What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES i am into vampire supernatural romantic kinda books but surprisingly i am not into TWILIGHT! so i read any books by KERRELYN SPARKS, LISA JANE SMITH and SAVANNAH RUSSE! BEST AUTHORS OUT THERE! I REALLY RECOMMEND KERRELYN SPARKS BOOKS, start with book one! :)

but right now i am waiting fo the last book of her that just came out to arrive.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    On a fitness level I am reading Think Yourself Thin and for other reading I am reading Five People you meet in Heaven.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Almost finished reading "The Last Lion" a biography on Winston Churchill up to the beginning of WWII.

I then have waiting to be read the bio on Steve Jobs (once my daughter finishes with it) and a re-read of "Alas Babylon" (once my son finishes reading it).

I am also bathroom reading Bruce Lee's "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do".

:-) I don't watch much TV!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am an avid reader, even more so since I got my Nook. I read incessantly. The Hunger Games triology (for young adults, but still good); The Language of Flowers, The Double Bind, We Have to Talk About Kevin (Creepy and very, very good), Sarah's Key, Midwives, Asylum (I just finished that one yesterday), and am now currently reading The Paris Wife which I've just started. I've read so many great books recently.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Reading Charles Bukowski's "Hollywood" at the moment.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Just finished First Marathons by Gail Waesche Kislevitz and now I'm reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. It's a great book especially if (like me) you grew up in the 80's.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Reading the last book of the Game of Thrones series.

I am on book 4 of the A Song of Fire and Ice series...however, I do have a question, how can you be on the last book if he hasn't even written it yet? I believe there are supposed to be 7 books and he just released the 5th book? I was just wondering! Didn't mean to sound rude or anything:flowerforyou:

When I say last book I am referring to the last book that he has written (ala book 5)
  • bornjm
    bornjm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally agree on the Evanovich books. I always end up laughing out loud and I can't remember the last time I did that while reading!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm reading book 5, 'A Dance with Dragons' of 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series, a.k.a 'A Game of Thrones' series. The series is like crack on paper, you just can't put the books down.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I only get to read course work these days, but am in the middle of Virtuous Prince by David Starkey and The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England. I always have several books on the go.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    When Rabbit howls by the Troops for Trudi Chase.
    I like disturbing non-fiction...

That is quite a book. I remember reading it years ago. It's excellent, disturbing, and thought-provoking.
  • amarie96
    Options
    I just finished the hunger games.. It was amazing but the end of the trilogy will probably piss you off.... But I did finish the in 4 days :)
  • kswift85
    kswift85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Since I've gotten my nook I read like crazy so all of these book recommendations are great...I've read the Hunger Games trilogy, The Help, all the HP books, and a ton more!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

I am on book 4 of the A Song of Fire and Ice series...however, I do have a question, how can you be on the last book if he hasn't even written it yet? I believe there are supposed to be 7 books and he just released the 5th book? I was just wondering! Didn't mean to sound rude or anything:flowerforyou:

I've heard so many good things about Game of Thrones. Is the TV series better than the book?
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I said previously The Room but it is actually just called ROOM. It is by Emma Donoghue.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I jumped on the War Horse bandwagon. Also, I just finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children to see if it would be suitable to read to my class. It was quite interesting!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

Is TV series better than book?

I haven't seen the series. I plan on picking it up on DVD in March though. The book is really good. I haven't found fantasy I've liked since Lord of the Rings, since most fantasy novels these days are a bit too high fantasy for my liking, and the heroes are all 16-18 year olds that wink at each other and tell jokes while they are killing monsters.

EDIT: MFP's quote system is b0rken.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Me too! I'm about 75% of the way through.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I've heard so many good things about Game of Thrones. Is the TV series better than the book?

TV series isn't better but the TV series is excellent.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

I haven't seen the series. I plan on picking it up on DVD in March though. The book is really good. I haven't found fantasy I've liked since Lord of the Rings, since most fantasy novels these days are a bit too high fantasy for my liking, and the heroes are all 16-18 year olds that wink at each other and tell jokes while they are killing monsters.

LOL Yeah I know I read this One series called "City Of Bones" It was actually really good but wished it was more of an adult level.

I could never get into LOTR. I mean I LOVE the movies and the characters are amazing but the books....ugh If i wanted to read 15 pages DETAILS of the hills and mountains I'd read a National Geographic.