30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate the calories burned while doing the 30 day shred?
    A lot of people log it in as "circuit training general" and then you just put in however many minutes it was. I think I used to put in 25 minutes or so of that plus 10 minutes of "stretching", which is on there too. Others may do it differently.

Starting day one in about 5 minutes and this was my question! thank you!

I think you may be overestimating the time spent. Jillian does 3 circuits of 3-2-1 minutes =18 minutes +the warm-up and cool down. When I timed it, it came out closer to 22 minutes, sorry : (11236495.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just bought this DVD and plan to start February 1 to help get ready for my trip to Cuba in March. I am pretty nervous to do it!!

I do Zumba twice a week so I am thinking that maybe I should not do the 30 DS the days before Zumba (otherwise I won't be able to move). Does anyone else take off a day or two so they will be able to stay alive during their other workouts? If I only did 5 days a week would I see as much of a benefit?

Also would I need anything other than weights? I read something in here about a skipping rope, which I don't have.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i love thhe 30 ds. the first 10 days was incredible for me. i felt such a huge difference in my body composition. keep it up!
  • corduroyveins
    corduroyveins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yay! i am going to start the 30 day shred tomorrow and i am so excited! i was trying to see how many calories i would burn per workout and couldn't find it in the exercise database! what do you enter when you do it??
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    yay! i am going to start the 30 day shred tomorrow and i am so excited! i was trying to see how many calories i would burn per workout and couldn't find it in the exercise database! what do you enter when you do it??

Personally I put it under calisthenics because you are doing pushups, situps (crunches), lunges, squats...I underestimate time (about 15 minutes), because I rather have a lower estimate than an overestimate of calories.
  • averysbo
    Options
    I love jillian and yes I swear and holler at her lol. I did almost 2 months last year and loved the outcome. She is great just gotta stick it out. Good luck all
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred tonight. I do Zumba as my main exercise, but figured I needed to step it up a notch. So I am not really going to follow any kind of plan....I just want to do the shred workout three nights a week...if I feel like moving up a level, I will...but for now level one kicks my butt!
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    D3L3 Don't do it everyday of the week, but probably 5 and it is a great workout! Keep it up she is worth all the hard work. Love how quick the workout is. Thinking of doing Ripped in 30 next. Have about 7 of her videos that I plan on getting through in 2012.

I did the 30 Day Shred in October and really liked it, lost about 10 pounds and several inches (2 of them from my waist :). I am doing Ripped in 30 now and so far so good; I just finished with week one and will start week 2 tomorrow. I'm with you, I love getting cardio and strength in 24 minutes :)

i did day 1 of level 2 today (of the shred). I LOOOVE it, despite how hard it is. I do it everyday, sometmes 2x. no days off.

I'm gonna start ripped in 30 next, if you wanna do that one as a group. :)

im on day 8 of level 2 nxt wen im done iv got the ripped in 30 too .. :) i know iv only done it for one week but part of me doesnt want it to stop x
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 1 today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The twenty minutes goes by fast. I do intense step aerobics MWF so I think that helped prepare me for it. I definitely worked up a sweat and I think the hardest part will be doing it everyday. I was confused on whether or not to do my step class as well with it or not and I think I am just going to hold off on the step for the 30 days and maybe get in some more cardio. I'm very excited to get through this! :bigsmile: Good luck to everyone!
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 10. Amazed at the changes I'm feeling. I have so much more energy then I did before. I'm excited to start Level 2 tomorrow. And nervous! But I will NOT QUIT! NOT THIS TIME!!

Keep up the hard work everyone! Feel free to add me. The more the support the better. Let's make 2012 OUR YEAR FOR CHANGE!

yay! i did level2 day1 today, can i add you as a friend? motivation!!!

i dont take any days off...sometimes ill do level one again just bc im in a foul mood. haha.

i was thinking of doing ripped in 30 next.
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)

(I think pretending to punch her is helping)

Funny stuff, that is what I found myself doing too!! I am now on level 2, good luck on the rest of your journey!
    -Lexie
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just bought this DVD and plan to start February 1 to help get ready for my trip to Cuba in March. I am pretty nervous to do it!!

I do Zumba twice a week so I am thinking that maybe I should not do the 30 DS the days before Zumba (otherwise I won't be able to move). Does anyone else take off a day or two so they will be able to stay alive during their other workouts? If I only did 5 days a week would I see as much of a benefit?

Also would I need anything other than weights? I read something in here about a skipping rope, which I don't have.

Hey, I think you should definately give it a go :) nothing to be scared of! As annoying as Jillian can sometimes get in the beginning she is only thinkin gof us ( I hope)

I've done 8 days in a row so far day 9 is tonight and it got so much easier after day 3 to do. You feel like you've worked out but you don't feel like that drained feeling you can get.

AS for the skipping rope its not needed we just skip with a imaginary rope :) Just the weights you need but people substitute them too with other things. Good Luck x
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Thank you :)

(I think pretending to punch her is helping)

Funny stuff, that is what I found myself doing too!! I am now on level 2, good luck on the rest of your journey!
    -Lexie

Hehe I think it helped alot through the first couple of days with me now shes more of my sparing partner LOL
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 10. Amazed at the changes I'm feeling. I have so much more energy then I did before. I'm excited to start Level 2 tomorrow. And nervous! But I will NOT QUIT! NOT THIS TIME!!

Keep up the hard work everyone! Feel free to add me. The more the support the better. Let's make 2012 OUR YEAR FOR CHANGE!

yay! i did level2 day1 today, can i add you as a friend? motivation!!!

i dont take any days off...sometimes ill do level one again just bc im in a foul mood. haha.

i was thinking of doing ripped in 30 next.

OOo I do day 10 tomorro then level 2 . How was it? much of a change Iv done the first 5-10 minutes so the first circuit but stopped after then because I was curious ... getting excited now. :)
    Iv got ripped in 30 to do after havnt looked at it yet ... maybe we could start on the same day??
    Keep going!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options

You don't have to do the shred every day. I believe JM says 5 times a week is the optimum, so you're good to go.

Weights-wise, if you're planning on buying a set make sure they have flat sides - in Level 3 you have to plank while leaning on your weights and it's much easier if they don't try to roll away!

You don't need a skipping rope.
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day and I wasn't sore all day long...until I was going to bed last night. That's when I felt it. Maybe it was because I was at work moving around all day I didn't get a chance to notice it. About to do day 2 in a few minutes. Hopefully the soreness won't hinder me.
  • julia80
    julia80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did it every day and packed it in after Day 3 Level 3. I think doing it every day was too much for me so I am starting again this week and doing it 3 times a week.
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 of level one for me. Last week was my first week of MFP. I weighed in today and I have lost 4 lbs. I can totally see a difference in my abs, well, the fat on top of them is at least starting to go down....my arms are stronger and my legs are slimming down as well. I need to get a tape measure and measure but right now, I'm going on how loose my pants and shirts are getting. My husband can tell a difference as well. Another thing I do is I also do an hour of African dance on the Your Fitness Evolved 2012 workout on Xbox. It is a killer but I feel so so so good after! I wore a HRM yesterday during my 30DS workout and the amount of calories for circuit training is pretty accurate for the amount my HRM said....anyway, good luck to everybody! I start level 2 on Sunday and am actually looking forward to it!
  • lauren0985
    lauren0985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you like 30 day shred you really should try Ripped in 30. It is the next step up and it is AMAZING!
  • cocofae
    Options
    Started last week I've already lost 4 pounds. Yes it hurts..... but you have to stick with it to see results. I am so happy that I've decided to stick with it because as you lose the weight your pains will subside. Keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!