30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Quick Question, how much room does this take up(me moving)? I have a small spare bedroom I can use to work out in maybe 10 x 8, is it enough to get my workout on in? TIA!
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i finished level 1 day 1 today. by the first circuit strength, my arms were screaming. i hate pushups!!!! i honestly thought, ya know what, im so gonna collapse and not bother with this. BUT, i kept pushing, and got to the end. im so happy!!

im using a small space, just the floor of my bedroom. its a bit awkward, but i managed.

im off for a shower, then dinner!
  • roadtripper8
    Options
    Quick Question, how much room does this take up(me moving)? I have a small spare bedroom I can use to work out in maybe 10 x 8, is it enough to get my workout on in? TIA!

That is about the size of my spare room too. Plenty of space.
  • fooo
    fooo Posts: 3
    Options
    First time posting on mpf....been lurking for awhile though.

Currently on Day 8 of Level 1, I'm proud because I've never kept up with any exercise regime this long! L1 is feeling good now, a little worried about L2. But I plan on finishing, even though it'll take me more than 30 days!
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Just did L3D1 today. I def like it better then L2....L2 killed my knees!! But I stuck it out. Haven't missed a day yet. Only 9 more days to go until I'm finished with 30DS. Will prob take a day off and start it over again but with heavier weights this time around. Loving the results so far. Can't wait to measure at the end and see how many inches I've lost!!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • fooo
    fooo Posts: 3
    Options
    Also, I've found that stretches in the shred aren't held long enough, and she misses major muscle groups used (for the sake of time), which is why I found myself sore in the beginning. Now I just switch it off after the workout and take the time to really stretch out my muscles and hold them all for at least 5 breaths. I found this really helped with soreness!
  • ihavethree
    ihavethree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!
    OVERBEEKJ...I am on Level 2 day 8 and it does hurt my knees a bit but they are getting stronger. I feel so great and look forward to level 3. I also haven't missed a day. I ordered Killer Buns and Thighs and did it 2 nights ago and it is amazing....targeting new muscles that I haven't felt with 30DS. I haven't seen the scale move much...almost 3 pounds but my body is rockin' so many muscles I can't believe that is possible in 2 1/2 weeks. So level 3 is better than 2? The planks are killer but my arms and abs say thank you now!
  • mickijwat
    Options
    Im on level two day 5 of 3ds, over the soreness, I did level one for two weeks just too make sure I didnt hurt myself pushing too hard to do level too. I want to see the pounds drop, I know they are I just dont want to get on the scale again yet. I added the JM yoga meltdown to my cooldown, and I am absolutely loving it. I would suggest to anyone who wants additonal toning, and wants to push themselves a bit harder, but not to hard, it is actually a bit relaxing. Keep up the work I did the shred a couple of years ago and dropped 20 lbs like it said, but I pushed myself too hard and hurt my shoulder and had to stop so be careful. Also, Im new to FP and need friends if anyone wants one and can add me :)
  • wendymcrowe
    wendymcrowe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can anyone compare the 30 Day Shred to Ripped in 30? How would the results be different?
  • harrietk94
    harrietk94 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Level 1 and must admit I'm loving it!

I find the push ups difficult too but struggle through!

Can't wait to get onto level 2.... then 3 then compare my measurements!

After I've completed the 30 days I'm (all being well) going to do another round of it before my holiday and get my bikini body back (it's been a while)

Keep Shredding guys!
  • lblackerby
    Options
    I got my video in the mail about 1 month ago...I've been thinking about 'starting' for 4 days straight now...I'm not a gym-kinda-gal, nor have I ever worked out to a video. Actually, I've never worked out on purpose other than a brisk walk from time-to-time; that's about the extent of it (I think it has a lot to do with feeling 'foolish' going through the motions - Some sort of hang-up I have that I need to get past...). Seeing all your posts today is motivating, but I've yet to even tear the cellophane wrapper from the DVD case. However, I did just transfer the DVD from my bedroom nightstand to my TV armoire moments ago...Baby steps for me :smile:
  • drgirlfriend0
    Options
    Bought the DVD. Continuing from my break so now I'm on l2d2. I feel a central nervous system overload strength training consecutive days like this though.
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I got my video in the mail about 1 month ago...I've been thinking about 'starting' for 4 days straight now...I'm not a gym-kinda-gal, nor have I ever worked out to a video. Actually, I've never worked out on purpose other than a brisk walk from time-to-time; that's about the extent of it (I think it has a lot to do with feeling 'foolish' going through the motions - Some sort of hang-up I have that I need to get past...). Seeing all your posts today is motivating, but I've yet to even tear the cellophane wrapper from the DVD case. However, I did just transfer the DVD from my bedroom nightstand to my TV armoire moments ago...Baby steps for me :smile:

I just posted a new topid with pictures from the first 20 days .. I really wish everyone would do the 30ds not just because what it can do on the outside but on the inside i really am feeling great :)
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    are there any other jillian michaels exercise dvd's that anyone recommends?
  • ninjanurse10
    Options
    I started yesterday and have to say I dont actually mind her talking and kicking *kitten* as i find it motivates me more - although ask me that again after day 5 lol - I like the fact that the cardio is only 30 seconds which makes it easier to do as i HATE jumping jacks with a passion - i am pretty unfit and was shaking after I had done it so was surprised to have no soreness today

Maybe I didnt put that much effort into it as I dont hurt today - I did do 20 mins of Jeanette Jenkins (cardio/kickboxing) ultimate cross training last week and i could not walk for 3 days

Are people who do it everyday doing other things too ? I want to carry on with weights but dont want to be unable to walk or move if i do both and can you still get good results if you do it every other day ?

I did take a photo yesterday and will take one at the end of the 30 days too - has anyone else got any pics for motivation ?

J
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    ImSoPerfectlyFlawed Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I re-started this program and today was day 3 for me. It was rough but I got through.
  • lblackerby
    Options
    LorahJo,

I just found your post re: Day 1, Day 10, Day 20. Way to go - I CAN see a difference! If only I could get started in the first place /sigh/
  • lblackerby
    Options

I just posted a new topid with pictures from the first 20 days .. I really wish everyone would do the 30ds not just because what it can do on the outside but on the inside i really am feeling great :)

LorahJo,

I just found your post re: Day 1, Day 10, Day 20 photos. Way to go - I CAN see a difference! If only I could get started in the first place /sigh/ [/quote]
  • LucianaPrado
    Options
    I can´t seem to find that topic with the pictures... I didnt take a picture on the first day, I wish I had.
    Funny thing is that I already feel my abs and arms a little stronger in 4 days. Pretty amazing if you think of it... Only 20 minutes! I wonder if they look it though :/
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I can´t seem to find that topic with the pictures... I didnt take a picture on the first day, I wish I had.
    Funny thing is that I already feel my abs and arms a little stronger in 4 days. Pretty amazing if you think of it... Only 20 minutes! I wonder if they look it though :/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470689-30-ds-day-20-update-with-pics
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!