What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jennifer weiner, the Help was excellent, love to get new ideas for books!

www.goodreads.com
  • Barbara1115
    Options
    I just finished A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown. Don't let the cover/title/author's name fool you. Incredible true story. Check it out if you get the chance. you won't believe this really happened to someone. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/piece-of-cake-cupcake-brown/1103292580?ean=9781400052295&itm=1&usri=a+piece+of+cake (doubt the link will work - cut/paste into your browser)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When Rabbit howls by the Troops for Trudi Chase.
    I like disturbing non-fiction...

I had the most awful nightmares when I read that book.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jennifer weiner, the Help was excellent, love to get new ideas for books!

www.goodreads.com

agreed :) I recently joined on there and it is where i get most of my ideas on what to read next!
  • maradanielle
    maradanielle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz but I go through about a book a week, as long as I can find something interesting to read :)
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am about a quarter of the way through IT (Stephen King), much better than the film.

100% agree with you on that. The book is incredible. The movie? Not so much!

I have read The Hunger Games trilogy as well! It's amazing
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Umm, The Quickening by Michelle Hoover...so, so kind of a hard read. Done the HP books, the Hunger Games Trilogy, (loved it), Janet Evanovich books LOL, The Help. Love Stephen King's books... Next on my list is The King of Colored Town by Darrell Wimberley
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Reading a couple of books. On audio (for my morning commute) I'm reading "The Girl Who Played with Fire" by Stieg Larsson. On my Kindle I'm reading "World War Z" by Max Brooks. They're both pretty good.

I just finished "The Magicians" by Lev Grossman which was a fun read and also "The Hunger Games" Trilogy by Suzanne Collins which was also pretty stellar.
  • Barbara1115
    Options
    Have you read Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah? You'll love it more than Winter Garden. An extraordinary story of friendship but you will need the box of tissues!
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    Just started The Lord of the Rings, I'm at The Councel of Elrond right now, and I read Time magazine.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter".
    Just finished an autobiography of John Lithgow called "Drama",
    and Steven Tyler's autobiography called "Does the Noise in my Head Bother You?"
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Right now I am reading "Rivers of London" by Ben Aaronovitch. It's really good though gets a little slow here and there.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Reading the last book of the Game of Thrones series.
  • tplcook1
    Options
    If you like kids fantasy you should definitely try the Hunger Games Trilogy. Best young adult books writtenin ages, seriously. Beautiful.

My daughter had me read The Hunger Games with her. I finished it and just bought the second one - Catching Fire and have moved on without her...lol.

She wanted me to read it with her because the movie is supposed to be coming out in March of this year. Can't wait. Such a big kid:)
  • maxwellcoffeebean
    Options
    Im reading the first of a series called The Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. super good book, never really want to put it down.
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading The Help a few days ago, so last night I watched the movie. While they were both good, the book was better. It was almost like watching a different story though.

Before that I read The Room, which was weird but good.

For the next few months I probably will only have time to read text books though.
  • rashooy
    rashooy Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm in the midst of reading the kite runner. Absolutely fab :smile:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Reading the last book of the Game of Thrones series.

I am on book 4 of the A Song of Fire and Ice series...however, I do have a question, how can you be on the last book if he hasn't even written it yet? I believe there are supposed to be 7 books and he just released the 5th book? I was just wondering! Didn't mean to sound rude or anything:flowerforyou:
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I completely agree, For One More Day was so good!