WHAT THE "F" IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!???!?!

jwolfdh
jwolfdh Posts: 45 Member
so after i finished working tonight, i went to another bar in town for my friends' engagement party. had a fantastic time!...BUT... have to tell you about an incident with an old "friend" of mine. this is almost exactly how it went down. "hey! how are you?! long time!!!" he says yeah same...what have you been up to? i respond..."oh, not too much. been riding moto, a little DH, but mostly just working out and hiking trying to get into shape for the summer and hopefully do some races this year". i swear he looks me in the eyes, sticks out a hand, and proceeds to grab onto my lower belly flab (which i'm proud to say is almost gone...but he found what little left there is) and HOLD ONTO IT while saying, "huh, not quite there yet are you?". no exaggeration at all! who the F#*% does that??! and that's not ALL!!! then he says, "oh, i didn't know you were back in town. haven't seen you around". to which i respond, "yeah, ever since i got back, i've just been working my *kitten* off between my two jobs." again...no joke...he leans forward towards me and to the side and looks at my rear end and says "looks like you've still got some work to do". WTF!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!??!? are you effing kidding me??!

mind you this is coming from a guy (mid-20's) that is about 5'4 (probably claims 5'7) and has a bad haircut and a lisp and prides himself on being a "poster child" for our bike park, even though outside of our little isolated mountain town, no one has ever heard of the guy. normally, i would NOT point out flaws like that in a person because it's super mean and i know for a fact that i'm not perfect so who am i to judge...but in this case...he deserves it! SO MEAN!!! i could have been super rude, but instead just said you better not EVER say anything like that to your girlfriend (who was sitting 5 feet away) or you're going to be a REALLY lonely person the rest of your life. and walked away.

anyways, anyone else have anything happen like that to them? stories???

Replies

• hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Wow, I can't believe someone would do that! Especially with the touching!

Luckily, that's never happened to me. The only times when people get a little too close for my liking is when they just touch my tattoos without asking. But that's not nearly as rude as your story and has nothing to do with working out, really.
  • Oh honey kick the dirt off of your shoes that scum should not stick with you he will only bring you down. Focus on us we are here to support and uplift you! You just keep at it and when you run into him again in a few years when your all trim and stuff you can just rub his BALD head.
  • People suck.
  • kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    You are well on your way to be slim, healthy and fit, he however, is stupid and will always likely be!
  • NatM82
    NatM82 Posts: 7
    That is absolutely horrible.

At the end of the day by the sounds of it they are going to end up being a very lonely person and wondering why, when you will be surrounded by friends forever. I believe karma will bring him what he deserves.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    I could see a guy friend doing that to me (also a guy), minus the *kitten* part, but not to a woman. He lost his man card on that one.
  • That is unbelievable! Sorry that happened to you!
  • Christinemary6
    Christinemary6 Posts: 60 Member
    You can always rely on people to behave like people. He most probably thought he was having a laugh. The laugh is on him. He has lost you as a friend.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I would have put a dent in his forehead.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    You are a better person than me. I would have whacked him upside the head. And HARD!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    I think that your comeback "you better not say that to your girlfriend or you'll be a very lonely person" is good enough. Hopefully he gets it now.

BTW My brother says crap about my weight all the time, only it's about how sick I look, how thin I am, etc. He does it EVERY single time our family gets together. I walked away the last time he started it again. I hope he gets it too because walking away was my politically correct version of how to handle it. It goes downhill from there.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member

My mother-in-law... She is an RN and lets people KNOW she is an RN, little miss know-it-all.

My husband and I had dropped all contact with her like a ton of bricks over some garbage that happened... When she finally realized she was wrong and decided to come around when she needed money, she saw the weight difference in me (this was six weeks ago this happened)....

She was genuinely shocked at the weightloss, and made it very clear she saw it.... and not in the most complimentive way... Told me how I still need to work on my abs, my *kitten* 'definitely needs more work'... Mind you, Im ready to freaking blow, and my husband interrupted mid-stream as I was about to lay claim to her life.... he had put her in her place "THAT IS MY WIFE YOU ARE TRASH TALKING".... She had that shocked look on her face and was like "what??? Im giving her advice on what she should be concentrating on, I am after all an RN?

I leaned forward and gave her a real snide look - "UNTIL YOU HAVE MD AFTER YOUR NAME, SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH, IVE DROPPED ALMOST 70 POUNDS AND HAVE REAL PEOPLE STANDING WITH ME. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!!"

We slammed the door on her... I had to put my knife down (I was actually prepping dinner when that witch decided to come over for money we didnt even have), and take my frustration out on a pillow... stopped breathing out of the obscenity of this horrible wench and damn near passed out.... but my husband was right there by my side....

EDIT: That's just with my mother-in-law...... My OWN mother is another story!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sara_rose
    sara_rose Posts: 40 Member
    Some of these horror stories are unbelievable! People can be so hurtful. I am sorry that you had to put up with an ignorant, childish tool like that. YOU know how hard you are working on the new you and that is all that matters. There are always 'haters' out there ready to kick us out of jealousy.

And my story: When I was about 20 years old and was weighing in at about 60 lbs less then my absolutely heaviest my dad called me chubby. MY DAD!! I never did forget about that comment. :-/
  • Princess41463
    Princess41463 Posts: 39 Member
    Wow! That sounds like something that someone with a very, very small penis would say and do. Just sayin'.

In all honesty though, he sounds childish and immature - this may be his "pulling on your pig tails and punch you in the arm:" because he was attracted to you and is too immature to know how to deal with it.
  • mrspetrosian
    mrspetrosian Posts: 22 Member
    People can be so rude, I swear!

When I got pregnant last year, I weighed quite a bit (but had lost 16 lbs prior to getting pregnant) and to my school co-workers, I never actually announced that I was pregnant. So when I was 7 months pregnant, a teacher asked me when I was going to tell her that I was pregnant. I told her that I just assumed she knew because I thought everyone knew. She said, "Well No. It's not exactly obvious, but at least now you have an excuse to be heavy!" I only gained 6 lbs while pregnant, but at the point I had only gained like 4 lbs. After I had my baby, I instantly lost the baby weight plus some. To make matters worse, when I returned from maternity leave she actually ASKED me how much weight I gained when I was pregnant. When I said 6 lbs, she said, "Oh that should be easy to lose then!" I was like um...I'm 14 lbs lighter........ Then she had the nerve to say, "How big was that baby?!?!?!" As if I delivered a 14 lb baby........!
  • Princess41463

My mother-in-law... She is an RN and lets people KNOW she is an RN, little miss know-it-all.

My husband and I had dropped all contact with her like a ton of bricks over some garbage that happened... When she finally realized she was wrong and decided to come around when she needed money, she saw the weight difference in me (this was six weeks ago this happened)....

She was genuinely shocked at the weightloss, and made it very clear she saw it.... and not in the most complimentive way... Told me how I still need to work on my abs, my *kitten* 'definitely needs more work'... Mind you, Im ready to freaking blow, and my husband interrupted mid-stream as I was about to lay claim to her life.... he had put her in her place "THAT IS MY WIFE YOU ARE TRASH TALKING".... She had that shocked look on her face and was like "what??? Im giving her advice on what she should be concentrating on, I am after all an RN?

I leaned forward and gave her a real snide look - "UNTIL YOU HAVE MD AFTER YOUR NAME, SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH, IVE DROPPED ALMOST 70 POUNDS AND HAVE REAL PEOPLE STANDING WITH ME. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!!"

We slammed the door on her... I had to put my knife down (I was actually prepping dinner when that witch decided to come over for money we didnt even have), and take my frustration out on a pillow... stopped breathing out of the obscenity of this horrible wench and damn near passed out.... but my husband was right there by my side....

EDIT: That's just with my mother-in-law...... My OWN mother is another story!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Your MIL sounds like a real puke! I'd hate to have her as a nurse. What an ugly, insensitive witch!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    I would have put a dent in his forehead.

hahah this ^
  • Princess41463
    Holy canoli! Your MIL sounds like a real puke! I'd hate to have her as my nurse!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    It's called short man syndrome. Just ignore him.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    My response would have been: "yeah, still a little work to do, but I'll get there" Too bad you can't lose being an a**hole!