30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thats funny. My husband refers to her as the mean lady. She is seriously awesome!
  • LucianaPrado
    Options
    Thanks LorahJo. I saw the pictures and it´s amazing how much of a difference you can see in just 20 days! I hope to have similar improvements. Congrats!
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Today was L1, D5 (I took a 2 day break on the days I went to Zumba). My quads are still SO SORE!!! Will it ever go away?
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Today was L1, D5 (I took a 2 day break on the days I went to Zumba). My quads are still SO SORE!!! Will it ever go away?

I think we every level and at different stages differents parts of you will become sore or ache through the 3 levels I have not had the same place ache ... it gets alot better your endurance becomes stronger and i only become sore when Im actually doing the shred .. after i feel i could do it again (but I dont lol)
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Thats funny. My husband refers to her as the mean lady. She is seriously awesome!

Hehe The biggest loser was on the other day and Jillian was doing some extreme mean stuff to one of the contestants ... my dad looked at me and asked if that was the lady doing my shred dvd ... to which I replied Hell yes ... and he kinda just nodded and was like ouch .. lol
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Thanks LorahJo. I saw the pictures and it´s amazing how much of a difference you can see in just 20 days! I hope to have similar improvements. Congrats!

Thank you .. :) I didnt notice the diffrerence myself until I saw the photos .. my trousers had become loose but the scale wasnt budging since day 10 .
  • fluffy1980
    fluffy1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi

I started last night., and my legs are killing me, but I have heard such good things I am going to stick it out. I was also pouring with sweat, so that can't be a bad thing
    I'm also going to take a before and after pic tonight. Will be great to see the difference after a month.
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Hi

I started last night., and my legs are killing me, but I have heard such good things I am going to stick it out. I was also pouring with sweat, so that can't be a bad thing
    I'm also going to take a before and after pic tonight. Will be great to see the difference after a month.

Hey, stick with it trust me its worth it :)
    Since this topic Iv done another since I finsihed level 2 ... I have included a before photo and a photo 20 days later.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470689-30-ds-day-20-update-with-pics
  • Jessastar
    Options
    I'm on level 1 Day 9 today! My legs were burning SO bad the 2nd day, but now I'm a lot more stronger. I go on level two tomorrow. I do it about twice a day. :)
  • Cgrendahl
    Cgrendahl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred, and where can I find specific information about it? I've lost 60 lbs over the last 4 months, and now its really time to change my shape......TONE!!!! Thanks for any and all information!
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred, and where can I find specific information about it? I've lost 60 lbs over the last 4 months, and now its really time to change my shape......TONE!!!! Thanks for any and all information!

hi!

the 30 Day Shred is a fitness DVD from trainer Jillian Michaels, who's probably best known for being on the show The Biggest Loser. the idea is that every day over a 30 day period, or as often as it is convenient, you do 20 minutes of exercise that is a combo of 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs. each circuit follows this format, and there are 3 circuits per 20 min workout. there is also a warm up and cool down time on either end of the workout.

there are 3 levels of intensity, and you typically do each level for 10 days, if you want to complete in the stated 30. but its pretty flexible, you can stay on level 1 until you feel confident to move ahead. the 30 days is really just a guideline.

for the strength portion of the circuits, you require hand weights. in fact, you might not even need them at first, if you want to ease into it a little. if you cant get weights, household items such as soup cans or water bottles work just fine.

the DVD says you can lose up to 20 pounds in the 30 days, and you will also lose inches and gain muscle. its best paired with a fairly good diet.

ive seen a lot of before and after pictures, and it really works! if you keep it up consistently and eat better, differences are noticable quickly. at least ive read as much!
  • stufie
    Options
    Did anyone feel like they wanted to give up?? I am on day 5 and am really sore. I'm starting to lose energy and losing the motivation to push through the pain.
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Did anyone feel like they wanted to give up?? I am on day 5 and am really sore. I'm starting to lose energy and losing the motivation to push through the pain.

Don't give up! You can do it... Trust me. It took me about 3-4 times before I actually stuck with it. I finished yesterday! You can see my results here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474750-30-day-shred-results-w-pics
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Don't give up! You can do it... Trust me. It took me about 3-4 times before I actually stuck with it. I finished yesterday! You can see my results here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474750-30-day-shred-results-w-pics

I agree! Don't give up! I wanted to give up after day 2. Well, this morning I completed day 6 and I'm so glad I didn't give up. The soreness is starting to go away and I swear there's such an improvement from day 1.

Just close your eyes, focus and keep going! I promise you won't regret it. :)
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This work out kicks my *kitten* 5 times a week. I'm about halfway through my level 2, and only just getting to the point where I dont feel like my heart is about to escape from my chest, and run as far away as possible while I'm trying to catch my breath doing the cheer squats with v pull ups.

I love this work out, but I find I dont have enough strength in my shoulders. They are the body part that still lets me down, especially in the plank work outs.

But nonetheless, I lost 1.3kg last week. Sadly this week with several freinds birthday outings this week I know I'll eat back the calories, which I dont usually do on at least 3 days, but hopefully I'll still lose half a kg.

Amazing work out, I love it!
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Dont give up. If you need to, do take a day off.

I do 3 days, day off, 2 days, gym day, day off.

Your body needs a break every now and again to recover.

I'm not sure if you do or not, but my top tip: Protein shake after every session. It really helped me with recovery to go back the next day.
  • stufie
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

I'm not sure if you do or not, but my top tip: Protein shake after every session. It really helped me with recovery to go back the next day.
    I do have a protein shake right after, so I'm hoping that helps. Maybe it's my other workouts that are affecting things. I do zumba for an hour 2x a week, plus cardio 25 minutes 5x a week, and then the shred 5x a week. I skip the shred on the day before zumba so I will be able to make the most out of the class. Maybe I'm just a huge baby, who knows. :sad:
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 4 today and my calves burn. I think I am going to do some yoga prior to this to see if it helps. Thanks all for the motivation!
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to start this tomorrow!! im looking foward to the burn!
  • LucianaPrado
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

I do have a protein shake right after, so I'm hoping that helps. Maybe it's my other workouts that are affecting things. I do zumba for an hour 2x a week, plus cardio 25 minutes 5x a week, and then the shred 5x a week. I skip the shred on the day before zumba so I will be able to make the most out of the class. Maybe I'm just a huge baby, who knows. :sad:

I don´t think you´re a baby, you´re doing quite a lot! How long have you been working out for?

I used to think that good shape was about how much exercise you do, but it´s really about how often. When I started doing ballet twice a week in May, everyone told me that would not help me get back into shape. I believed them, but I wasn´t doing it for the weight loss, I just love dance and I was trying to make sometime for myself and manage the stress that working/housekeeping/motherhood brings upon me daily.

Last Christmas everyone was talking about how great I looked and asked me what I was doing... And I had to tell them that it was ballet twice a week. So I figured that if 2 hrs of ballet a week helped this much, I should try dieting and working out 30 mins 6x a week and see where that will take me 6 months from now. Thats when I came across 30DS and myfitnesspal. It´s just in the amount of time I was willing to dedicate to exercise. I´m on day 10... But my plan is to devote this amount of time daily from now on, so I was thinking that I need more suggestions on 20/30 minute workouts, because I know I will get sick of this one eventually.

It´s great to hear that I am not the only one exercising at home alone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!