Whats the Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Options

Replies

• Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    MUSE --- have seen them three times now twice at Wembley and once at the O2 London, the first time i bought tickets for my boyfriend for his birthday id never even heard a track off their album --- he played one for me just before the concert and my first thought was oh god how im i going to stand there and pretend to like it!! BUT they came on stage and i loved it!!!!
    I enjoyed some of the supporting acts too most notably
    The Streets
    and more recently
    Lily Allen (who was fantastic-- would go see her again)
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Concert. Have seen it four times and will go again... and again... and again. Going to see their Beethoven's Last Night concert in April!! YAY!
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    @ VaiRhoades: I saw Steve Vai at The Commodore in Vancouver BC in 2007. What a show!
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    MUSE --- have seen them three times now twice at Wembley and once at the O2 London, the first time i bought tickets for my boyfriend for his birthday id never even heard a track off their album --- he played one for me just before the concert and my first thought was oh god how im i going to stand there and pretend to like it!! BUT they came on stage and i loved it!!!!
    I enjoyed some of the supporting acts too most notably
    The Streets
    and more recently
    Lily Allen (who was fantastic-- would go see her again)

Im sorry to everyone but Muse is the best live band today. Period. Metallica, Us, Greenday, Radiohead, and some London College, I think Liverpool has studied Muse on how to be great live. They are so ahead of our time. Knight of Cydonia is so amazing live. Brillant band. Most here in the US dont know that because of their poppy singles and Twilight Soundtrack.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    A perfect circle played WITH nine inch nails, One of the best shows.
    Also Hole WITH Marilyn Manson. TOOL. Patti Smith.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    TOOL is the best live band of my generation... My opinion
    Im sorry to everyone but Muse is the best live band today. Period. Metallica, Us, Greenday, Radiohead, and some London College, I think Liverpool has studied Muse on how to be great live. They are so ahead of our time. Knight of Cydonia is so amazing live. Brillant band. Most here in the US dont know that because of their poppy singles and Twilight Soundtrack.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Charlie Daniles voluteer jam 1979??? It was when Lynsard Skynard came out and played Free Bird with just the hat of Ronnie VanZandt on the microphone. This was after the crash that had killed a number of the band LS. Thirteen hours of nothing but first run names and bands, It was great!!!!
  • wantmorepies
    Options
    Best gig was on holiday in LA, Prong, Sepultura and Pantera in July 1994.
    Sonisphere last year was good and Download the year before
    ...Linda xx
  • hartterjw
    Options
    toss up between seeing Petra twice, once at Red Rocks 1985, and again about 3 years later in Colo. Springs or going to the Guess Who sometime in the mid 90's with the original lead singer. They opened for Starship and completely blew them away, and that is saying alot, I am also a big Starship fan!
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Either Beyonce or Usher...can't really decide! LOL
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I have been to SOOOOO many. Here are a few of my favorites...

Elton John was my first - 1980 Aladdin Theater of Performing Arts, Las Vegas. I was 10 (thank you mom)
    Queensryche is my favorite - 1991 Thomas and Mack, Las Vegas (I have seen them twenty something times)

Other great shows that come to mind...
    ACDC Who - Made Who
    Def Lepard - Hysteria
    Exodus - 1987 Fenders Ballroom Long Beach
    Metallica - Summer Sh** Tour
    Blink182/GreenDay - 2002-ish. My daughters first concert... WAY fun
    Rob Zombie - 2002-ish, HOB Las Vegas
    Bon Jovi - 2011, St. Louis
    Motley Crüe - 1985 Las Vegas
    Nightwish - 2004 HOB Anaheim
    Dream Theater - 2003 San Diego
    Fates Warning - 2003 Denver (LOVE Ray Alder's voice)
    The Offspring - 2010 Verizon Ampitheater
    Saliva - 2010 The Pageant St. Louis

There are soooo many other great shows and I keep thinking of more... I have to stop.

I would LOVE to see the Eagles and Billy Joel. Unfotunately, every time they would come to Vegas, even the cheap seats were too pricey. During one of the Queensryche tours I paid $60 a seat in Vegas compared to $25 and $30 in other cities.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    U2 in 2001 and again in 2011
    Rolling Stones in 2005
    also saw U2 in 2001. saw coldplay a few years ago, that was good.
  • Reznor
    Reznor Posts: 3
    Options
    Pearl Jam Key arena Seattle 2001
    NIN, US Bank arena Cincinnati 2003
    TOOL, Convocation Center Cleveland 2002
    Black Crowes Pine Knob Clarkston 2000
    Pink Floyd Cleveland Stadium 1985
    Tesla Cleveland Colosium 1982
    Radiohead Blossom Cleveland 2001
  • Reznor
    Reznor Posts: 3
    Options
    I love me some Maynard!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Most people wouldn't think.. but they put on a great show. THE BLOCK

I also very much enjoyed Summer Sanitarium 2003! I <3 Metallica. & also Iron Maiden was good. & Stained.
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness... I've been to almost 500 concerts..Many of them were the same bands.

1)Family Force 5 --> They are so wacky and don't really have a genre.. They are different.
    2)Skillet --> Seen them about 11 times. Even though it's the same thing, they have a great show
    3)tobyMac --> For being about 47, he has moves! Back flips and what not.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    U2 - 1984 Honolulu
    Police - 1983 LA
    Bon Jovi - 1983Honolulu

ive been to others in the last 10 years, but they didnt have the stage performance as the above
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    1: The National

2: Interpol

3: Green Day
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I saw Muse at the Eden Project in Cornwall - I think there was about 5000 people, open air...drove 5 hours to get there, 5 hours back AND had to go to work at 9am the next day...was totally awesome!!
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    1. Tribute to George Straight in Vegas in 2009. Everyone in country music was there and sang. Jamie Foxx even sang and it was AMAZING!!!
    2. George Straight (sexiest "older" man alive!!!!)
    3. DIXIE CHICKS! I love em' I miss em' and it was AMAZING!