Seniors Golden Sneakers Club week of 3/9 -3/16

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    You seniors have had a busy weekend. :) It is a beautiful day here, with lots of sunshine and going to reach a temp of near 70. :bigsmile:

Saturday my 14 year old granddaughter spent the night and my older son and his girl came over for Wii Game night. It was so much fun, especially Raging Rabbids! :laugh: Sunday went shopping for my granddaughter who is making her Confirmation next Saturday, she needed a couple of accessories for her outfit. :smile: Sunday afternoon we went to my step sons for corned beef and cabbage (it was delicious). It was a great weekend spent with family and loved ones.

BGramma, I can't tell you how sorry I am about your loss. :brokenheart:
    Everyone is so focused and doing so great, the pounds seems to be moving for everyone, except me.:cry: Not really though, I go up and down and won't record until it stays the same for about two or three days. I feel good and that is the most important thing.

Have a great day and will talk to you later. :flowerforyou:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Good morning......It is a beautiful spring day here in Central California...should be in the 70's.:flowerforyou:

I need to go shopping....after checking my closet I have nothing green to wear tomorrow when I go to my lung doctor....I have green things...but nothing fits....That is a good thing....

So I think I will just go to K-Mart and see if they have a cheap green and white top....or green and any color top.....

Thank you for keeping me and my family in your thoughts yesterday...:heart:

Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your week....:flowerforyou:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Marie - your tuna salad sounds really good! I'm going to try it! I love putting fruit in salads for a little sweet. Raisens work well too.

Sandy - when you don't have that much to lose it always seems to go slower. Hang in there - it'll happen!

BG - hope you find something great, small and green!

elli
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning to all of you:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :heart: Elli, Thanks for the rundown on who's in all your pictures. Your family looks super. So does your house. Where are you living while th work is being done? How much longer will it be before you can move in? Thanks for the idea of getting clothes at the thrift shop. We have three good thrift shops here and I haven't been in them in over a year.

:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: Biggramma---I hope you find something green. I have one green shirt that I wore to my line dance classes last week when we danced Irish dances but now the shirt is in the wash so I'll have to either do laundry or go shopping.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: :heart: Marie
    Thanks for the information about your tuna salad. Now I have some good ideas about what to do. My husband doesn't like tuna so I fix it for myself when he's having an Isagenix shake or meeting a friend for lunch.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :heart: Sandy, It will be a long time before I'll be losing the last few pounds but everything I've read says that the pounds come off faster right at first when you've got a lot to lose and then slows down as you reach your goal. Keep up the good work. I'm cheering you on as you approach the finish line.

Going out to lunch yesterday was a huge success. I ordered a stir fry vegetable dish with tofu and rice. and ate only half the rice. I couldn't find an exact match in the MFP food database but I found something close. Then just to be sure, I had a 240 calorie Isagenix shake for dinner and did 20 extra minutes on the stationary bike.

Today is my husband's "cleanse day" so he doesn't eat meals at all. My meals today:

Breakfast: oatmeal, applesauce, banana
    Lunch: salmon burger, salad (spinach, tomato, yellow pepper, spray dressing, peas and onions
    dinner: sweet potato, tomato, hard boiled egg
    8:30 PM snack Kashi go lean crunch with soy milk

Once again I'll try to drink more water:bigsmile: :drinker:

Have a great day:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • elli
    Options
    hi Barbie - you did GREAT going out to eat! I notice in your meals you don't mention any red meat. Are you a non meat eater? I've been for almost 36 years.
    Thank you for the comments on my pics - my boys and their girls are pretty much my everything. I live on about 4 acres of what was originally a working farm. So on my property is my house, and the "hired hand" house. So right now i'm living in the hired hand house. I feel SO lucky and blessed to have it! Cause my house is SUCH a mess! I have a blog on it if anyone wants to see....
    I'm a big kashi go lean crunch person too! Only now i've switched from soy milk to almond milk - the soy milk kind of made me bloated:sick:
    It sounds like you're doing so great! keep it up! elli
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Now I have some questions

Barbie----What is a lsagenix shake?

Elli---How do I get to your blog?

My husband just heard from his doctor and his test came back from the prostate he had last week and everything is fine. He does want him to come back in 6 months fo see how he is doing. I am so relieved.

Calie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    Well I did not go shopping....I looked again deeper in the closet and found a couple of options....One is a Teal colored sweater with a big collar on it...it was a Christmas gift several years ago..Still has the tags on it.....It is bulky so I could get away with it...however it may be close to 80 tomorrow......

The other thing I found is a light weight long sleeve blouse that I have only worn once...it can be worn outside of my pants...I never tuck anything in...it is a pale olive green....and I have some bracelets that have that color along with other greens...so I think I will wear that....I like covering up my arms anyway...they are very scrawny and have scars from the dog and cat on them....

My car has AC...so I will not be hot...

I decided that just because I wanted a kelly green top...I did not NEED a kelly green top.

Now days...I really weight my options before I buy.....IF I DO NOT NEED IT...I DO NOT BUY IT...WANTING IT IS NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE...

I had gained a few pounds over the past couple of weeks...well those pounds are now gone...in fact I have lost 3 pounds this week...my ticker does not show that...since it starts at 142...and last Monday I weighed 143.8 and this morning I weighed 140.2...So I am happy.....:happy:

Hope your Monday went well....:flowerforyou:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you've had a great Monday. Tomorrow is St. Patricks day, isn't it.. I can't keep up. I usually realize too late that it is and I don't have on anything green!!
    Bigramma, thank you for telling us about your grandson. I think it is wonderful that you remember him on his Birthday and not the day of the accident. Well.. that was dumb.. I know you remember him all the time, I mean in a memorial type of way. You are absolutely right about need vs greed.. I do that too, find myself picking up items I want, then walking slowly thru the store, and eventually returning more than I buy. I did very well at The Pottery Barn yesterday. Got what I went for, and resisted all but a $5.00 black tote bag that I really like and I'm pleased I got it.
    Jim is in his element and he hardly stays still anymore. He finished the floor yesterday, now he is making a new cabinet for the guest bathroom we are creating. For the most part, if it involves wood, he is ready to work. I can come up with ideas forever!!
    Jim's dad is about the same, he sleeps a lot and watches a little television. He eats adequately for an invalid, but not much more than the minimum. We are returning to work tomorrow. We cannot stay home any longer, especially when we know that Papa could get worse and need us with him. So, we feel we should work while we can.
    I am trying to get back on track for eating as well. I didn't even weigh myself today..:tongue:
    this morning was kashi and multi grain cheerios with skim milk. Lunch was about 1/4 lb of polish sausage steamed and once slice of light wheat bread. two oatmeal raisin cookies.
    We had chicken enchiladas for dinner the other night, and the leftover chicken baked in salsa was the base for our chicken and rice soup tonight. Brown rice, my favorite, corn, okra tomatoes green pepper, celery and onion. I had a small piece of cornbread. Vanilla yogurt and coffee.
    I got a carton of sf butter pecan ice cream and I haven't opened it yet.. I've been enjoying the yogurt all week.
    Jim is calling.. take care all
  • elli
    Options
    Big Gramma - that's fabulous that you lost the weight! Don't you just love when that happens?????? I know what you mean about trying to not buy stuff that you don't NEED. I'm doing the same.

Marie - yippeeeeeeee! I'm so glad hubby's test came back good! There's NOTHING more important than our health! If you want to look at the blog it's" www.ellisnewhouse.blogspot.com

I worked out after work today on the elliptical, treadmll and 30 min of lifting. AND - i had the best dinner. Spaghetti squash with onions, orange pepper, sun dried tomatos (from the garden) and 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese. YUM! In my weigh in this morning i lost 1 more pound too, so i'm happy!

Barbie - the builder and my friends who are helping me say I should be able to move back into my house in May. Personally - i think they're living in fantasy land. If i can move back in in August I'll be shocked and amazed. And HONESTLY - i HOPE i can move back in before Christmas! I guess we'll see.

Have a great night everyone! elli
  • Ingeborg
    Ingeborg Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks for the nice welcome
    You seem to have fun talking to each other.
    I am very busy these days--not much time to chat.
    But will keep in touch from time to time
    Good luck on the weight loss
    Ingeborg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Friends,

Was sitting again for my 4 year old granddaughter but I did manage to get one hour of my Wii Fitness Coach which gave me an extra 190 calories. Yipee, I need all the calories I can get. :laugh:

Marie, glad your husband's test came back good. BGamma, glad you found a green shirt to wear and congratulations on the weight loss.
    Barb, you work so hard, I hope you take some time for yourself.
    Elli, where are you living while you are remodeling?
    I know I am not acknowleding everyone please forgive me. I am exhausted from the 4 year old. :tongue:

Hope to be back more on track tomorrow.

Have a good night's sleep. :glasses:
  • elli
    Options
    hi Sandy - those 4 year olds will sure wear you out won't they? I have no grandkids yet, but i babysit my friends 5 ur old and 7 month old girls. I love 'em dearly but it makes me know why we have kids when we're young!
    My property is 4 acres of what was once a working farm (it's still farms all around me). So there's my house - the one being remodeled, and the hired man's house. That's were i'm living right now - in the little house. I'm SO lucky to have it!
    That wii fitness is so cool! My kids have one - i've only played it once but it sounds like you use it all the time! That's so cool.
    Have a great night - get some sleep!!!!!!! elli
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good Morning all

Phoebe so nice to hear from you. {{{{{hugs}}}}} and many more..:heart::heart: :heart:

Jeffrey-- Been missing you around here. Hope your wife got over her illness so you don't have to do so much work around the house. But I have an ideal that you have always done you share. How is the exercise doing? I have been walking this week. It is getting so nice outside once again.

Biggramma---Got your Green on. I just got up and I look down and my grown has green frogs on it. so maybe I will just keep it on allday. But I planned on a shopping day at Walmart just by meself so I guess I better change into something a little more decent.

Barbie---You are doing an amazing job on your weight lost. A GREAT BIG {{{{HUG}}}} TO YOU.

Sandy---- You are making good progress and a nice {{{hug}}} to you.

Elli---Hope you don't have to wait till Christmas to get back in your house.

{{{{HUGS}} :heart: to all of you. have a nice day. Be back later --- Calie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Is it time to go to the next week? I'm not doing it, I'd mess it up!!
    what a nice day we are having.. up to 70 or so. sunshine.. can't ask for more than that!!
    I finally found a use for those Glade glass air freshener things.. they seemed to last quite a while, and I love the clean linen scent.. But I wonered what I could do with the glass square tiles when they were all 'scented out'.. Well, we were looking for a decorative accent for the bathroom sink cabinet top.. and these little glass blocks fit perfectly.. I love recycling!!

Not that it has anything to do with weight loss:bigsmile:

We are heading to the chiro and grocery. we plan to leave later this evening. I've got a few computer things to do, putting audiobooks onto my mp3 player.. downloaded the books two weeks ago, but forgot to transfer them to the player!

On another off topic remark.. for avid readers/ music listeners/ movie watchers- a trio of websites have a plan that works very well and is catching on like hotcakes..
    www.paperbackswap.com
    www.swapacd.com
    www.swapadvd.com
    You only pay postage on the item you send to someone else. there is no purchase price for the books or discs.. fun!!

got to scoot.. have a great week!!

happy st. patricks day..:sick: (he IS Green!!)
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

I hope you are all well this fine St. Pat's Day! It is almost 70 here! I went to the dentist today and got my new crown. Glad that is over! Work and home have been busy. I think everyone is well now. I got a double workout in last night and I am just beat today. I have to clean some of the hot tub tonight and fold clothes along with my workout(s). Pretty boring! Biggest Loser is on tonight so it is a good TV night.

Everyone take care! Did anyone look at the Tai-Chi? It really is great stuff.

Jeffrey
  • elli
    Options
    hey Jeffrey! where is it you live? 70 is GREAT weather. It's actually supposed to get up to that today here in colorado which is a little warm.........march is usually our snowiest month. I'm happy for you that your dental stuff is done for awhile. ugh:frown: probably my WORST thing - and i have to go in the next month too.
    Glad everyone is better!
    I didn't look at the tai chi because i do that hot yoga, and the gym - just don't think i can add anything else. I know it's supposed to be a great work out tho!
    Man you're lost a lot of weight! You must feel GREAT!
    Have a good one. elli
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    FYI......Calie...started a new week......3/17........I found it by accident....:laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks biggramma. I am going to have to post at he end of currant post after I change dates

here is the new one:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/45616-seniors-golden-sneakers-club-3-17-till. --Callie
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Hi there again!

Elli- I live in Northeast Indiana, farm country. when you a chance check out the tai-chi. I mixes in real well with the Yoga that you are doing. You would get into it real quick with no problem. I have been real fortunate in my weight loss journey. I have had no major illnesses to deal with, and only a few injuries that I have been able to train through for the most part. I am now still focused on losing body fat. I am currently down to about 13.5% plus or minus a percentage point. That is a lot harder than losing the weight for me. But 120 days ago I was about 17.5% bady fat, so the workouts are doing thier job.

Let me know if there is anything that I can assist with. Have fun with the yoga. I have kind of been looking for one of the hot yoga classes around here. I would like to try that once or twice.

Happy St Paddy's to everyone again!

Jeffrey
  • elli
    Options
    oh cool - i live in farm country too! my neighbor just dumped a dead cow down in the pit by where i walk my dogs - bleah!:explode: I'm thinking of calling the rendering truck myself and just paying to have it removed..........
    I looked at the tai chi online - it does look very cool! I may try and get a dvd and just try it at home! Hot yoga is awesome if you can find a studio close by enough. I'm lucky that each of the major towns i live within 30 minutes of has one!!!!!!
    Today i'm just going to the gym for cardio and legs! Take care! elli