Seniors Golden Sneakers Club week of 3/9 -3/16

Options
1235»

Replies

• jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Elli-

"Giam" makes a nice DVD for Tai-Chi Beginners. It is real inexpensive and very nice. I have seen it at Target and other stores for about $9. Let me know if you get it. Have a good one!

Jeffrey
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    oh - thank you Jeffrey - next time i get into the store i'll look. I've used other Giam dvds - for pilates. I like 'em. I'll have to check that out!
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Quiet day here again! I'm loving it! The last 2 days I have done a double. That is 2 workouts for a little over 2 hours. I am shot! Why did I do that? LOL We are having another decent weather day again but some rain is expected later today.

Not much else to report. Just Church tonight and a "single" workout! I am thinking about putting my pre emergent weed killer down on the lawn and fertilizing it. It is just starting to green up a little. Everyone have a great day!

Jeffrey
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi Jeffrey - it seems like we have 2 threads going, only now i can't find the other one!
    When you do 2 workouts like that do you eat all the calories mfp allows? I haven't been because it seems like an awful lot of food! Then i get that message at the end of the day about not eating enough. But my weight loss is so slow at this point - so i don't want to eat too much!
    Gotta run - elli
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Elii-

If your calorie count is too low you will not lose weight. The body will adjust. I have heard it called starvation mode. If I were you I would stay in line with the guide and up my calories. Try it for a few weeks and see what happens. Make sure it is good calories, not just calories from fat. Supplement with dried fruit (apricots my favorite!), walnuts, and the like. The change will not be instant. Your body will have to adjust.

Right now I am just in a muscle building mode, not weight loss. I will be doing it for about another 2 months, then back to pure cardio to reduce again. I am using up about 4,500 calories per day with my BMR and workouts. I am taking in about 2000, but the body is transfering the energy. I have been a place where you are right now and I upped my calories and got a few more pounds off. I have a tendancy to "over train' and that is not good for weight loss either. How many calories are you taking in? Let me know and I bet we can figure out a workable plan for you. Have you consulted your doctor?

Hang in there! It will happen! If you find the other post let me know.

Jeffrey