Why are people so obsessed with subway!

Options

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    But subway pretends not to be what it is.
    How so? Do they hide secret ingredients in the food?

Not particularly secret. My logic is that they market it has healthy etc yet it is loaded with preservatives. Not everyone is able to make good chooses and if they buy a subway with whatever they want on it they could be under the impression that they are eating well. May I highlight SOME people.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,

How come? Sorry I am pretty new to forums etc. But by troll you mean what? I am genuinely interested. Not trying to start something here. :/

I think this is a very legitimate question and not trolling It's true, subway bread/meats are filled full of chemicals, sodium and calories just like many other fast food places. It may be a somewhat better option when it comes to vegetable choices or salads but it is still the same concept of crap you can put into your body. I would rather have quiznos personally and only because it tastes awesome. I'm not fooling myself either that it isn't fast food. I know it is! :)
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I like sammiches, including Subway's. Had a 6" tuna today.

Heh. Tuna.

Psst, they hide mercury in the tuna.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    honestly, i love the smell of subway! but i rarely eat there because they're known as "healthy fast food" but the sodium is out of this world (and not in a good way)
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    it's good and it's on the healthier side for a low calorie meal that is quick and easy and cheap. But it is fullllll of sodium
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm down with subway...a 6 inch sweet onion on honey oat...no cheese no mayo...mmmmmmmm
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Most of the meat is processed. If I eat anything its the tuna.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I eat there mostly out of a lack of another option--if there isn't another sandwich place around. There are relatively few vegetarian options for fast food. On road trips, it's often the best thing you're going to get. I order a veggie sandwich with avocado (if they have it) and no cheese. It's not particularly unhealthy, but it's not particularly appetizing either.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah really, why not just make your own sandwich?
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Why do you like subway? Is it just because it is convenient?

Trying to make others feel bad about their food choices? Justifying yours?
    Thanks for sharing. :frown:

You are joking right? Why are you so uptight? This is not a loaded question, I do not judge. It is an actual question because I am interested. I don't need to justify anything to anyone love. Obviously you are a bit sensitive.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Not particularly secret. My logic is that they market it has healthy etc yet it is loaded with preservatives. Not everyone is able to make good chooses and if they buy a subway with whatever they want on it they could be under the impression that they are eating well. May I highlight SOME people.
    Like any other fast food joint, it boils down to individual knowledge, wisdom and choice. Subway makes perfectly fine food.
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    It is connivence that is marketed as healthy therefore people will eat it. But in reality more people get a footlong and chips which add up to a big mac. So in reality is it that great for you? Probably not. But I guess its easier to get them to make it for you then you to bring your own sandwich. If you can stick to the 6 inch and forgo the chips then it is an OK meal depending on the sub you get.
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Like any other fast food joint, it boils down to individual knowledge, wisdom and choice. Subway makes perfectly fine food.

^
  • Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    Like any fast food out there you have to eat the healthier choices...I don't like thick bread from any restaurant..It's like chewing a wad of dough with your food...who ever invented sandwich thins whole wheat bread is my pal for life!!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    "Hate on, hate on, hate on, haters....." :laugh: (It's a song)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Personally I can no longer eat there. Nothing they have is Gluten Free. I always get sick if I eat their food even if I have them change their gloves and use paper. That said, my favorite is Jimmy John's. They are very accommodating and change gloves and use paper for me. I've never gotten sick from their unwiches.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Subway actually has some healthy options. I love it because I can go healthy if I forget my lunch for work (it happens more than you know when leaving for work at 5am).

Just because some of the sandwiches are full of things that may not be the best, doesn't mean it doesn't have good options. A salad with a yogurt and granola on the side. Whats so bad about that? Plus if you go flat bread and avoid high fat meats and sauces, it is WAY better than fast food. Of course if you throw in sauces and stuff it isn't much better.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jimmy John's over Subway...any day of the week. I will get Subway if it's the only option in that category, based on where I currently am and what time it is.

Yes! Jimmy John's is way yummier. Local sandwich shops are usually better too. You know, ones with large tat'strami sandwiches. :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i love sandwiches so that is why i love it!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Trying to make others feel bad about their food choices? Justifying yours?
    Thanks for sharing. :frown:
    You are joking right? Why are you so uptight? This is not a loaded question, I do not judge. It is an actual question because I am interested. I don't need to justify anything to anyone love. Obviously you are a bit sensitive.
    Oh, okay. I'll answer your questions then...
    It's tasty, and I can fit it into my nutritional goals. The convenience is also dandy.

Anything else? Were you expecting folks to tell you that they know it's terrible, but they buy it anyway? :huh: