30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm on L2D3, and like like some of you, on level one I tried to see/get through level two and struggled. But I got past the first circuit and everything goes fine now ^^ Don't quit it's worth it :-)

Oohh thank you thats really great to hear :) xx Hope you get the results your after x
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 8 of Level 1 for me. I def did not want to work out today. But, I did. And it felt great to get it in. I'm excited (and nervous) to start Level 2. I've lost 2.4 pounds already with this DVD. I can't wait to see what the rest of it will bring.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!
  • mellygates22
    Options
    managed day 6 of level 1 today. I had a day off yesterday so felt good to get back into it today
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    tonight will be day 5 for me! it looks so easy but it's definitely not. i really suck at the push ups and by the end when you do the last jump rope, my calves are throbbing!!
    normally i wouldn't work out so many days in a row if i was experiencing pain but it's not a throbbing pain, more of a 'burn pain' - so i trust that jillian knows what she's doing with all of us :)
    GOOD LUCK, stick with it!!! i will too!
  • Mi2sc
    Mi2sc Posts: 29
    Options
    I couldn't find the remote either...so I used my laptop...it was pretty sad...but I did it. Day 2 here I come...
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS on 1/9/12 and I just so happened to have completed my 5th day right before I saw this post. It's still hard for me but it has gotten a little easier. My biggest problem is the push-ups (really weak in the upper body) and the lunges (balance issues), but I'm going to stay with it. If it takes me 30 days just to master level 1, then that's what I'll do. I'm choosing not to move into level 2 until I can do the full 20 minutes with relatively no issues. Then I'll move on from there.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Well I found the remote yesterday after work... it was in a box that I've looked in 3 other times...
    So I started the 30DS... and it was just as painful as I remember. I have a heck of a time with the pushups and the side lunge/arm lifts. I'm fine with the lunge... its the arm lifts that get me. I woke up tonight (I work 3rd shift) and I wasn't really all that sore. I think my 10 days at the gym before starting this has helped. Hopefully I can stick with it for 30 days this time...
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bump...so much to say but no time tonight. :)
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did day 5, level 1 today. I love how excited I am each day to do the video! I am so excited to get through to day 10! Though I must say I am not enjoying the bicyle crunches, I can't seem to get the coordination down so its just a solid minutes of me on the floor flopping like a fish.
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I did day 5, level 1 today. I love how excited I am each day to do the video! I am so excited to get through to day 10! Though I must say I am not enjoying the bicyle crunches, I can't seem to get the coordination down so its just a solid minutes of me on the floor flopping like a fish.

lollll proper made me laugh! That is so mee for the last few mins so i normal do a mixture of other ab type crunch flapping thingd lol xx
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options

That indeed made me laugh. I have the same problem with that part at the end ...

I also struggle with pushups ... I just did D3L1 and I still can't do more than 2 pushups properly ... but I will keep pushing myself.

Anyone else having problems with breath coordination?
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I did L1D3 today, he reckons it was the hardest day, I'm finding the abs ok, and the stength and cardio hard

I look forward to it each day, hate it while doing it then am so glad once its finished!
  • blondeboms
    blondeboms Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Day 10 level 1 for me today! Im not sure if i can move up to level 2 tomorrow but i'm going to try it. I can't do a push up to save my life! I find the first circuit the hardest, and those anterior raises kill me. Really enjoying it though, can't wait to see the final result.
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    I just did Day 7 of Level 1 - it was meant to be day 9 but I had a couple near all-nighters for work last week and had to leave it out a couple of days. It's definitely getting easier, although I still have to do the modified pushup!. Today I watched Level 2 to see what it was like, and holy cow that looks really intense! Hopefully it will bring results though!

I am already losing inches for sure (haven't measured, but yesterday my trousers nearly fell down to my knees when i was walking along so that's a good sign)!

Is it as good as a longer, super intense regime like insanity or P90x? - probably not, but with my very strict time availability, it's fabulous and I think I will definitely have results! Keep it up everyone, we can do this!!! Great to hear that I'm not along in struggling through the shred!
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    P90x was SO HARD!!!! I had to give it to my husband... Not that he needs to lose weight (so annoying lol) 30 day shred much better! After reading these posts I'm going to do it right now :) usually take off on Sundays but I'll get it over with and will be happy I did... Once it's over :) Happy Sunday everyone :)
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have done maybe 4 or 5 days of level one till I got bored with it, now I'm on level 2 and have done like 2 or 3 days of it and i like it better but also i find it somewhat easier than level 1 in some aspects. i'm doing another program too on top of 30DS and I take off Sat and Sundays off of the 30DS and I follow the chart for the other one, but Sometimes the chart has you working out for 7 days in a row so i'm thinking of doubling up on Saturdays if I have a workout on Sunday, Sundays are my usual days off :)

Good luck I know that you can do it!!!
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    D3L3 Don't do it everyday of the week, but probably 5 and it is a great workout! Keep it up she is worth all the hard work. Love how quick the workout is. Thinking of doing Ripped in 30 next. Have about 7 of her videos that I plan on getting through in 2012.

I did the 30 Day Shred in October and really liked it, lost about 10 pounds and several inches (2 of them from my waist :). I am doing Ripped in 30 now and so far so good; I just finished with week one and will start week 2 tomorrow. I'm with you, I love getting cardio and strength in 24 minutes :)
  • LorahJo
    Options
    D3L3 Don't do it everyday of the week, but probably 5 and it is a great workout! Keep it up she is worth all the hard work. Love how quick the workout is. Thinking of doing Ripped in 30 next. Have about 7 of her videos that I plan on getting through in 2012.

I did the 30 Day Shred in October and really liked it, lost about 10 pounds and several inches (2 of them from my waist :). I am doing Ripped in 30 now and so far so good; I just finished with week one and will start week 2 tomorrow. I'm with you, I love getting cardio and strength in 24 minutes :)

im on day 8 of level 2 nxt wen im done iv got the ripped in 30 too .. :) i know iv only done it for one week but part of me doesnt want it to stop x
  • missyont
    Options
    So me and my sister are both doing this. I have done it about 7 times in a two week period but will be going every day from now on...Was busy moving etc...It does get easier and that is what I find the most exciting about this workout is actually feeling and knowing that you are becoming healthy and strong...Dying after a few pushups the first time and continuously adding more...Level 1 is fairly easy for me now EXCEPT those freaking side lunges with shoulder raise...they still KILL me...i literally grunt LOL...BUT I am going to do 1-2 more days of level 1 then on to level 2
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    For those who have done Ripped in 30, how does it compare to the 30 Day Shred? Is it more difficult or just different?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!