30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've done it 5 times over two weeks, now stepped it up with 3 days consecutive and rested today, but ready to get back on to it tomorrow. I tried level 2 last week and although I got through it, I'm definitely not ready for that. I'm thinking of doing about 30 level 1's before moving up to level 2.
    I'm amazed at the difference it is making already though.doing the square is giving me definition around my hips which is wonderful.
    I really like how it fits together, doing butt kicks after squat punches for example really stretches out your thighs which is good.
    Good luck everyone. Oh, for this in the UK, it's currently £4.99 on play.
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am up to Day 12 and I am loving it. The first 10 days were easy compared to level 2.. SO worth it. I am 1.5kg & 1.1% body fat down!

With Level 2 is it a huggggge difference ??
    Level 2 is quite a bit tougher than L1. In fact, I think L1-L2 is a bigger step-up than L2-L3, but everyone is different. Gives you something to look forward to. :smile:

i actually cant wait ... after level 1 today i tried the first circuit of level 2 to chrck it out nearly fell on my face haha .. think ill finish the nxt 6 days then go up xx
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Ugh! Starting Level 2 today, I'm so nervous!!! But I pushed through the first few days of Level 1 so bring it on!!!

wish you all the best xx
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I did L1D2 this morning, and the ache isn't too bad. It's a good kind of ache, you know? Means you did something. :-)

I just kept getting up at work and walking around, even when I didn't have to - just to keep the stiffness away.

My biggest problem right now is my knees - doing the video didn't *do* this to my knees, but I'm beginning to think I have a real problem with them anyway. I iced them well this morning, and they still ache a bit. I'm concerned that if I didn't ice them, I literally wouldn't be able to walk. I'm not even terribly overweight, so it's not that - it must be something internal/mechanical.

Does anyone else have serious knee issues doing the shred?

I know it's not my form - I'm extra-careful about that, and I've also had personal training, so I do know how to do the moves properly. The butt-kicks, especially, are nearly impossible with my knees - something about that angular force coming down just *kills* them. I was just jogging in place during those this morning, instead.

I've ordered some bands for 'jumper's knee' - wondering if anyone else has used them, and whether they might help.

I find the butt kicks and the push ups super hard... I did Day 3 Level 1 last night and I had to stop half way through. The push ups actually KILL my knees. I can't do the reguarl push ups so I am doing them from the knees but I no longer can. Its like stabbing pain under my knee cap (even though I do it on a soft yoga mat).... Any suggestions as to how I can modify a little more or what I can do during pushups? I dont wanna quit

iv heard some people mention push ups against a wall im not quite sure ehat or how it involves xx
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I just did my day 1 level 1 yesterday. Its like WTF ... how out of shape AM I!
    Since when did jumping jacks get so exhausting.
    I plan on stacking them after i finish level one and doing them consecutively.
    I like her reminder that for a 20 minute workout to work ... you really have to give it your all ... besides its only 20 minutes right? :)

i was also thinking about carrying on with the J-jacks after the shred ... they are something u can do pretty much everywhere :)
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm on day 6 of my second round of the shred. I'm doing levels 1&2 back to back right now. Then I'll do level 2 two times back to back, and then I'll do levels 2&3 back to back for my final stretch. I love... I mean hate... I mean love Jillian!
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ITS A LOVE AND HATE KINDA RELATIONSIP WITH JILLIAN! HAHAHA..I CUSS ALOT AT HER WHEN SHE TALKS ..ITS A TUFF WORKOUT BUT SOME HOW WE ALL SEEM TO MAKE IT- THRU IT..JUST GOTTA THINK OF THE POSTIVE THINGS THAT WILL COME OUT OF IT :) IM ON DAY 5 AND IM STILL HAVING TROUBLES DOIN ALL THE PUSHUPS AND SOMETIMES TAKE A FEW SECONDS OF REST WHEN WE DOING JUMPROPE..
  • kswift85
    kswift85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started it onn monday and did day 4 this morning...i can tell im getting stronger as i progress...just amazing! Can't wait for the final results.
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi...Today is Day 3 for me, and I don't do it consecutively, so it will take longer than 30 days to get through it, but I'm okay with that. Day 1 was extremely hard since I haven't worked out like that in a few months (I tried out a bootcamp style fitness class in October), but I felt great afterwards. Not so much the next day because I was sore! lol On Day 2 I felt my energy level increase, and although I sweat a lot, I didn't feel exhausted. I took a before picture, mainly of my stomach, and I am hoping to see a difference on Day 30.

Sending you a friend request to keep you motivated. :)
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keepwithit
    Options
    I am on day 5 and I decided to try level 2 today and wow it kicked my *kitten*!! love it though and definitley seeing it completley through! its only 20 min so i put dinner on and get at it! add me as friends and we can go through the 30ds together!!
  • momof4boys03
    momof4boys03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 8 of level 1 and am doing the 30 days in 30 days.I can get through the workout without stopping really, and am very proud of myself.I can also do about 20 pushups where before it was hard just to do 3 in a row!Good job everyone and lets keep eachother motivated with words of encouragement!
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    im on day 7 of level one. i dont take a day off, i dont plan too...and yes im in tons of pain. I feel like it's worth it. :) It still hurts in my legs everyday.
  • Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done.

I've got this but I don't really use it. I tried twice but the jumping jacks had me. My sports bra is rubbish and doesn't hold. I'm one of those who does jumps while holding onto my boobs lol.

Going to restart that when I can :)
  • ziggle_7
    ziggle_7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of 30DS and I admit its gotten better and i can't believe the little muscles that are forming in my arms that used to be non existent! I definately wanna punch her in the head somedays too lol but she definately helps whip you into shape. I still have a bit of trouble with a couple of the exercizes but i've definately gotten alot better.

On day 1 I had to stop multiple times and omg... after the work out i was EXHAUSTED. I went to bed after and pretty much fell asleep instantly ( usually takes me like 30 mins -an hour to fall asleep). Also i was Super sore fore like the first 3 days. I admit my quads are still a bit sore but honestly i'm getting used to it lol and it not nearly as bad as it used to be.

The workouts are hard but they sure do whip you iinto shape! great job and good luck with the rest!
  • arogers98
    arogers98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started Monday also! Skipped Tues so I did D3L1 today. Able to get thru the whole workout but definitely not a cake walk. Wondering if best case scenario if we are supposed to do 10 days at each level since it is a 30 day program? Scared to weigh myself tomorrow as a lot of people say they don't lose much weight but inches come off. I still like to see the scale numbers come down. :-)
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 2 day 5 of the shred today. I swear to god Jillian has CHANGED MY LIFE in a little over 2 weeks!!! It is insane the results I'm getting with a 1450 cal diet, the shred, and her 6week6pack dvd. I've never dieted or exercised before and I've always been "skinny fat" with zero muscle tone. Well, after I had my son in February my body was worse than ever and I just looked like flabby CRAP. Super flabby belly and flabby arms with chicken legs with absolutely no muscle. Now I have the best body of my life in 2 freakin weeks since I started. It's unbelievable, really. I do the shred daily and 6w6p 4-5 times/week. I plan on going through all of Jillian's DVDs. She is a miracle worker.
  • motherofall6
    Options
    just did day 2 :ohwell:
  • arogers98
    arogers98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started Monday also! Skipped Tues so I did D3L1 today. Able to get thru the whole workout but definitely not a cake walk. Wondering if best case scenario if we are supposed to do 10 days at each level since it is a 30 day program? Scared to weigh myself tomorrow as a lot of people say they don't lose much weight but inches come off. I still like to see the scale numbers come down. :-)
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 ds on Dec 27 and was doing it every other day. The first time I was so out of breath I felt like I was dying and had to stop and take a lot of breaks and almost didn't finish.
    The second time I made it through but felt the same way and the 3rd time while I was doing one of the moves I hurt my back and had to stop midway through.
    My fiance who was watching me do it asked why I was rushing through the moves and said to slow it down and pay attention to my form he said your trying to go too fast. I had to stop for a while because of my back and to help my mom.
    I just started again today so I guess its like I am on day 1 but actually I am on day 4. It was actually easier today. I was able to do girl pushups 13 reps each time and I didn't hurt myself. I was out of breath only once this time. When I got to the part that I had hurt my back on before I didn't use the weights and it helped. I will do it again on sat and let you know how it goes. I am going to try for every other day unless something unexpected comes up. I took my measurements when I started and I took some pictures that I will post at the end. I am going to retake my measurements on the 26th and will post them on my blog..where the other measurements are.. Friend me if you want and we can try to do this together..good luck to everyone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!