30 Day Shred ... (:

Options
LorahJo
LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
Good Afternoon / Night people!

I started the 30 DS on Monday just gone ... after reading and looking at everyones success stories. I was so amazed at the progress people made on this! And woah can I just say she does kick your butt!! ... for some reason afterwards I think Hmm I could do that again but during I do find myself on the 3rd round aiming my squat punches at her face on my huge TV hehe!! and she makes me sweat! never thought 20 mins could really feel that good!

I was nervous doing todays (Day 3) because when reading I could see most people say this is the make or break day ... I hope now I have broke it and carry on tomorrow ( I actually can't wait ...yay me! )
On Day One I found myself only being able to do 2 push ups without thinking wtf ... how unfit am I my upper body strength is just none existant ... now Day Three I pushed out 10 before I even felt like I did on Day One and even pushed myself to do more without pausing :) Wooo!

The next day I must admit my legs ache however I do have to walk 45 mins to work each day and its not a nice walk so this couild be adding to the pains. I'm actually for the first time understanding the saying No Pain No Gain.

Has anyone else started this and are at the same point as me or a few days ahead? I keep going back through all the before and afters and just can't wait to see the results :) it's like Xmas all over with my 30 DS Advent calender hehe

x

Replies

• princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You are doing great - I finally got through 10 days of level 1 ( not consecutive ). The first few days, I could not even get through the jumping jacks in the warm up. I started level 2 this week and am finding it a little easier. Love your comment about punching the tv. Hang in there - finish strong!:bigsmile:
  • KDWS
    KDWS Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    On Day One I found myself only being able to do 2 push ups without thinking wtf ... how unfit am I my upper body strength is just none existant .

THIS IS SO ME! I am going to order off ebay I have a couple bids in and then I will get started!
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred... I'm on Level 2 - Day 3. It's not easy, but it does get easier! Hang in there : ) I write a review of each day on my blog! Feel free to check it out: http://my-body-is-beautiful.blogspot.com/p/30-day-shred.html .. &If you wanna motivate each other, feel free to add me. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 and I know what you mean..I am very heavy almost 300lbs..and thought to myself there is no way..I had tried it before and couldnt not even began to do the workout..just got through the warm up lol..3 months later here I am on day 7..keep up the good work its hard..very hard but worth it..especially when you see all the posts with excellent results..
  • sidneycat9
    Options
    i just picked this up today, starting tomorrow - yipes!!!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of the shred but I am doing Monday Weds and Friday. I did itonce all the way through and it was great! Have Fun!!!
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Thank you :)

(I think pretending to punch her is helping)

I was wondering whether or not to take a break of a day between each level , seeing as I've only just done Day 3 I think I'll see how I feel.

Hope you keep up with it too! x
  • lsprik
    lsprik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday, too!! My goal is to do the 30 Day shred in 30 DAYS, no skipping a day. I'm hoping to see a difference in my strength (tone up a bit) and of course, weight loss. Good luck!:smile:
  • LorahJo
    Options
    On Day One I found myself only being able to do 2 push ups without thinking wtf ... how unfit am I my upper body strength is just none existant .

THIS IS SO ME! I am going to order off ebay I have a couple bids in and then I will get started!

LOL I couldn't believe it but honest it does get alot easier .. be prepared to sweat though :)
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Today was day 5 for me on 30 DS. The 3rd day was def hard. But today it was a lot easier and I can do so much more then I could on day 1. Still kicks my butt, but I can feel myself getting stronger and being able to do things longer then before. I don't plan on skipping a day. Plan to do 10 days on each level. I kinda of want to skip to level 2 tomorrow, but think I will wait 5 more days.
    Keep up the great work! Feel free to add me. We can keep encouraging each other!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Did it in August but didn't get all the way through, only because I completely stopped working out. Like a dork, so here I am trying to lose all the pounds Jillian helped me lose again.

I'm going to start again but not until it gets cold. When the Weather is nice in Michigan in January, ya gotta take advantage it, so I've been walking/jogging.

But I never felt as in shape as I did doing the 30 day shred. I felt so strong, like I could do anything!
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I will be doing day 3 tonight! Although I am having hard time with it, but I will get there!
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Today was day 3 for me as well and I really find myself hating Jillian more and more. Her comment "you don't get these abs for free people" just rubs me the wrong way so I turn up the music and drown her out. I'm still a little sore but hoping that goes away soon. Hang in there, you're doing great!
  • choccay
    choccay Posts: 32
    Options
    Doing day 6 today. It does get easier! Nervous/excited/keen for level 2!
  • vtempes
    vtempes Posts: 47
    Options
    I just finished Phase One (10 days consecutive)...and definately noticed an improvement in my endurance! On to Phase two tomorrow!
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing Jillian Michaels (except her cardio) a few weeks ago and I feel like I'm losing my tone. I have to say she is awesome. Best of luck to you!
  • Cacwells
    Cacwells Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have just started Jillian again, tomorrow is day 3. I have done it many times over the last few years and although I agree I want to kick her it really is great for people with a small amount of time...beats "hours of phoning it in at the gym"...hahhaa Glad to see there are so many others doing it... I will be popping in for motivation :)
  • katie_godsey
    Options
    I did Day 2 today. I love the video! I know what you mean about the "you don't get these abs for free" comment! Heck, I'd gladly pay money for them! :) My legs ache like crazy, but I feel so great when I'm done! :bigsmile:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    im purchasing 30 day shred on payday (this friday) and seeing everyone talk about it has me so very very excited :)
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 and finally I feel okay with it. Push ups are my weakness. Just pushing trough :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!