OT-What pets do you have?

Options

Replies

• profeta
    profeta Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, im new here and just having a look through the site and this (what pets do you have ) caught my eye. So here goes, my pets consist of .....3 dogs, 1 cat, 3 pigmy goats, 2 miniture pot bellied pigs, 2 sheep, of which 1 is totally blind, 2 brama hens, 2 ducks, 2 horses, 1 pony and a very confused goose that is actually a ganda who thinks he's a pig!!! and the most annoying thing........... Im still over weight looking after this lot!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, im new here and just having a look through the site and this (what pets do you have ) caught my eye. So here goes, my pets consist of .....3 dogs, 1 cat, 3 pigmy goats, 2 miniture pot bellied pigs, 2 sheep, of which 1 is totally blind, 2 brama hens, 2 ducks, 2 horses, 1 pony and a very confused goose that is actually a ganda who thinks he's a pig!!! and the most annoying thing........... Im still over weight looking after this lot!!!

Are you, by chance, building an ark??
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Profeta, I think we would probably make good friends. I listed my ark of animals two posts ahead of you! :laugh:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have two boys...a pure bred husky and a shepherd/rotti mix both a year old in April. They are the most lovable dogs and behave so well considering they're puppies. I find it hard to take my shep/rotti out though. He's a very large dog and a lot of people always make remarks like 'I bet he bites.' It sux. I love em though and so does my husband and kids so that's all that matters.

Crys
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

Are you, by chance, building an ark??

LOL!

i would love mini pot belly piggies! :heart:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I have two boys...a pure bred husky and a shepherd/rotti mix both a year old in April. They are the most lovable dogs and behave so well considering they're puppies. I find it hard to take my shep/rotti out though. He's a very large dog and a lot of people always make remarks like 'I bet he bites.' It sux. I love em though and so does my husband and kids so that's all that matters.

Crys

I completely understand when I walk my boy 9yr(Pitbull) Chiko people act like I am walking a lion however- But thats cause they hear all the negative not the positive.
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    I have a pound pup mix named samson who is 12 and a chihuahua named pixie that is 1.5 and another chihuahua that is 7 months named hazel! loves of my life!
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I have 12 fun loving ferrets named Mischief, Chaos, Lucifer, Amay, Lucy, Zena, Zeus, Bradlee, Kahlua, Barcardi, Shadow, Luna

Two dogs, mix breed - Sasha and Negrita

One red tail boa named snake

One cockatail named monster

I forgot the biggest animals of all 3 teenagers....
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Lets see! I have 2 dogs a weinni dog and a blue heeler
    I have one pet cat and about 5 barn cats that I just feed.
    I have now 6 horses, about a dozen cows

A farm
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    and a fish
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options

Crys

I completely understand when I walk my boy 9yr(Pitbull) Chiko people act like I am walking a lion however- But thats cause they hear all the negative not the positive.

I feel for you two!!!!

I hate, hate, HATE it when people automatically assume that a pit bull = a BAD dog. Pit bulls are actually very loving, family oriented dogs. It's all in how you raise them! Just like kids, you have crappy parents; you're going to get crappy kids. What really gets me is that the media won't even touch a story about a dog bite unless it's a 'pit bull' (and by the ' ' I mean that they are just called put bulls - square head, etc.). I once visited a site (can't remember it now) that had 100 pictures of dogs. You had to pick out the one true bit bull.... So, all those news stories you hear about a vicious pit bull attack, make sure it really is a pit bull!

I have a 3.5 year old pit bull named Medusa. When we got out kitten, she was 2 and let the kitten nurse on her for 3 months! We just go a basset hound three weeks ago, and Medusa dotes on him like he's hers. She wouldn't hurt a fly..... And yes, I get comments all the time - "oh, she must not get along with other animals well", "oh, will she bite me?", and my favorite from my bro-in-law when he was down visiting with my sister and two kids "please don't feed the dog when my kids are in the same room, I don't want her going ballistic, and ripping apart my children"...... WOW.....

I love my pit bull, and I would ask anyone who has a problem with them to come over to my house and meet my baby.... You'll fall in love! :love:

Dalmatians - most people don't know that they are the most vicious dog out there..... Yup, that's right, not German shepherds, Dobermans, Rhotties or even pit-bull - it's Dalmatians!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    To post a pic, upload it to a photo site like photobucket. Then take the code they give you & post it between [IMG][/IMG] (but change IMG to img).

I have a fatty cat named Lucy & 2 mutts named Gina & Floyd. They keep my life...messy. :wink:

Hey, how's Floyd doing anyways? Anymore emergency visits?
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters...owners make Pit Bulls mean!

Here is my Uncle's Dog, Mack [pit bullish lol]...(he resides in CT!)

He is as sweet as he can be, but very protective...he will jump right in your lap, trust me, he isn't light either!

mack207.gif

mack07.gif
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    We've got a german shepherd, Rhea. She's 8 now, we got her when she was 5. Her owners were moving to California and their daughter took one of the dogs, but they had to find a home for Rhea. When we got married, my husband was ok (sort of) with my cat, but told me no dogs. Well, I brought home the picture of Rhea, and pleaded for an afternoon visit. Rhea is such a good girl, even DH couldn't help but fall in love. Of course, since we've gotten her, we've broken some of her good habits (I feed her when I'm sitting on the couch, so now she begs). And I love how when DH tells her to go lay down, she looks at me, she knows who is boss!

Also have a 18 year old cat, named Duck. When I got him, his name was Doc, because he looked like Sylvester from Bugs Bunny. My son was only 3, and couldn't say Doc, so the name Duck, just stuck. I can tell you though, one time when he got out, I was wandering around the neighborhood, calling "Here Duck, Here Duck, Here kitty kitty". The neighbors must have thought I was insane! He's always been sort of bulemic, eating and throwing up, but lately it's gotten a lot worse. The vet has me mixing his dry cat food with canned, because his esophogus isn't working very well anymore. Since doing that, he's put on a couple of pounds, he's turning into a regular fatty catty.

My 15 year old came home around Thanksgiving asking if he could have the snake that the science teacher was giving away. Took a couple of weeks of begging and pleading, and telling us that if the snake smelled, he'd buy an air ionizer, but he talked us into it. He brought the snake (Rex) home right before Christmas and has it in his room. I love watching Rex eat! He's a garter snake, and only about 12 inches long, about as wide as your pinky. Every day we give him a worm, I think we're about ready to try nightcrawlers instead of leaf worms next. Of course, maybe feeding him every other day, with the bigger worm... The pet store recommended trying crickets too... Some day he'll be big enough for pinks... Someday...

Same son also has a beta. The fish definately is the least exciting of all the pets, but he has a cool bowl that hangs from a hook and has an led light, so you can really see him well.

Oh, and I have 4 boys, do those count as pets?
  • pipinana
    Options
    We've got a german shepherd, Rhea. She's 8 now, we got her when she was 5. Her owners were moving to California and their daughter took one of the dogs, but they had to find a home for Rhea. When we got married, my husband was ok (sort of) with my cat, but told me no dogs. Well, I brought home the picture of Rhea, and pleaded for an afternoon visit. Rhea is such a good girl, even DH couldn't help but fall in love. Of course, since we've gotten her, we've broken some of her good habits (I feed her when I'm sitting on the couch, so now she begs). And I love how when DH tells her to go lay down, she looks at me, she knows who is boss!

Also have a 18 year old cat, named Duck. When I got him, his name was Doc, because he looked like Sylvester from Bugs Bunny. My son was only 3, and couldn't say Doc, so the name Duck, just stuck. I can tell you though, one time when he got out, I was wandering around the neighborhood, calling "Here Duck, Here Duck, Here kitty kitty". The neighbors must have thought I was insane! He's always been sort of bulemic, eating and throwing up, but lately it's gotten a lot worse. The vet has me mixing his dry cat food with canned, because his esophogus isn't working very well anymore. Since doing that, he's put on a couple of pounds, he's turning into a regular fatty catty.

My 15 year old came home around Thanksgiving asking if he could have the snake that the science teacher was giving away. Took a couple of weeks of begging and pleading, and telling us that if the snake smelled, he'd buy an air ionizer, but he talked us into it. He brought the snake (Rex) home right before Christmas and has it in his room. I love watching Rex eat! He's a garter snake, and only about 12 inches long, about as wide as your pinky. Every day we give him a worm, I think we're about ready to try nightcrawlers instead of leaf worms next. Of course, maybe feeding him every other day, with the bigger worm... The pet store recommended trying crickets too... Some day he'll be big enough for pinks... Someday...

Same son also has a beta. The fish definately is the least exciting of all the pets, but he has a cool bowl that hangs from a hook and has an led light, so you can really see him well.

haha, love the cat named duck! LOL You sound like me, begging your DH for more pets.... :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    Options
    I agree with other posters...owners make Pit Bulls mean!

Here is my Uncle's Dog, Mack [pit bullish lol]...(he resides in CT!)

AHHHH, what a cutie! :love:
  • pettmybunny
    Options

haha, love the cat named duck! LOL You sound like me, begging your DH for more pets.... :flowerforyou:

Before we got married, I lived in an apartment, so no dogs. I wanted one sooo bad. And she was too cute in her picture. I couldn't help it, even though I knew he didn't want another dog...
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    my husband. :laugh:
  • pipinana
    Options

Before we got married, I lived in an apartment, so no dogs. I wanted one sooo bad. And she was too cute in her picture. I couldn't help it, even though I knew he didn't want another dog...

Yeah, once you see them it's SO hard to say no! :) Oh, forgot to tell you, your four boys? Deff count as pets! LOL My husband comes from a family of four boys..... My mum-in-law's always telling me how hard it was..... :laugh:
  • pipinana
    Options
    my husband. :laugh:

heeheeheeee