Girls... Is muscle a turn off?

Options
stayxtrue
stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
So upon talking with most of the girls I know around 90% of them say that lean muscle and a guy having rippling abs is just pure gross!!!

I somehow think that these girls re misguided and just are not used to seeing a well built guy...

Do the girls here agree?? If not what is your ideal guy??

I know that there is more to a guy than a 'hot body' and that his personality plays a huge role... But who wouldnt want a guy with a hot body?? Am I right???

Replies

• sonjawi
    sonjawi Posts: 46
    Options
    I do not like the professional bodybuilder type. I am also not crazy about guys who work out 4 hours a day in the gym to keep a sixpack. I like to spend some time with my partner and as I am not the kind who enjoys 4 hours of working out, that would be a bad match for me. I honesty like men with a little gut, but that's personal preference and I found somebody who fits my taste.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Noooo. Most girls I know like muscle :D

If we're talking pro-bodybuilder muscle, that looks like they're on roids then no, most girls I know would find that a turn-off.

What I like personally are naturally big guys, who also have muscle. Kinda like you'd expect of a bouncer/doorman type thing but not just fat.
    Although, tbh I don't really have a type, I find lots of looks attractive, I'm not going to find it a turn off if they don't look like that, that's just an ideal and everyone has one, but it's not the only attractive thing. I find personality TONS more sexy than looks, apart from the extremes, obese and really skinny/no muscle at all.

My partner is not big naturally at all but has quite a lot of muscle. He's around 175lb, 5ft9/10 but you can't see any fat on him lol He used to be around 135lbs with the same amount of fat when I first met him, still had muscle but not loads. Found him just as attractive then as now :)
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love muscles but in moderation, i do not liek the shoulders and head being just as thick set as eachother ewww, im not a fan of huge built guys but a toned lean muscular look is for me.
  • claire_90
    Options
    myself and the girls I work with pretty much spend all day every day staring at the hot tradies (with muscles) in line at BOOST juice (we're like 10 metres away from boost)

muscle is a turn on... until it gets to that veiny stage lol
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Okay, there is a limit. I have not personally encountered in my lifetime a person who was TOO MUSCULAR. I know they exist... but they aren't common. Now, if you look at all the HOT GUYS in my friends list... if a girl/woman says they aren't hot they are LYING to you. Muscle is hot. Healthy guys are hotter than nonhealthy guys... :)
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    According to bb.com woman choose their life partners in the following order:

Confidence> Money > Looks > Height

How true that is I don't know....sucks to be a shy poor ugly manlet lol
  • Boring2Fit
    Options
    What? Those girls are probably talking about the really muscular ones because that's not that attractive.

But lean muscle and a nice six pack is definitely hot :) Just as long as it's not too bulky or body builder type.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Well I am not going to go insanely over board... I just want to get a decent lean musclular look!! But apparently thats a turn off to the majority of the girls I know... However this wont stop me hahha!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of Body Builder muscle but, I love the bodies of Randy Orton, Triple H, Seamus, John Morrison and The Rock. (Hubby is a WW fan and I watch it with him to 'oggle' at the men's bodies.)
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    A bit!

I like men to feel soft when I cuddle them! Not hard as a rock!

However, it's nicer to look at a well toned tummy than a heap of flab.

(Lordy, I'm difficult to please!)
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    I find muscles a turn off. I like slim yet cuddly guys!

Perhaps that just isn't a physical thing though; often muscly guys are also a bit full of themselves and I like a down to earth guy!

Thankfully, both these descriptions describe my husband :)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Don't know what's wrong with me. Lol. My hubby is shy, didn't have a lot of money when we met, isn't the best looking guy in the world but he's not ugly either and is shorter than I am. Lol.

I met him and fell in love with his personality and what he believed in. We have absolutely nothing in common though. Lol. Been together seven years in May and married for over three years now.
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options

Feel bad for my wife then, she lost out on all four with me.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    So upon talking with most of the girls I know around 90% of them say that lean muscle and a guy having rippling abs is just pure gross!!!

I somehow think that these girls re misguided and just are not used to seeing a well built guy...

Do the girls here agree?? If not what is your ideal guy??

I know that there is more to a guy than a 'hot body' and that his personality plays a huge role... But who wouldnt want a guy with a hot body?? Am I right???
    What is gross looking are those body building types with 7% body fat, steroid bloat and a fake tan all oiled up in speedos grinning, flexing and looking foolish. That's a far result from an athletic build and good physique.

And the ladies like a fit body just as much as we do - some don't like admitting that.
  • Segrande
    Options
    Personally, I think lean and toned with just enough muscle definition is the best. Wouldn't mind a little extra muscle too, but yeah body builder types in general aren't appealing to me, I guess. :3
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't like the steroid-filled bodybuilder look, no. But a guy who just has muscles from exercising and eating right is not a turnoff at all.

I tend to see faces first, then personality before I even worry about the guy's body, but NORMAL muscle tone does not send me running screaming for the hills. :-)
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My ideal man would be Terry Hollands (from Worlds strongest man).

But my husband will do lol x

He is obviously very strong and has muscle but he also has meat on him
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i love muscles....
  • According to bb.com woman choose their life partners in the following order:

thats me buggared than lol
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    This is hot....

5yz3tf.jpg

This is not....

9suhig.jpg