Sixers Spring Clean Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Sorry ladies, forgot to weigh in today.

Cathy - thanks for the tips, the boy is pretty in-shape (probably weighs no more than 10 lbs. more than me. haha) so going to the gym together would certainly be interesting. :smile:

Shanell - I have been looking at Bridget's workout video and thinking about getting it!! You liked it then? I have to say, their show was one of my guilty pleasures, I'm sad it's over!! I love her!

more later, weird day, I will hopefully have time to explain.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Cass, AmyLou, glad to see you ladies!

Had a great run this afternoon. I ran for half an hour and had a decent sweat. Got to go make supper so we can get to the pool on time! Have a great evening ladies!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i hope everyone has a good friday night......as in the past not many are on here during the weekend. i am here....:smokin: .
    made sloppy joes (homemade) for dinner, delish. just had popcorn w/carmel topping from pampered chef. it was good.
    getting hair cut tomorrow. told hair dresser i wanted something that was wash and go and not in my face. right now my hair is cut like kate from john and kate +8. it's in my face, and with the warm weather i can't go through the summer like this. don't know what she is going to do.

later :heart:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    HHHEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO ((((ECHO)))) any one out there????
    guess not, well go on about my day. have a good one......:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    I'm here, but just for a moment :happy: Time to get things ready for dance classes this morning!!
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Food has been a total bust the last few days- I've been eating my nerves. Back on the wagon, may have gained a little but doubt it's more than half a pound, if that, once the sodium filters away. And I'll be packing like a mad thing for the next few days, so a nice calorie burner there.

Passed my driving test :happy:

Have a great weekend all:flowerforyou:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow sixers. Quiet on the weekend like always. I haven't been doing to good on the food, but did lift some weights last night and mowed the backyard today. So trying to keep active.

Tudor, congrats on passing your driving test.:drinker:

Well, just figured I would check in.

Later.:glasses:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    just checking in...:smile:

congrats on the driving test :flowerforyou:

shanell dad said we will mow next weekend. he's leaving on wed and back friday night.

doing good today. been out doing some more planting and preparing the garden. getting some more seeds going. want to freeze lots this year.

dinner almost ready,

• PedalHound
    Options
    :sad: :explode: :sad: :explode: :sad: bad, bad Rhiannon... I can't even bring myself to give details. NEW day tomorrow. Seriously - I went over by more than my whole cals for the DAY :sick: . Emotional eating at its worst I'm afraid. GOOD THING I have a workout scheduled for the morning. Looks like I'll be getting a run in AND going to a class to try to compensate for today a little. I'll also make a point of having a heavy-on-veg day tomorrow to give my body and blood sugar a break.
    I've been trying to deny it for a couple of days but another (!!!) cold has hit me hard. But this evening seems to be a slight turn for the better so I'll try to sweat it out at the gym tomorrow.
    Thank you for being here ladies. My sense of accountability to you prevented this evening from being worse :flowerforyou:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Sixers!!!

I just wanted to let you know I have been resting for 2 whole days. I started a nasty habit though, It all started with a few now and laters and now I have moved to starburst jellybeans. OH MY!!!:grumble: A dentist eating alllllll the candy. FUNNY! I have always had a sweet tooth but its way more aggressive for the past 3 days. Well..... I need to work on that for sure... its just more calories. I have been doing workout videos at home. YAY..... made me excited. Also when I went to visit some gyms on friday the lady told me of a website. www.gymtickets.com- if you are looking for a gym, type in your zip and they will give you a week pass to a gym close by. FYI

Tudor- I totally understand the emotional eating. We will get past it! Good luck
    Rhiannon- Your post reminded me that we all go through those days when we eat what we want.
    Lauryn- I have 8.50 in my jar! I like doing it. I have to journal everyday for a quarter!
    Chipper- I love posting more!
    Tiff- welcome back home! :happy: Good luck on your test this friday!!

All others- are you doing well or struggling with anything. I believe I need some motivation this weekend!!!

Thanks for all the support!

Take care

Tamm:wink:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Tamm, a sweet tooth is hard to beat sometimes... How cool that you could try a gym for free. Most gyms used to do that but not so many do these days I find.
    I wanted to ask you something (calling Dr. Friend! :happy: ) - Leith's gums seem to be bleeding more easily along the teeth that are capped. But he also makes tooth brushing a time of laughing wrestling so he may be getting nicked. Freaks me out a little though. AND (yes, I'll be awaiting my bill for your services :blushing: ), I think Ava is grinding her teeth in her sleep sometimes and I noticed her front right top tooth has a little chip in it now. Should I take her to see our dentist or wait for her July appointment?

Which videos are you doing at home these days? I'm looking for something new to try.
    Speaking of support, when you're having your own rough patch just remember how much motivation you offer everyone here and that it's because you make great choices SO often. This isn't easy. Sometimes we mess up! But two steps forward one step back is SURE better than two steps BACK and one step forward. Let's take our next step forward again tomorrow okay? :flowerforyou:

Well, back to tidying up. My Mama comes in tomorrow night and our place is so small that it has to start off extra organized when there's another person staying here so we don't get bogged down!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    GOOD MORNING !!!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    what a glorious day it is....:flowerforyou: i (we) woke up and have had a great sunday morning so far. :blushing: we fixed breakfast together and ate together. first time is LONGGGG time we have had a nice morning like this. now wish the kid was gone :laugh: . here in a few i am getting dressed and heading to the gym. than come back and shower and DH and i are going over the garden space and what we still want to plant and heading to the store. we are shooting to have the garden planted by the end of the month. we have planned potatoes, red onions, squash, zucchini, broccoli, different tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers. some of the tomatoes we are growing in a regular hanging basket. yes, shanell if everything grows right you guys will have your own personal farmers market. i want to freeze a bunch for the coming winter.

ok, ladies.....it's a new day. back straight, chest out. get your selfs together. you have been slowly going down this down hill for awhile. snap (snapping fingers) out of it. you have done a great job to get you to where you are now. don't let it slide right back on. it will before you know it. than you will slide even farther down, cause you will be made at yourself. it's done it's over get going. getting mad at yourself isn't going to made things better. only worse. put down the sugar whatevers and get back going up the hill again. GOOOO TURN AROUND!!! all in love ladies :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:

tiff...welcome back. don't get on the scale for at least a week. all the salt will appear and it will crush you. just drink :drinker: lots of water and wait.

off to dress and out the door.

later loves :heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    morning ladies!

Cathy, sounds like a great garden! Thanks for being the mother hen and not letting us slack off :wink:

Well, I'm about to plan my menu for the day then make my protein shake and head over to the gym for a run then a step class. Busy day around here so I'll check in either way later tonight or tomorrow!

:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Well, I figured I'd post my meals for today because it sometimes helps me review:

1. 1 breakfast fruit & nut "cookie", vanilla blueberry protein shake made w/ skim milk
    2. big spinach salad w/ red pepper, strawberries, walnuts & balsamic vinegar
    3. 3 cups air-popped popcorn (which I'll smuggle into the movies this afternoon!)
    4. scrambled egg whites w/ broccoli & low-sodium salsa, chocolate protein shake made w/ unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    5. 1 slice Ezekiel sodium-free bread & 1/4 cup skim milk cheese made into a grilled cheese sandwich, 1 gala apple & 1/4 of a red pepper in sticks
    6. Ezekiel bread w/ almond butter & banana

That takes me 7 cals over my usual allotment for the day but I'll be burning lots at the gym. Since it's early in the morning and the over-calorie madness was last night my body won't worry about a full-on daily loss today but it should balance a little. I was WAY over in sodium yesterday so I'm not weighing until Tues.

Okay, time to get this plan cracking!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Today was going to be a rest day since I did that 2 hour boot camp class yesterday. Well acutually I only did an hour and 40 minutes. I started to feel sick. I wasnt sure if it was the workout or if I really felt sick but I am still proud of myself for doing that. My whole body is sore right now but I still want to get out and do something. I havent lost anyweight so far onthis challenge and I am going crazy but I know that I took a month off from the gym and my diet so I am just now getting back but I would still like to lose some weight before this challenge ends. I just have to keep on trucking I guess.

Have a good day everyone and I will checkin later

Connie
  • chipper15173
    Options
    helloooooo connie....wow 2 hr boot camp...great job for going over an hour. that's a long class. i don't think i could make it over an hour.
    pedal....sounds like a plan....

i always figure for me it's just easier to fight though the want to eat, than to fall hard and have to struggle to get back going again. i find it harder for me to restart.
    today we DH wanted to go to fazolis for lunch, hadn't been in awhile. OH MY GOSH!!!! they didn't have what we planned for in my calorie book, didn't have the second choice either. i normally have 2 choices from my book before i go in. didn't have any of the things that the book said would be good. so i choose the Chicken Broccoli Penne Bake. it has 870 calories :noway: . since i didn't know how many at the time, i told DH i was only going to eat 1/2. and i did. thank goodness....told DH we are only eating there once in a blue moon now.

got the garden all planted and watered. just wait for some veggies.....

• gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    HEY EVERYONE!!! I'm baccccckkkk!!

:embarassed: Um.... PLEASE READ~ I have tried to update my weight like 5 TIMES! lol... I updated it to 148.5 on week 2 and every time I look it says 0.0 lb progress!!! :{ PLEASE HELP!

:bigsmile: Sooo... the cruise was exciting! Beautiful beaches, hot weather and lots and lots of FOOD... I did my best to make healthy choices but of course I am sure I did put on some weight... I did make time to work out too.. so all and all I'm not worried about whatever I gained b/c I know with healthy eating and exercise it will be back off soon! :-)

I have a test Friday and I took a whole week off for spring break so me and my class mates will be on some SERIOUS crunch mode. Sorry I'm so M.i.A. I'll do better next time... but still workign hard for big results this time!

HAve a wonderful week! I'll try to pop in and check on you all!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Tiff- Good to see you!!

Rhiannon-I need to get back to planning my menus, you do such a great job at it!!!

Cathy - Thanks for the constant pep talks, I need them!!!

Connie - 2 hours boot camp? WHOA!! I think I would fall over after an hour!

Well ladies, I just had the BEST run of my life!!! it was about 60 degrees today so it was outside and I finally got past Week 3 of C25K and did Day 1 of Week 4!!!! ugh that 5 minute jog was a challenge!! But I made it through and I feel great!! Will probably do some planks to get my abs working here in a bit once i'm stretched out.

Question to all my fellow C25K-ers do any of you use the podcast by Robert? and if you do, do you know what song is used for the second 3 minute run into the second 2 1/2 minute walk? It is just instrumental with a good guitar part and I love it!!! would like to purchase it to run to when i'm not doing C25K.

Hope you are all having a good Sunday!! :heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    AmyLou, yay for a great run! I depend on planning my menus. When I don't I'm almost always in trouble.

Tiff, glad to see you back! Good attitude about getting back into the swing of things. Your updated info may not have been copied if a person copied a non-updated list.

Well, I had a crazy time at the gym this morning, especially considering I'm not 100%. I ran 4k at a quicker over-all pace than usual then I did an hour-long step class seriously full-out. I burned almost 1000 cals which is IMMENSELY hard for me to do these days. So, compensated for a little of the damage yesterday (I did give myself an extra 300 cals to eat today because I am so hungry!)

Off to pick up my Mama at the airport!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for everything that you say to help me keep going.

I would love to do the C25k program but I wouldnt be consistent enough for it to really work. I did make it to the gym today and did 44 minutes on the elliptical and 24 on the treadmill. I think I have gotten completely past caring what other people think of me while working out. I walked for the first part on the treadmill and then the second half I was running about a minute at a time and then would rest for about a minute. There were so many skinny little girls in there LOL. We live near a university so college kids use the rec center also. But I had a good workout.

Connie