Why are people so obsessed with subway!

Options

Replies

• BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    OK. Were are you from America? Obviously my way of talking has not translated well via a forum.
    Wow. Where in the English-speaking world is "At least you would be being honest with yourself if you ate McDonalds." not judgmental? :laugh: Someone from the UK, South Africa, Australia... help me out here.
    I knew that would get the incorrect interpretation. I was referring to my original post where you first took offence. My way of talking about the smell.
    Ah... Does "putrid" mean something else where you are from?

Imagine if I posted something along the lines of...

"Why are people obsessed with English food? Every time I go to London, and the putrid smell hits my nostrils, I gag. Why do you like English cuisine?"

Think that would go over very well with folks in England? By making it clear that I find it disgusting, and then asking why anyone would like it... I've set up the conditions for a ****storm.

I definitely wouldn't attack you for it. I would find it funny because what is English cuisine? Is it fish and chips? Sausages? Stew? Not sure. Is subway not in England? Is it purely for others? I really wouldn't give a *kitten*. You know why? Because I wouldn't take it personally. Its cool if the smell makes you gag. I would answer it as nice as possible because I am not particularly sensitive about these subjects or the way people discuss them.

OK and also you seriously need to just stop!! If you don't want other people opinions don't post a topic. I'm just saying this forum is to help people not bash them, not question their personal choices, but just to support them. Please remove this post or support us by keeping quiet for a moment and let us speak our opinions without judgement.
  • ve022
    ve022 Posts: 21
    Options
    Because subway is the ONLY food place withn an hour of me
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I eat subways like once a week. I eat either a wheat turkey sandwich with veggies. Or a roast beef sandwich with onions and lettuce and tomatoes. It's not terrible for you and it's tasty.
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    Where I work, our options are subway or burgerking, oh and they just started having a food truck across the street. I at subway almost everyday for a week. Never want to eat there again, but then I get the same 2 sammiches from there everytime, veggie with mustard, or veggie with avacado. So I got sick of it. I used to love their bread, now it's hard (I like soft, fresh bread). But It's not a bad option given the choices that I have, and that's where I would go if I forgot my lunch or someone stole it out the fridge.

I prefer Quiznos to subway, and sammiches at home to anywhere else, I make the bomb *kitten* sammiches, with fresh avacado, not that crap out of the bag. mmmmmm.... sammiches...... to bad my dinner is already planned, but I know what we're having for lunches this weekend!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I love Subway, fills me up and is low on calories. I usually get a 6" assorted on whole wheat w/ lettuce, tomato, pickles, cuccumbers, black olives, light mayo, and sub sauce.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    It's just meat-flavored bread. Where's the beef?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    $5 dollllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fooooooooooooootloooooooong :drinker:
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food. Just can't justify eating it anymore and it makes me feel really sick. :/

Me too with the exception of an egg sandwich at Starbucks I generally don't eat fast food. I may go to mcdonalds with hubby and have nothing at all.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Subway is fast food?

I don't really see how anyone could make their own sandwich signficantly less "fast food"-ish than Subway
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Now, I know where I am going for lunch tomorrow,,, help me find $5 plus tax.
  • iamnotashley
    iamnotashley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Subway is fast food? I don't really see how anyone could make their own sandwich signficantly less "fast food"-ish than Subway
    So by your logic a turkey sandwich w/ veggies is the same as a triple stuft 7 layer burrito from Taco Bell? okay...
    This^^^

In terms of "fast food" that is healthy and what is not, a low-fat sandwich from Subway seems much better than anything at McDonalds for most. As long as these people are within their caloric, sodium etc. range it shouldn't be a problem. Boo hoo, people like a specific food and you don't, doesn't mean we have to have an 11 page discussion about it, lol. Everyone likes different things!
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Subway is amazing!!! The only days I don't go over on sodium are days I eat at Subway. I don't get a drink from there, just one of the fresh fit subs and it's sooo delicious! Plus, pretty much everything I put on there has little or no calories: spinach, lettuce, mushrooms, olives, and pickles!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    People here like to assign some label on all fast foods. I guess it makes it a much more convenient way to criticize than to actually examine a menu.

McDonalds is the epitome of fast food. But their salads are pretty decent.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I like subway. It tastes 10x better than a sandwich I'd make myself. What I get is less than 400 calories and it's also not all veggies- actual filling stuff. I don't get why everyone is so freaked out about the sodium. Fit it into your day like anything else...sodium is no big deal at all to me. I like getting subway for dinner when I don't feel like cooking but still want something healthy. It's also really cheap- especially if I can the 5 dollar footlong and eat the other half the next day.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I used to eat subway all the time.. at least a few times a week. Sometimes I'd get a footlong at lunch and have half at lunch and save other half for dinner or a before workout meal. I mean.. they push the damn thing on The Biggest Loser (which I'm a total fan of) ALL THE TIME. So you believe them, right? It must be good for you.. they feed them to the contestants!!!

Then I started using this site and tracking my sodium.. OMG.. I haven't been back since. I make my own sandwhich. And by the way.. what is in that mystery meat thing they call grilled chicken? Anyone else wonder?
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    People here like to assign some label on all fast foods. I guess it makes it a much more convenient way to criticize than to actually examine a menu.

McDonalds is the epitome of fast food. But their salads are pretty decent.

Oh i've read all the menus, I just choose not to eat processed stuff like that. The cold cuts are loaded with salt and nitrates. If it fits in your plan and you're ok with it, go for it, just not for me. I used to eat it though when I was in college and working 3 jobs and had no time. Now I'm home more and can cook meals whenever I want.
  • GlimmerKing
    Options
    What's Subway?
  • vajrasattva
    vajrasattva Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Really it depends on what you get, and why you're going to begin with. I go when I'm on the run and I don't have time to prepare something myself. And I get the Veggie on wheat flatbread, load it with veggies, a little honey mustard and good to go. It's really not that bad. Of course you could MAKE it bad - white bread, pile on the cheese, meatball melt or something similar, top it off with mayo. But it's all in your choices.
  • wcox
    wcox Posts: 5
    Options
    I love Subway! I get a veggie sandwich and load it with fresh vegetables of my choice. It is definitely a healthier choice as far as "fast food". You make it what you want.
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    Subway is two minutes away from me. The subs are yummy. I can look at their nutrition online and build a sub to easily see how many calories are in the sub I want to get before I go. It is an easy way to eat veggies and actually like them.