30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just did day 2 level one and it was easier than yesterday....not as sore as I thought I would be but feel great. I also did some Latin dance on the Xbox workout I have after and I feel like I got a great workout from both!
  • jms57
    jms57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been doing level 2 for five days now and I have to say it does get easier! My arms are still shaky afterward but I've lost 7 lbs so far! Its been worth it!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I finished 5 days of level 1 and I definitely notice an improvement in my endurance. I'm able to do more reps than when I started, especially the side lunges with anterior raises. Those are killer for me but they're getting easier.

I did the 30 Day Shred last year and found Level 2 to be harder than Level 3. Anyone else find this?
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yes, I found L2 to be harder than 3....I hate planks (in L2) and still have trouble doing them all the way through, I take short breaks during the planks, but at least I'm doing them at best. I can handle the rest of the routines without stopping but it does take my breath away and I do sweat alot also. I just keep the results "focused" in my head and that helps because the results are great and fast! Good luck to all!!!
  • arozman2
    arozman2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    doing day three later today hopefffullly haha. my legs are so sore i can't walk so im thinking i should take a day off. OR i could just try and do it as best as i can today. we'llll seeee haha. feel free to add me though!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I started last night (1/12/12). :sad:
    Did 18 days of the 30 last summer-- forgot just how quick Jill kick's my butt.
  • EMSNJOEY
    Options
    Today will be day 5 of level one for me. So far so good. Like many others, I am incorporating this into my existing workout routine. My plan for when the 30 days is up is to do it again with a higher dumb bell weight. Good luck everyone!
  • APBTgirl
    Options
    I am on Day 3 level one......My legs are a little sore but I'm also feeling it in my back so I probably need to work on my form a bit...
    so far I am liking it.......like someone else said....as soon as I start to hate it and wanna quit its pretty much over and I feel great

I'm adding in a day of zumba weekly because I just don't feel like I get quite enough cardio in and I love to dance LOL
  • kelli1023
    kelli1023 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i am on day 5 level 1 ... down three pounds since i started
    day one i did about 3 and 1/2 push ups and now i can do atleast 15!
    it only gets easier i promise remember to drink a lot of water during the workout
    oh and sometimes for whatever reason i feel like i do alot better if im not watching them do it and i concentrate on me telling myself to do it

best of luck!
  • Bdosen047
    Bdosen047 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well my 30 day shred came in the mail today so that means tomorrow is the big day to start!!! I am excited but nervous!
  • ZCEmama
    ZCEmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round of it. I did my first round in October and loved the results, I went down a jean size. I'm on L1D3 tonight. I'm hoping to get the same results again this time.
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow its really motivation me reading all your comments and success's with our lovely Jillian (lol)

I've just done L1 Day 5 ... not sweating as much as the first few days does that mean Im not pushing? Or am I stepping it up getting ready for L2 in 5 days? I havn't seen any weight loss even though my boyfriend says I do look as if I have around the stomach. Does it happen more in Level 2? Am I hoping for too much?

I got offered a lift into work today and I actually turned it down !! I really wanted to walk the 45-60 mins its takes at 7am .. even though it was Friday and Im normally shattered by now and crawl into work I felt stronger and really enjoyed it :)

I hope you are ALL doing great and havn't given in ... keep strong xxxxx :flowerforyou:
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 2 of level 1, feeling the pain but hopefully will get easier as my muscles get used to working!!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D4 today, and.....while me knees aren't hurting quite so much, and this is a good thing....I'm almost finding it.....easy?

Well, easy isn't *quite* the word - my endurance has improved greatly, though there's still a couple of cardio sections where I miss maybe three or four reps right at the end.

But I don't feel as 'worked out' at the end as I have with some other workouts. :-/

Now, perhaps this is just a factor of the length - 20 minutes really isn't very long. But it almost doesn't feel like there's enough of the strength moves, either. I mean, I can actually do the pushups and I'm not dying by the end (not on my toes, but I haven't been able to do full-out pushups since third grade, you know?). The ab work seems.....puny, almost.

I guess I'm just concerned that I won't actually see any change in my body. I took pics today (second set, first set was in November when I started this journey), and I don't see any difference...and I've lost 7 pounds and I thought I'd lost a bunch of inches. But when I measured again today, some measurements were actually *up* - and yet some were down, so I didn't totally screw up my measuring, but yet the measurements were totally screwy. (This is the third measure - the second set were all down, some significantly. It's so demoralizing to see them go up for no discernible reason.) :sad:

Has anyone *gained* inches doing the shred?

I'm almost looking forward to level 2, if it's harder. As long as it doesn't kill my knees, bring it on, you know? I'm doing this for results, not for laughs. :grumble:
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow its really motivation me reading all your comments and success's with our lovely Jillian (lol)

I've just done L1 Day 5 ... not sweating as much as the first few days does that mean Im not pushing? Or am I stepping it up getting ready for L2 in 5 days? I havn't seen any weight loss even though my boyfriend says I do look as if I have around the stomach. Does it happen more in Level 2? Am I hoping for too much?

I got offered a lift into work today and I actually turned it down !! I really wanted to walk the 45-60 mins its takes at 7am .. even though it was Friday and Im normally shattered by now and crawl into work I felt stronger and really enjoyed it :)

I hope you are ALL doing great and havn't given in ... keep strong xxxxx :flowerforyou:

I don't think it's a bad thing not to sweat, I think you're just increasing your endurance level. I really sweat during the ab workout during circuit 3, but it's a great feeling when you realize there are muscles under there! lol
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    don't forget to measure your waist hips and thighs in the early stages of your 30DS. Many of us who did 30DS didn't lose a lot of weight but many inches. That just shows you're building muscle and losing fat. I'm ALMOST done with the 30 days and my body has changed a lot.Fat upper arms: gone, big thighs and big bum: gone. Can even see my abs and the baby pouch from 25 years ago is much smaller. Just amazing. Will start another JM workout next week (buns and thighs maybe)
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to start the 30DS again... I even loaded it into the DVD player the other day... but we recently moved and I've misplaced the remote and I can't seem to select the correct option directly from the DVD player... you guys have inspired me to attempt to find my remote....
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just did D2L1 and I feel great! I don't sweat that much but I am all sticky though. Yesterday I was worried that I wasn't feeling any pain; I woke up however with pains in my upper part of the body and I was pleased, because I knew I worked well.

Today I struggled at the end with the abs and the legs at 90 degrees, but seeing my rolls of fat wobbling I pushed myself even harder.

Good luck to all of you with it! I am already looking forward to day 3.
  • drgirlfriend0
    Options
    I couldn't handle it. I did 6 days of round 1 and then went to round two. I did l2 about twice and then sent it back to Netflix.
    The hardest workout ever. Insanity.
  • banananisme
    banananisme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm on L2D3, and like like some of you, on level one I tried to see/get through level two and struggled. But I got past the first circuit and everything goes fine now ^^ Don't quit it's worth it :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!