Stay-At-Home Moms 3/9-3/15

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    hi moms! i weighed in this morning and have lost 1.5 lbs this week! i can now officially fit into my "transition pants" those are my old size 14 pants that are a little bigger than the other 14's. a few more pounds and i'll be fitting into my pre-first pregnancy clothes:happy: the weather here is crazy today. i woke up this morning and it was snowing pretty hard and i figured they would cancel ds's preschool, but no such luck. then it started raining, so now the snow is slush and super stinky to drive in. i'm hoping the roads will be better in an hour when i have to pick him up. on top of that, i feel like i'm getting a cold and dh is away till tomorrow :grumble: ok that's the end of my complaining. have a good day everyone!

*smacks forehead* I thought I replied to this on here. You look AMAZING, Beth & your loss this week is awesome! I hope you made it through until Andrew came home from yet another business trip...that must get OLD fast! Geesh!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Morning !! We had the estimate done OMG !! They want 11000 just for windows !! I dont know I think I may just have to wait till my Dad gets better and he can help us do it... He has his own contractor buisness... Well of to run some errands today! I will pop in later have a wonderful morning all !!

Holy Junk!!! That's a lot of money. Hopefully you can do it for MUCH cheaper with your dad's help. I hope he gets better soon...not just so you can get your windows done :blushing: I was trying to be sincere but I think the comment fell into the wrong context :blushing:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...

Beth congrats on your loss! You are doing great!

Not much to report here. Still doing the same old same old...eating right (or at least as close as I can) and exercise. If I'm lucky this week the scale will move a little bit, since it didn't move at all last week. I'm not looking for miracles just hoping to come close to my goal weight by my goal date. If I don't see any move on the scale I may need to change some things up. I saw pretty good results while I was doing the Shred (even though I hated doing it) so I might need to go back to it for a couple weeks. I'm thinking now that the days are getting longer I will go walking after dinner...and maybe turn it into a jog eventually.

Hope you all have a great day...It's almost the weekend!!!
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Didnt jog this morning legs are really sore and we had some friends round last night so got a bit of a late night got shred level 2 in again OMG this is still killing me. My best friend called round this lunch time I havent seen her in about 4 weeks and since then I have lost 10 lbs and she really noticed that I am way more toned so I am on a bit of a high at the mo plus I got to play with my godson (to be christening is in may and I am going to look hot) he is delicious 15 months old and still not walking and has a real cheeky grin I love having them over for lunch it makes a nice change my girls are so good with him they bring all their toys and everytime he cries they rush to make sure he is ok its so sweet.

Just got back from walking the dogs I am talking them in the afternoons now as it is only 12 weeks til we go to disney world and I want to get the kids legs used to walking I want them to have a bit more endurance for getting round the theme parks with too much moaning. I dont want anything to screw up this holiday as we dont know when we will be able to afford to go again especially if I do get pregnant. I know things happen that you cant plan for but I want to be prepared as much as possible that way we can all enjoy the holiday.

Tomorrow I am getting up early going for the jog that I didnt get this morning then I will do shred when hubby takes kids to school shower walk the dogs then in the afternoon I am going swimming for 1 hr I am going to try and do 100 lengths then I get to relax and take paige swimming in the baby pool for 30 mins then home to cook a healthy meal it is our 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow so I am going to pick some nice fillet steaks and grill it with some mushrooms and other veg hubby will have potato wedges I wont.

Have a great day everybody.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great job with the exercise Tazzy!

What is shred? I have heard other people mention it also but have never heard of it.

I shocked myself by jogging for 30 minutes yesterday without stopping - almost 2 miles! I haven't done any running in a LONG time and I was happy to see I could still do it! And I am not sore today, which is nice motivation for me to try again and try to go longer!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lyn - I bet you have a big week this week. Whenever the scale doesn't move for me one week, it does fabulous things the next. *whispers* Unless I'm on a p-word, in which case the scale gets thrown against the wall. :bigsmile:

Tazzy - Good luck getting that workout in today! That's smart getting the kids used to all the walking. Disney is like a giant hike! :laugh:

Writer - Shred is a 30 min. Jillian Michael's workout. I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard good things. I think you can get it at Target or Walmart for like $10. Good job on the jogging, too! I'm working up to that. I've never been a runner so we'll see how I feel when the spring comes. One of my dogs could use a good workout every morning!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Shred is a program I promised to send to Sara, but still haven't gotten out of my dungeon-- er, I mean office long enough to get to the post office. I will try and get there next grocery shopping day, if not before-- what a louse I am. :grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Shred is a program I promised to send to Sara, but still haven't gotten out of my dungeon-- er, I mean office long enough to get to the post office. I will try and get there next grocery shopping day, if not before-- what a louse I am. :grumble:

My goodness, Marla. It really is fine. I do believe I haven't sent something out to someone from this site, too. Eek! you just reminded me that it is in my basement. Oops! Seriously, though. No worries! I shall live without Jillian for now. :laugh:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Morning !! We had the estimate done OMG !! They want 11000 just for windows !! I dont know I think I may just have to wait till my Dad gets better and he can help us do it... He has his own contractor buisness... Well of to run some errands today! I will pop in later have a wonderful morning all !!

I choked on my tongue a bit. $11,000?!?!? You have got to be kidding! We haven't spent that much on one thing on our house & we've done a LOT...well, I guess fixing the basement was pretty darn close to that, but that was a HUGE week-long project. Geeze a loo, woman! I suggest you wait until your dad can help! Eek!
    Yeah and they said that was a discount.... We have 14 windows in total 2 of which are rather large one would become a bay window..... But that is still alot.... my dad recently had surgery to replace his shoulder and I am not sure how long till he is better but he said he knows many people we could hire to do it tons cheaper!!! For siding they said 14,800 ........ Hmmmmm...... Yeah toooo much .... Considering that together is half what we paid for our house!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options

Holy Junk!!! That's a lot of money. Hopefully you can do it for MUCH cheaper with your dad's help. I hope he gets better soon...not just so you can get your windows done :blushing: I was trying to be sincere but I think the comment fell into the wrong context :blushing:

I understand what you meant completely!! I hope he gets better to although that is he choice as well. To start he has shoulder surgery but that is doing good.... He has pancretitis, Liver sorosis, hep c and has been told to stop drinking....... Hopefully or the Dr said he wouldnt see his 55th Birthday he is turning 52 this year.. I seem to accept this ok cause I know what is going to happen and that he chooses to still drink but inside it hurts soooo bad when I know he is drinking.

Thank You again!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options

Writer - Shred is a 30 min. Jillian Michael's workout. I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard good things. I think you can get it at Target or Walmart for like $10.
    I used to see this at walmart till recently I went to buy it I cant find it at any store..... So I am thinking of ordering from walmart.com ebay is outragious !!!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    For those who have Netflix there are free watch instantly Jillan !! Cardio kickboxing is a booty kicker my shoulder hurts today ...... Hmmm I am skipping that today..

I did recieve the book I won off Ebay called The Biggest Loser the weight-loss program to transform your body, health and life Tonight I think I will start reading I have never liked reading !!

I ve set a goal today to be 145-148 by my next dr appointment which takes me out of the over weight catagory and puts me in the healthy, I think my dr is gonna faint cause last time I was there I weighed 174 now 153 ..... I started this journey at 181 ( I think more since this was 1 month after seeing the dr.) But I will say that. The weight left easy at first now it is harder to lose not sure why.... but my goal is to be in that weigth range by May 12th !!!

Well have a wonderful day Mommies...

Oh question ......... is 94% fat free popcorn ok? I love popcorn but tend to eat the whole bag.......
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hi moms! i weighed in this morning and have lost 1.5 lbs this week! i can now officially fit into my "transition pants" those are my old size 14 pants that are a little bigger than the other 14's. a few more pounds and i'll be fitting into my pre-first pregnancy clothes:happy: the weather here is crazy today. i woke up this morning and it was snowing pretty hard and i figured they would cancel ds's preschool, but no such luck. then it started raining, so now the snow is slush and super stinky to drive in. i'm hoping the roads will be better in an hour when i have to pick him up. on top of that, i feel like i'm getting a cold and dh is away till tomorrow :grumble: ok that's the end of my complaining. have a good day everyone!

*smacks forehead* I thought I replied to this on here. You look AMAZING, Beth & your loss this week is awesome! I hope you made it through until Andrew came home from yet another business trip...that must get OLD fast! Geesh!

thanks sara! you must be excited to be soooo close to your goal! still waiting for hubby to get home. and that "feeling that i'm getting a cold" has pretty much turned into a plague situation :grumble:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Writer - Shred is a 30 min. Jillian Michael's workout. I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard good things. I think you can get it at Target or Walmart for like $10.
    I used to see this at walmart till recently I went to buy it I cant find it at any store..... So I am thinking of ordering from walmart.com ebay is outragious !!!

i also think if you have on demand with your cable, you get the 30 day shred for free in the excercise or fitness section. i know my sil gets it in mass, but here in maine we don't have on demand yet. i got the 30 day shred from netflix. they have a ton of good workout dvd's and i really love that i can try stuff out before i buy it.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    :ohwell: I dont get it on demand here in michigan POUT POUT but I think I am gonna get it from netflix first to see if I like it !
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Its been a long time since I have been on here. I gave up with all my stress from moving and getting the house ready so we can sell it. Its finally on the market and we had 1 showing since we have put it up about a month ago. So anyways, I been thinking about getting back into the swing of things. I just not sure I can do it. I am just emotional wreck which makes me want to eat. Plus my hubby has been gone traveling a lot so not sure if I can do it. Well just wanted to say hello and I am still here.

Hi to all the newbies out there.

Jules
  • 3babybeans
    Options

thanks sara! you must be excited to be soooo close to your goal! still waiting for hubby to get home. and that "feeling that i'm getting a cold" has pretty much turned into a plague situation :grumble:

Oh, that's horrible! Are the boys sick, too? :frown: I hate it when my kids are sick & especially when I'm not feeling well, either! BLAH! And I am excited, the scale actually showed me my goal weight yesterday morning, but I'm in denial & I'm trying to hold off until my "official" weigh-in next Wednesday for it to be real. :laugh: I was actually scared to get on it this morning & that NEVER happens b/c I have a scale-disorder. :bigsmile:

Hope you have a good day, Beth!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I never thought to look there! Thanks, Crystal!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi all! Its been a long time since I have been on here. I gave up with all my stress from moving and getting the house ready so we can sell it. Its finally on the market and we had 1 showing since we have put it up about a month ago. So anyways, I been thinking about getting back into the swing of things. I just not sure I can do it. I am just emotional wreck which makes me want to eat. Plus my hubby has been gone traveling a lot so not sure if I can do it. Well just wanted to say hello and I am still here.

Hi to all the newbies out there.

Jules

Welcome back, Jules! I hope the house sells quickly for you! Good luck! :flowerforyou: