Whats the Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Options

Replies

• ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been to well over 500 concerts in my lifetime and a lot of great ones. However, none have ever reached the communal feeling of a Springsteen show. I felt this way the first time I saw him in 1981 and every time after through the last tour a few years ago. He has an album coming out in March and a tour to follow. If you've never seen him you still have a chance.
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The Who's 25th anniversary The Kids Are Alright reunion tour - 1989. I played Frisbee with Pete Townshend!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My Very first was the concert that they did for "A star is born" In Tempe AZ. Santana, Peter Frampton, Montrose, Kris Kerstoferson (of course!), Graham Central Station - All day long, cost $3.50 and we were in the movie! Pretty cool!
  • damccoll
    Options
    1. Metallica!!! Loudest show ever!
    2. Linkin Park
    3. Gordon Lightfoot
    4. Three Days Grace
    :smile:
  • katiedesormeau
    Options
    1. Jason Mraz
    2. Kid Rock
    3. Keith Urban
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    1 - Tom Petty with ZZTop
    2 - Bonnie Raitt with Bruce Hornsby
    3 - Jimmy Buffett like several times
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Seen Bon Jovi 3 times
    Seen Iron Maiden 3 times
    Seen 30 Seconds to Mars 3 times
    Seen Turin Brakes 3 times
    Took my daughter to see My Chemical Romance when she was 11, her first concert, she loved it.

Best one by far was Nickelback i really want to see them again
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Literally been to hundreds of concerts. Seen Steve Miller about half a dozen times. 3 Years ago I took my youngest daughter to see him. My oldest daughter met us there, along with my Nephew and his wife. It was pouring rain. In fact, we called my oldest daughter, cuz she was late, and told her to stop an get some industrial trash bags. She did.

We sat in the pouring rain with garbage bags for rain coats and it was still the best concert ever. Everyone said the same thing. Ages ranged from 15 to 55 and everyone was blown away.

Steve Miller was at his best that night.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band and The Avett Brothers... EVERYTIME! :)

YES! Another Avett fan!!!!! They put on the best live shows. Period. No contest.
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band and The Avett Brothers... EVERYTIME! :)

YES! Another Avett fan!!!!! They put on the best live shows. Period. No contest.

Love the Avett Brothers. Saw them a few years ago in Milwaukee. Great show!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok so I've seen Disturbed about 5 times I love the show they put on. Korn is always a great show to.
    But the best show I ever went to was Nov 2010 Roger Waters 25th anniversary of the Wall. It was Fricken amazing.:smokin:
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd in 1994. By far the absolute best concert I have EVER seen. Probably not near as spectacular as Floyd in the earlier days, but I'm not old enough to compare first hand. Regardless, I have seen many great acts over the last 20 years but none will ever compare to Gilmour's screaming guitar or the overall ambiance that is FLOYD!
  • AubreysMommy30
    Options
    Starship Trooper is one of my favorite Yes songs... I can't even imagine how awesome that would have been!!
  • AubreysMommy30
    Options
    Ooh, tough question. My top few, in no particular order:

Jimmy Buffet - Meriweather Post Pavilion - 1994ish
    Mary Chapin Carpenter - Chrysler Hall, Norfolk - 1995ish
    Lyle Lovett, Joe Ely, John Hiatt, Guy Clark (singer/songwriter tour) - Brady Theatre - 2006is
    Bonnie Raitt - Brady Theatre - 2006ish
    James Taylor - Brady Theatre - 2011 (went with my dad, who died exactly 4 months later)

I've been to so many, it really is hard to pick a favorite.

Bonnie Raitt would be an awesome show. She is so intense!
  • AubreysMommy30
    Options
    Pink Floyd. You can't beat them in concert...actually, you can't really beat Pink Floyd at much of anything, musically speaking.

Agreed.:drinker:
  • AubreysMommy30
    Options
    Page & Plant at the Civic Arena.

Oh how I miss the Civic Arena! Saw many great shows there!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Alterbridge, black bird tour, hammersmith aappollo London
    Bon jovi, seen them a couple of times
    Linkin park
    Nickleback
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    This year at a county fair I saw Collective Soul.. only about 250 people were there and it had an amazing laid back feel to it.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Ok so I've seen Disturbed about 5 times I love the show they put on. Korn is always a great show to.
    But the best show I ever went to was Nov 2010 Roger Waters 25th anniversary of the Wall. It was Fricken amazing.:smokin:

I saw Disturbed and Korn at Rock on the Range last year, and they were really good! I also really like APC, and Bullet for my Valentine. AX7 was disappointing, at best. Asking Alexandria (not a big fan anyway) sucked *kitten* even though they had Sebastian Bach with them.