Why are people so obsessed with subway!

Options

Replies

• AnthonyScalco
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,
  • jsnearly
    Options
    It is convenient if you don't have time to cook. It doesn't taste that great though and the meat quality is usually crap compared to other deli's. I never get the cheese because you can't even really taste it and it just adds calories.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    At least it's not McDonalds...

At least you would be being honest with yourself if you ate McDonalds. It is what it is. But subway pretends not to be what it is.

Wow there's some great logic right there... :huh:

No need to be sarcastic... It is my opinion. I don't eat either because it upsets my stomach. which says to me it is full of crap! Taa daaa... wow theres some great logic.
  • hailzp
    Options
    At least it's not McDonalds...

At least you would be being honest with yourself if you ate McDonalds. It is what it is. But subway pretends not to be what it is.

Wow there's some great logic right there... :huh:

No need to be sarcastic... It is my opinion. I don't eat either because it upsets my stomach. which says to me it is full of crap! Taa daaa... wow there's some great logic.
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,

Fairly new to MFP and using a message board in general...what does this mean? I've seen it a few times now...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Because for very little money they move you around, what is usually a large metropolitan area and then they stop so that you can get off and go do stuff. Anyway, they go underground, too, which is cool to come people. In some city's they go overhead.

My kids have a couple of books about transportation, I highly recommend Things that Go.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I dont get it either. Id rather just go home and make a sandwich than eat one of their preservative laden ones. Not to mention I could buy a weeks worth or sandwich stuff for the price of one. *shrug*
  • hailzp
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,

How come? Sorry I am pretty new to forums etc. But by troll you mean what? I am genuinely interested. Not trying to start something here. :/
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Subway. Its so tasty. Not sure what it is.

Foot long BMT on Cheese bread - just over 1000 calories...... no wonder I have a weight problem! lol

This USED TO BE my favourite :(
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    But subway pretends not to be what it is.
    How so? Do they hide secret ingredients in the food?
  • hailzp
    Options
    Because for very little money they move you around, what is usually a large metropolitan area and then they stop so that you can get off and go do stuff. Anyway, they go underground, too, which is cool to come people. In some city's they go overhead.

My kids have a couple of books about transportation, I highly recommend Things that Go.

:laugh: They still smell though. :tongue:
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I do not like subway! I can't stand the smell it makes me want to throw up! :sick:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Now I want a subway sandwich. Loaded with cucumber, pickles, jalapenos, lettuce and olives. I don't even care what meat ends up on there. Or if.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I like sammiches, including Subway's. Had a 6" tuna today.

Heh. Tuna.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I never liked subway and when it sounded good I would eat it and then be very disappointed, I hated it! Quizno's is and will always be better!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Why do you like subway? Is it just because it is convenient?
    What?
    Subway is great. I love their footlongs for $5 - fabulous!

Let's not suddenly become food Nazi's given the fact that none of us are here because we detest good tasting food.
    If you don't like Subway, don't go - MORE FOR ME!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Because a footlong ham sandwich is about 550 calories with the cheese. That's pretty good for a fast food joint.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

Trying to make others feel bad about their food choices? Justifying yours?
    Thanks for sharing. :frown:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I love the smell of subway, and their subs taste good! that's why I like them.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jimmy John's over Subway...any day of the week. I will get Subway if it's the only option in that category, based on where I currently am and what time it is.