What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• andreacord
    Options
    Rereading Girl With The Dragon Tattoo before I go see the movie. I know it's surrounded by a lot of hype but I'm just in love with that series. Lisbeth Salander kicks some *kitten*!
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    My adult son got me hooked on James Patterson.He got me 4 I haven't read yet.And,i just bought girl with the dragon tatoo,but gave itto my college student neighbor,for his flight home.awww. Love reading cook books.Eating Raw. .Any,& All cookbooks,seem to. A:ohwell: lways take me away. ..
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    iam reading the house of night series. great books!!
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of reading the kite runner. Absolutely fab :smile:

Have your antidepressants ready for the end.

The Hunger Games trilogy is great; however, it somewhat reminded me of Twilight (It's an extreme comparison because I wasn't a Twilight fan—homegirl needed an editor—and well, it is Twilight, so what did I expect?): The first one gets you hooked and then the others leave something to be desired. Book one of the trilogy was so, so fantastic. Lenny Kravitz as Cinna? Hilarious. I pictured Jay Manuel while I read it.

Loved The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo! I also loved the Swedish film; the American one was slightly tolerable because I could stare at James Bond. I didn't love Rooney in it; I think she's too pretty . . . I wanted to see gritty.

I'm reading 1984 and Animal Farm; it's maybe my millionth round with each of them.

Just my thoughts! But keep posting so that I can steal ideas!
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    for those who enjoyed the twilight series check out the house of night series by p.c cast
  • colehook
    Options
    Steven King's novel 11/22/63....I just finished it last night. This has been my favorite book by far. It's not the normal blood, gore...etc that you relate to King like I did (Pet Cemetery, Carrie, The Stand) I would recommend it to everyone.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm on the 3rd book in the Inheritance Cycle, Brisingr by Christopher Paolini.
    I recently finished the series The Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind .
    I've also read HP along with Twilight, The House of Night & Hunger Games with in the last year. I'm always sad when I finish up a series, I feel like I'm saying goodbye to friends.
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading The Hunger Games trilogy.The books are amazing, I'd definitely recommend reading.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Finally finished up "The Gulag" by Anne Applebaum and "The Rhythm of Life" by Matthew Kelly. Both excellent.
    Also reading "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel and "Effective TaeKwon-Do Sparring" by Master Jim Hogan and James Home.

Next books I plan to read in the coming weeks:
    "First Marathons" by Gail Waesche Kislevitz
    "Once a Runner" by John L. Parker, Jr.
    "The Long Run" by Matt Long
    "Mother Angelica" by Raymond Arroyo
    "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle
  • Don26
    Don26 Posts: 46
    Options
    I love reading (and read a lot of text books, yeah I am a dork but you would not know it by looking at me, I hide it well...LOL) and am in the middle of a few right now.
    Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Furman...very interesting and it has made me start eating a lot more healthy food.
    A lot of good nutritional information in here.
    The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Hart (psychology)
    Juicing for Energy (my juicer arrives today)
    What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz

Have read everything by Stephen King
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you liked that other good ones are Mr Golightly's holiday and Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell.
    [/quote]

I will totally add those to my to read list... thanks.
  • alc7181
    alc7181 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm working on the Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. Currently on From Potter's Field. Great series!
  • Deirdre_R
    Deirdre_R Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell at the moment too. It's odd and in a world of its own, but totally absorbing.
  • AJ1966
    AJ1966 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am about a quarter of the way through IT (Stephen King), much better than the film.

The book scared me more than the movie. The movie was interesting though.
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm reading "To Be Sung Underwater".

Just finished "The Giver" and "The NIght Circus"

All excellent.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Steve Jobs' biography -- its fantastic
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Allen Carr - The Easy Way to Stop Smoking
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    I'm reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy now and really like it so far. I just got done reading a book called A Madman Dreams of Turing Machines recently, and it was amazing.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I said previously The Room but it is actually just called ROOM. It is by Emma Donoghue.

awesome book!!!!

Im reading James Patterson..I think its called "the Alex cross trial"
  • soozship
    soozship Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am about a quarter of the way through IT (Stephen King), much better than the film.

I have read most of, and have a collection of Stephen King books. I think he's a phenomenal writer. However, I have been reading "It" for 15 years. Scares the hell out of me. I take it out every 6 months or so and read a few pages, and then I have to hide it again. In the very back of my bathing suit/vacation wear drawer (I don't go in there very often!) LOL Someday I will finish... :noway: