30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• SoBreezyy
    Options
    I'm on day 3 as well! About to go do it in a few minutes. I am sooooo sore I can barely stand up straight, between my abs and the tops of my thighs hurting haha. Way to go..lets keep it up!
  • nurseymanda
    nurseymanda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started it today, and it was tough, but I definitely feel it!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did L1D2 this morning, and the ache isn't too bad. It's a good kind of ache, you know? Means you did something. :-)

I just kept getting up at work and walking around, even when I didn't have to - just to keep the stiffness away.

My biggest problem right now is my knees - doing the video didn't *do* this to my knees, but I'm beginning to think I have a real problem with them anyway. I iced them well this morning, and they still ache a bit. I'm concerned that if I didn't ice them, I literally wouldn't be able to walk. I'm not even terribly overweight, so it's not that - it must be something internal/mechanical.

Does anyone else have serious knee issues doing the shred?

I know it's not my form - I'm extra-careful about that, and I've also had personal training, so I do know how to do the moves properly. The butt-kicks, especially, are nearly impossible with my knees - something about that angular force coming down just *kills* them. I was just jogging in place during those this morning, instead.

I've ordered some bands for 'jumper's knee' - wondering if anyone else has used them, and whether they might help.
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of level 1. Today I just felt exhausted after being out all day and decided to take a break. Every other day I was excited to do them, and know that I'll be back to it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to level 2.

Ven
  • kellsma
    kellsma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I too have serious knee issues. Did day 1 today level 1 and I could not get through all the jumping jacks or jump rope only because it hurt my knee so when it hurt I just marched in place. Gonna keep trying it along with my other workouts
  • brinak2005
    brinak2005 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 3 of Level 1 tonight. I was able to keep pace better today, but towards the end I wanted to quit so bad but I pushed myself to finish and I am sooo glad that I did. My legs are sore but it actually felt great to work them tonight. I was able to do more push-ups today too. I already feel better since starting on Monday, I almost feel like I'm in someone else's body..lol.
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 8. I hate level 2, but the inches keep coming off, so I endure. I've also been having knee issues, so I substitute cardio that doesn't hurt my knees and it's still been working for me. As long as you keep up the intensity, it should be fine. Good luck to you all!
  • mellygates22
    Options
    Ive been watching and doing it from you tube, I hope they are the same as the DVDs, I did day 4 today. I did it last night, but today in the morning, I figure Ill get more from doing it in the morning.

My legs BURNED the first two days, sitting down and getting up was sooo hard. I have continued each day and Im surprised my legs arent hurting at all today. I feel so strong after completing it!

Oh I cant do pushups, I have no upper body strength, so Im doing wall presses. One day I hope to be strong enough to complete a proper pushup! :embarassed:
  • bearwithme041
    Options
    I finished Day 10 of Level 1 today! Looking forward to Level 2!

BearWithMe, 30 Day Shred is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels of Biggest Loser fame. It has 3 levels and you do each level for 10 days. 3 circuits in each level. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute of abs.
  • bearwithme041
    Options
    Okay that worked well lol...still trying to learn the ropes :laugh: thank you for the info will have to look it up
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    Doing day 5 today, loving it! I have to say that I find the first circuit of strength in level 1 the hardest everytime! After warm up, straight in to push ups haha....

Me too!!! I just finished Day 10! It does get easier...except strength in circuit 1!! I'm ok with the push ups, but the squat and presses kill my arms! Its so funny because I am pumped to do another consecutive day and as soon as the warm up is over and I get on the floor to do my pushups I'm like "Crap what did i get myself into?!?!?" i feel great though! i have already lost 3 pounds and an inch around my waist. Today i noticed I have considerably less back fat as well!

p.s. I pretend to punch her in the face too! I hate her, but i love what she is doing to my body!
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred... I'm on Level 2 - Day 3. It's not easy, but it does get easier! Hang in there : ) I write a review of each day on my blog! Feel free to check it out: http://my-body-is-beautiful.blogspot.com/p/30-day-shred.html .. &If you wanna motivate each other, feel free to add me. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:

I let Level 2 carry on playing while I was doing a few extra stretches my legs were really feeling stiff ... I saw something I can only describe as walking pushup on your hands? looks tough Im scared I pressed stop after that and pretended I didnt see it.
    I guess I will find out what its like in 6 days hehe

Your a whole level infront I think your motivation could really help thank you :)
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I am on day 2 of the shred but I am doing Monday Weds and Friday. I did itonce all the way through and it was great! Have Fun!!!

I feel like Im addicted to it at the moment and I've only done three days!!

How often do you personally do the 30DS ... I'm worried I'll finish the 30DS carry on with my normal workouts and go back down hill :(
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm starting level 2 today, bit apprehensive though as I was with the first level. I still can't seem to do the push ups, obviously don't have the upper body strength...not even following the easier version. I've replaced them with sit up's at the moment until I gain a little more strength.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    How often do you personally do the 30DS ... I'm worried I'll finish the 30DS carry on with my normal workouts and go back down hill :(
    Once you've finished the shred there are plenty of other JM DVDs to keep you busy. I graduated to 6 week 6 pack and I'm really enjoying it. Well, as much as you can enjoy getting your butt kicked by JM anyway! :laugh:

Or you could just do another round of the shred!
  • trishdg10
    trishdg10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is 30 day shred and would it be appropriate for a 63 yr old woman in reasonable shape but with disc issues?
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    The shred is a 30-day program, split into 3 levels which are progressively more difficult. The idea is that you start on level 1, do that workout 10 times and then, if you feel ready, move up to level 2. Lather, rinse, repeat. Each workout takes less than 30 minutes. The workouts all follow the 3-2-1 system. You do a warmup followed by 3 circuits; each circuit consists of 3 mins strength; 2 mins cardio; 1 min abs. There's a cool down to finish. You will sweat bucketloads!

ETA, only equipment needed is a set of hand weights, but you can substitute bottles of water, cans of soup etc

I think you can find level 1 on youtube if you want to see if it's for you. :)
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred... I'm on Level 2 - Day 3. It's not easy, but it does get easier! Hang in there : ) I write a review of each day on my blog! Feel free to check it out: http://my-body-is-beautiful.blogspot.com/p/30-day-shred.html .. &If you wanna motivate each other, feel free to add me. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:

I let Level 2 carry on playing while I was doing a few extra stretches my legs were really feeling stiff ... I saw something I can only describe as walking pushup on your hands? looks tough Im scared I pressed stop after that and pretended I didnt see it.
    I guess I will find out what its like in 6 days hehe

Your a whole level infront I think your motivation could really help thank you :)

*LOL* I fell when I tried the walking push ups the very first time. I'm doing day 24 today and am so much stronger and fitter. I can do any level or two one after the other. Yes, I'm sweating but I don't need breaks any more.
    My weight loss since I started on Dec 19th is just under 8 pounds. Mind you, I am only 14 pounds from goal and doing 30DS really builds up muscles, which makes you gain (muscle)-weight. I have lost a total of 10 inches (measured hips and waist only). The daily routine has lifted my mood and helped me with staying quit (smoked the last one Nov 9th).
    So hang in there, pull through, you will be glad you've done it:flowerforyou:
    I can also recommend Jillians "Banish fat boost metabolism", This makes you really sweat:laugh:
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    What is 30 day shred and would it be appropriate for a 63 yr old woman in reasonable shape but with disc issues?

I am 53 and used to have issues with both knees. 30 DS really strengthens your whole body. My knees are fine now, much stronger, my upper and lower back are really strong now. In so far I think it has nothing to do with age. Do it slowly and don't rush it. But you HAVE TO CHECK with your doctor first. Only he/she knows if you can do circuit training/callisthenics.
    What I like about 30DS is that there are always more moderate versions of one exercise (beginners and advanced).
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Today was day 5 for me on 30 DS. The 3rd day was def hard. But today it was a lot easier and I can do so much more then I could on day 1. Still kicks my butt, but I can feel myself getting stronger and being able to do things longer then before. I don't plan on skipping a day. Plan to do 10 days on each level. I kinda of want to skip to level 2 tomorrow, but think I will wait 5 more days.
    Keep up the great work! Feel free to add me. We can keep encouraging each other!

I just can't believe the difference a few days make ... makes me wonder if your endurance can go up this quick imagine how fast it could fall

Sure I'll add you now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!