What are you reading?

Options
ChantelleFowler
ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
What has been your favorite novel you've read recently? I've currently am in the midst of re reading the Harry Potter series. I'm about halfway through The Half-Blood Prince. Even though I know what happens and how the story ends, I'm sad for when I finish it (again)!

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I read all HP books (from first word to last) in 16 days over the summer. I couldn't put them down! I've been slowly re-reading them, but other stuff in between. Right now, I'm working on The Dark is Rising Sequence, which is similar to HP but from the '60s and '70s. I read a couple of the books when I was in middle and high school, but there were three I didn't read back then, so I am now.

I don't know if I can pinpoint a favorite. Of all the novels I read last year (besides HP) the two that I loved the most were Les Miserables (unabridged) and The Help.
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Nothing :(

I love reading but since having kids, exercising and doing my course, i cant seem to concentrate on a good book

i need to get back to reading
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy Harry Potter you will love the Eragon, Eldest, Brisinger (sp) series. Could put them down. Light, funreading.
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What has been your favorite novel you've read recently? I've currently am in the midst of re reading the Harry Potter series. I'm about halfway through The Half-Blood Prince. Even though I know what happens and how the story ends, I'm sad for when I finish it (again)!

i have all the Harry Potter books, i love love love them! they are so much better than the movies
  • rml_16
    Options
    If you enjoy Harry Potter you will love the Eragon, Eldest, Brisinger (sp) series. Could put them down. Light, funreading.

My daughter loves those books. I've caught bits of the movie Eragon, but haven't really sat down with it or the book yet.
  • rml_16
    Options

i have all the Harry Potter books, i love love love them! they are so much better than the movies

99% of the time, the books are better than the movies. :-) But I'm one of the worst critics when it comes to movies made from books and I thought, considering how detailed and imaginative the books are, they did a VERY good job with the movies. I enjoy the movies even after reading the books, and that's rare for me.

There were actually a couple things they changed for the movies that I liked better than they were in the books. Only a couple, though. Mostly in the last movie.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    "A History of the World in 100 Objects" by Neil MacGregor.
    I'm on object 12, but it has been pretty good so far.
  • kirkharrison
    Options
    your forum topic...
  • kirkharrison
    Options
    your forum topic...:smokin:
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm starting "The Last Lecture" today.
  • christinezappella
    christinezappella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you like kids fantasy you should definitely try the Hunger Games Trilogy. Best young adult books writtenin ages, seriously. Beautiful.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games Series. It was so awesome, I may read it again. And I hardly EVER re-read books.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides was excellent. That's the last really good one I read over my holiday break from work. I'm currently reading Pym and it's ok - good enough that I want to finish it.
  • hounds726
    Options
    I just finished reading House Rules by Jodi Picoult. Probably one of the best books I have read in awhile. If you have a passion for children especially children with special needs (autism in this case) then it is a must read. I work in the education field (in a "out of school time" capacity) and it was phenomenal.

I have also recently started reading the Janet Evonovich (sp??) series (One for the Money, etc) and those are fun as well!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm a book and magazine lover and read just about anything! I'm actually reading "Blueprints of Atlantis". I love history and have a lot of respect for what people build in the Ancient Egypt
  • stormbaby
    stormbaby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm reading War Horse at the moment. I know it's a children's book but I saw the show a couple of months ago and loved it :)
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am about a quarter of the way through IT (Stephen King), much better than the film.
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just started the Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    I'm reading James Cordan's autobiography at the minute it's may I have your attention please. :)
  • KDWS
    KDWS Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The girl with the dragon tattoo...EXCELLANT!