Have you ever met any famous people/ celebrities?

Options

Replies

• vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I think y'all are stalkers :tongue:

I made a fool of myself once when two pro soccer players asked me directions when I was 13 (huge soccer fan). They weren't expecting a 13 year old girl to recognize them and freak out. I swore then that Brad Pitt could fall over at my feet and I'd play it cool. So I'm one of those people that either doesn't notice them or if I do I make eye contact but don't freak out (until I'm out of ear shot).

My favourite was running into The Bare Naked Ladies at Tim Horton's - It doesn't get more Canadian than that! (well unless they were on their way to play hockey).
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I met Paul Newman once when I was a kid (too young to realize just how famous he was). My father used to take me to the car races, which I hated, but he also had passes to get into the pit area. I met Paul Newman there one afternoon when he was done racing for the day. He was pretty drunk, and not very nice, but I think that was more the alcohol than his normal personality.

I met Paul Newman about 15 years ago when my parents and I volunteered for his Hole In The Wall Gang charity function. He was tooling around on his bike when he stopped at the popcorn stand I was running. He was nice to me, especially since I was wearing a t-shirt from his college (which I also went to, but many years later). At that same event, I met his wife Joanne Woodward (beautiful super nice woman, had a long conversation with her and their dog), Harry Belafonte, Sara Gilbert, and Joan Rivers. Whoopi Goldberg was there too, but I didn't get to meet her.

I also met nearly all of the Boston Celtics back in 1986 (all but Larry Bird) and got their signatures.

I went to school with a not-as-famous celebrity - Stephen Trask (he co-wrote and played in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, both the Broadway production and movie) - and a local celebrity in Cincinnati - Brendan Keefe (news anchor). Different schools. Stephen would remember me, but Brendan wouldn't.
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Alec Baldwin when he came to my college to do some political speech (mid 90's). Joe Perry and his wife were shopping at the same Victoria's secret as me in Kingston, MA (he must've been home at the time). I also saw David Chokachy (Baywatch) at that same mall (he's from Plymouth MA).
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I've met lots of famous people - I work in TV and movies in LA, been doing it for decades. I have lots and lots of stories. Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Jackson Browne, Madonna, Twisted Sister, Pee Wee Herman, the cast of Star Trek TNG, Max Headroom, Leslie Neilsen, MC Hammer, Jerry Garcia... lots more.

Jerry Garcia (of the Grateful Dead) helped me start my business, by vouching for me with the bank. Take a look at the letter he and his producer wrote for me:

http://planetblue.com/maury/jerry_garcia_letter.jpg
  • burntpie
    burntpie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Was fortunate enough to meet Quentin Tarantino and Daryl Hannnah at the Kill Bill premiere after party in Sydney. My boss gave her tickets as she was sick. I was so excited to talk to him (am a huge fan) that I drank about ten glasses of champagne before I got up the courage to do it. It was such a blur I don't remember much but my friend told me I was talking for about ten minutes and we laughed a lot! Hopefully he was laughing with and not at me... :blushing:
  • kayb0610
    Options
    I've met Dave Mustaine. Not the greatest experience but still pretty cool. Also, I've met all the guys from the band Story of the Year and guys from a few metal bands that I consider celebrities but probably aren't and various other bands over the years.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I stood behind Marton Csokas (LOTR, xXx, the Asylum, Kingdom of Heaven, Garage Days etc pp) at London Heathrow. I was on my phone, admired his *kitten* (that was before I realised who he was) and was on the phone to my bestie... finishing the phonecall with a quote from xXx "bye bye little white mice". Which lead to him turning around in stitches. I just stood there gob smacked..he was wearing a basecap which quoted "Angel" And I looked at it lifted an eyebrow and just went : "as if" He was just chuckeling away and a stewardess camw running to tell him he was in the wrong queue and to follow him. He walked off, swinging his hips Yorgi style (his character in xXx) and looked back at me over his shoulder before he vanished around the corner. It was just soooo bloody funny. And absolutely typical, as me and my big mouth we always put ourselves in trouble

I have met James Marsters (Spike from Buffy, John Hart in Torchwood). I went with a friend to some sort of convention as she really liked his band. I remember that there where shedloads of hysteric women screaming and crying because he had looked at them touched them said hello... whatever... so naturally, as I am a cow, I was takin the piss and not realising, as we were waiting for an autograph for my friend, that suddenly we swere alone in the room with James. Who seemed to really enjoy my sarcastic remarks and oustanding acting talent. He grabbed my hand, looked me deep into the eyes and told me what a pleasure it was to meet me - the ignored my friend and told me he needed a drink... she playfully slapped me, telling me off, because she had been ignored and he ended up in stitches. For the rest of the day he was seeking us out and ever so often stopped for a chat... it was quite funny. He's a really nice bloke

The other day, John Simm (Dr Who, Life on Mars, Mad Dogs) pushed me to side in the tube as he was rushing past me, he apologised though ^^ but hey, that's the things that happen when you live in or near london
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I met 50 Cent and he was one of the most interlectual people ive ever met and a really nice dude
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bert mckracken from the used and..don't be jealous - o-town, back in the day! hahaha
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Randy Travis at a meet & greet.

A co-worker spoke with Debbie Reynolds on the phone when I worked for the answering service for Alex Trebek's ranch.

When I worked for the local AAA tow company, I spoke with Cary Hart when he blew out a tire on his Maserati. I made the tow driver bring me back an autograph haha.

Tito Ortiz came into the shop when his BMW broke down. He was super sweet and did pictures and autographs for all of us when he came in to use the restroom - Jenna James was with him but stayed in the car on the back of the truck so no one but the tow driver got to meet her.
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    iv met angie ****erson,the man that played billy jack.and iv also me bob barker,dinah shore,roy rogers did a bear hunt with him
    love to meet lady gaga!!!!and kendra.love em both...great question ,it was a fun thing....:glasses:
  • 1Nifty50
    Options
    Wyonia (Judd)
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I went to Comic Con last year and met Lou Ferigno, the cast of The Walking Dead, Norman Reedus, Miguel Nunez and Vivica A. Fox

Oh and Stan Lee :)<3
  • newarkco05
    Options
    I met all the members of Train and We The Kings. I have also met Owl City ( Adam Young).
  • Kimmygettingskinny
    Options
    I have met and went to church with Carl Perkins ( I lived in Jackson Tn. at the time and was married to a musician ) I met Leon Russell I also have met several Cleveland Browns players . i don't know if you would consider them famous. Also when I was a young girl I met Robert Goulet:drinker: Almost forgot I had a meet and greet with Alan Jackson in 2004 when I first started working for Napa Auto Parts
  • alexis92
    Options
    I met Richard Gere in the emergency room where I live. He was there with a kid from the Little League team he coaches in my town who got hit in the face by a baseball.

I've met Paul Shaffer (David Letterman's bandleader) a few times as his daughter went to my middle school. He bought my entire cast pizza for her birthday once when I was in a show and he was invited onstage in another show I was in. I met legendary jazz pianist Chick Corea and bassist Eddie Gomez after their performance at The Blue Note.

I've also met a number of people "stagedooring" Broadway shows including Corbin Bleu, Aaron Tveit, Kate Shindle (former Miss America), John LaRoquette, Richard Griffiths, Ace Young (from American Idol), and caught a glimpse of Daniel Radcliffe!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I have met:

Kirk Cameron
    Jim Caviezel
    Avalon (Christian Band)
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My brother and I met Tim Tebow in Olive Garden. He was super sweet. :)
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I met Crosby, Stills and Nash backstage after their concert and got their signatures.

Figure Skating legends Tai Babalonia and Randy Gardner

Chaz Palmienteri at his new restaurant here in Baltimore....chatted a bunch with him and then introduced him to my husband who wasn't paying any attention that I was talking for 10 minutes alone with Chaz!

I've chatted by phone with Jason Scheff - singer of the band Chicago

And I"ve met celebrity trainers Chalene Johnson, Debbie Siebers, Brett Hoebel, TONY HORTON -several times, and Sean T.
  • alsilecchia
    Options
    I have managed hotels most of my life so in my line of work I have met alot of celebraties ... some nice some not so nice
    In Vero Beach Fla I had the whole Dodgers organization on one floor like I said some were cool some not so ..
    Hank Williams 3rd Alan Jackson Lonestar Kentucky Headhunters (they were fun) Charlie Daniels Band the whole band and Mr. Daniels was so nice to me I had buried my husband that day and was short handed at work and ended up going in that nite and he came to speak to me personally it touched me that he was concerned about me :) and now hold on to your hats . .. I pressed the tux of Percy Sledge and he tipped me $10 dollars lol