! lol. They were definitely amazing though. I was shocked that they both played such a small place... the other times i've seen both were at amphitheaters of some sort.

I saw them before they became a huge band. It was one of those concerts that showcased newer bands and one of then was 30 Seconds to Mars. They sure did rock the Bluebird.

I am actually a transplanted Texas gal living FoCo. =^_^=

Whoo Hoo! I am in Fort Collins too!

I'm from Texas too...I lived in Aurora when I was there for a year. I miss it, i'd love to move back!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Green day at wembley stadium in 2009. It's the first time I've been to a stadium, we were standing and squashed to death but I loved it :)
    Close 2nd is motley Crüe their shows are always crazy!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Poison, 1989ish. Front row, Bret Michaels gave me a rose.

Lucky you! I'd love to have seen poison but I was only 8 then :(
  • Alskreden
    Options
    P!nk, all 3 concerts have been awesome, but the best must have been the Funhouse tour.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Sigur Ros couple of years ago, just got to the gig as they started playing! Seen Elbow a couple of times, fantastic both occasions (at MEN and old Manchester Academy many moons ago)