30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Did it in August but didn't get all the way through, only because I completely stopped working out. Like a dork, so here I am trying to lose all the pounds Jillian helped me lose again.

I'm going to start again but not until it gets cold. When the Weather is nice in Michigan in January, ya gotta take advantage it, so I've been walking/jogging.

But I never felt as in shape as I did doing the 30 day shred. I felt so strong, like I could do anything!

:) I really hope you suceed and get to do it again ! I'm in the UK and its always cold here LOL

~I cant get over how much stronger and taller (yes taler strange huh?)

Good Luck xx
  • Xansmum
    Xansmum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right - You guys have motivated me to get back on the 30 day shred! I started it last year, but stopped when I developed a frozen shoulder. Might have to make a few modifications though as can't get my hands right above my head orbehind back at the moment, but anything is better than nothing!! Got to level 2 last time, but think I will need to start with level one again, as have let myself get very lazy!!
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred... I'm on Level 2 - Day 3. It's not easy, but it does get easier! Hang in there : ) I write a review of each day on my blog! Feel free to check it out: http://my-body-is-beautiful.blogspot.com/p/30-day-shred.html .. &If you wanna motivate each other, feel free to add me. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:

I let Level 2 carry on playing while I was doing a few extra stretches my legs were really feeling stiff ... I saw something I can only describe as walking pushup on your hands? looks tough Im scared I pressed stop after that and pretended I didnt see it.
    I guess I will find out what its like in 6 days hehe

Your a whole level infront I think your motivation could really help thank you :)

*LOL* I fell when I tried the walking push ups the very first time. I'm doing day 24 today and am so much stronger and fitter. I can do any level or two one after the other. Yes, I'm sweating but I don't need breaks any more.
    My weight loss since I started on Dec 19th is just under 8 pounds. Mind you, I am only 14 pounds from goal and doing 30DS really builds up muscles, which makes you gain (muscle)-weight. I have lost a total of 10 inches (measured hips and waist only). The daily routine has lifted my mood and helped me with staying quit (smoked the last one Nov 9th).
    So hang in there, pull through, you will be glad you've done it:flowerforyou:
    I can also recommend Jillians "Banish fat boost metabolism", This makes you really sweat:laugh:

LOL Im not looking forward to it but Hey got to be done :) congrats on making it too day 24 :) wow i sometime think ill try do 2 of the level 1's after each other but i wont strain myself early on hope i manage to keep it up as good as you.

On the smoking note I gave up 24th January 2011 (partly why I gained weight - even though I was big to start with)
    But it does truley get easier Im not going to lie though after a big meal (eg Christmas) I sooo fancied smoking one but after a few minutes the cravings pass and you feel stupid for thinking that.

Keep up the good work :) xx
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I will be doing day 3 tonight! Although I am having hard time with it, but I will get there!

Keep pushing and don't give up :) the morning after Day 3 ( now) the aching is barely noticable ... unless I squat to say sit on the toilet or sit down LOL but it's no way near what the first Two days felt like :) x
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Today was day 3 for me as well and I really find myself hating Jillian more and more. Her comment "you don't get these abs for free people" just rubs me the wrong way so I turn up the music and drown her out. I'm still a little sore but hoping that goes away soon. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Maybe this is why people say Day 3 is make or break -it's not the exercise it's Jillian Bless her LOL !!
    Oh and the comment ... boy I wish I had abs like these .... Hello??? you do??

I might try the music Idea Thanks xx
  • tdots1andonly
    tdots1andonly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What all is included in teh 30 day shred? I found the dvd's online and am downloading - don't ask me how - should be. HEHE. But anyway. I can't afford to buy it but I got the videos and right now I do have 2 ound dumbells and will be getting 5 - 8 lb dumbells in a few weeks.
  • LorahJo
    Options
    How often do you personally do the 30DS ... I'm worried I'll finish the 30DS carry on with my normal workouts and go back down hill :(
    Once you've finished the shred there are plenty of other JM DVDs to keep you busy. I graduated to 6 week 6 pack and I'm really enjoying it. Well, as much as you can enjoy getting your butt kicked by JM anyway! :laugh:

Or you could just do another round of the shred!

I've ordered the Ripped DVD and that should arrive by the time the shred is done .... would you suggest I take a few days break in between to rest my muscles? I;ve heard alot of people have been advised to break even in the 30 days but I just don't want to stop ... and getting to see my Doctor is a 3 week wait LOL

The 6 pack 6 week .... would thats still help larger women or is it only aimed for the people who want to tone more ?

I am liking the shred though .. can't stop talking about it ,, my work collegues are getting bored LOL :laugh:
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ok - i've never heard of this till getting on this site.. for a while I had no idea what 30DS was.. no I know and Im totally going out to get this. Sound like a wonderful painful experience..haha.. so, why not. always good to have more options at home.

thanks to everyone
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I just finished Phase One (10 days consecutive)...and definately noticed an improvement in my endurance! On to Phase two tomorrow!

:) Im excited for yu and can't wait until Im there too ! :)
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I stopped doing Jillian Michaels (except her cardio) a few weeks ago and I feel like I'm losing my tone. I have to say she is awesome. Best of luck to you!

Thats what I'm worried about :( and thank you ! x
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    How often do you personally do the 30DS ... I'm worried I'll finish the 30DS carry on with my normal workouts and go back down hill :(
    Once you've finished the shred there are plenty of other JM DVDs to keep you busy. I graduated to 6 week 6 pack and I'm really enjoying it. Well, as much as you can enjoy getting your butt kicked by JM anyway! :laugh:

Or you could just do another round of the shred!

I've ordered the Ripped DVD and that should arrive by the time the shred is done .... would you suggest I take a few days break in between to rest my muscles? I;ve heard alot of people have been advised to break even in the 30 days but I just don't want to stop ... and getting to see my Doctor is a 3 week wait LOL

The 6 pack 6 week .... would thats still help larger women or is it only aimed for the people who want to tone more ?

I am liking the shred though .. can't stop talking about it ,, my work collegues are getting bored LOL :laugh:

My copy of 6 week 6 pack just arrived and having watched a little its designed to help every one. Like 30ds its circuits but aimmed at fat burning and toning through the ab section.
    Cant wait to give it a go, but not today as so sore from Jillian's no more trouble zones that I did yesterday :bigsmile:
  • tdots1andonly
    tdots1andonly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WOW, after being up all night and reaidng everyones thoughts on this I found it online and just completed 1st day of level one. Even Zumba which I love don't make me wheeze like this did, I had to take a few breaks. OMG. She is serious. I hope ya'll were serious about it getting better with each day, I don't know that I want to do it again - LOL. But then again last night I did a lot of stength training with tention ropes on my upper arms and with my legs.

I seriously feel like I am going to puke. UGH
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I have just started Jillian again, tomorrow is day 3. I have done it many times over the last few years and although I agree I want to kick her it really is great for people with a small amount of time...beats "hours of phoning it in at the gym"...hahhaa Glad to see there are so many others doing it... I will be popping in for motivation :)

LOL I don't think I even know what that comment stands for but it bugs me :)
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I did Day 2 today. I love the video! I know what you mean about the "you don't get these abs for free" comment! Heck, I'd gladly pay money for them! :) My legs ache like crazy, but I feel so great when I'm done! :bigsmile:

Yeah and when Jillian comments on the blonde girls abs saying she wishes she had abs lik ehers ... dude your Jillian LOL
  • LorahJo
    Options
    im purchasing 30 day shred on payday (this friday) and seeing everyone talk about it has me so very very excited :)

Eeee Im excited for you .. make sure you let us know how you get on :D x
  • LorahJo
    Options
    I am up to Day 12 and I am loving it. The first 10 days were easy compared to level 2.. SO worth it. I am 1.5kg & 1.1% body fat down!

With Level 2 is it a huggggge difference ??
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What is 30 day shred and would it be appropriate for a 63 yr old woman in reasonable shape but with disc issues?

I would definitely check with your doctor first, only because they would know your particular issues and be able to advise you better.

I will say that yesterday (after day 2) my back was killing me. I was so sore, and I really wished that my husband had been home - I'd have *made* him give me a backrub. Very achy. It's a bit better this morning, but I downed a couple more ibuprofen last night (more for my knees, but it helped the back too), and some more this morning. Need to go ice the knees again, actually.

It's nothing that probably a good chiropractic appointment and a massage wouldn't fix, but it does ache. I'm guessing that it's mostly due to the bent-over position you're in for the rows, and for the squats. It takes some muscle to hold that straight-yet-angled position!

Just finished day 3 - not nearly as generally sore, and I still substituted jogging for the butt kicks. Murder on the knees, those. :-P
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am up to Day 12 and I am loving it. The first 10 days were easy compared to level 2.. SO worth it. I am 1.5kg & 1.1% body fat down!

With Level 2 is it a huggggge difference ??
    Level 2 is quite a bit tougher than L1. In fact, I think L1-L2 is a bigger step-up than L2-L3, but everyone is different. Gives you something to look forward to. :smile:
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    Ugh! Starting Level 2 today, I'm so nervous!!! But I pushed through the first few days of Level 1 so bring it on!!!
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I did L1D2 this morning, and the ache isn't too bad. It's a good kind of ache, you know? Means you did something. :-)

I just kept getting up at work and walking around, even when I didn't have to - just to keep the stiffness away.

My biggest problem right now is my knees - doing the video didn't *do* this to my knees, but I'm beginning to think I have a real problem with them anyway. I iced them well this morning, and they still ache a bit. I'm concerned that if I didn't ice them, I literally wouldn't be able to walk. I'm not even terribly overweight, so it's not that - it must be something internal/mechanical.

Does anyone else have serious knee issues doing the shred?

I know it's not my form - I'm extra-careful about that, and I've also had personal training, so I do know how to do the moves properly. The butt-kicks, especially, are nearly impossible with my knees - something about that angular force coming down just *kills* them. I was just jogging in place during those this morning, instead.

I've ordered some bands for 'jumper's knee' - wondering if anyone else has used them, and whether they might help.

I find the butt kicks and the push ups super hard... I did Day 3 Level 1 last night and I had to stop half way through. The push ups actually KILL my knees. I can't do the reguarl push ups so I am doing them from the knees but I no longer can. Its like stabbing pain under my knee cap (even though I do it on a soft yoga mat).... Any suggestions as to how I can modify a little more or what I can do during pushups? I dont wanna quit
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!