Needing Dessert Every Night

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sometimes I have some semi sweet chocolate chips after dinner for something sweet. I also like to eat the dessert delight gum... that helps me a lot
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I need dessert every night too.......sherbet. MFP says I should shoot for 1200 calories per day. I eat my exercise calories too. If I don't, I'm miserable.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. But I've found since I stopped indulging myself every night I actually no longer miss it. A good example...My wife bought reduced fat oreos for her and my son. Last night my son wanted one but he wanted daddy to eat one too. I actually hesitated at first not because I needed to make sure it wouldn't put me in the red for calories...but because I really didn't feel like sugar. I ended up eating one because he wanted me to and I was able to fit it into my day...but I would have been completely indifferent otherwise. I've decided that by killing that everyday craving it allows me to indulge in the few times here and there that the craving gets really bad. There's nothing wrong with a small piece of cake or a candy bar if it A) fits into my daily calorie goal and B) isn't a frequent thing (like once every week or two).
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I do understand the chocolate craving. I can't conceive the idea of having cereals without a couple of HEAPED spoons of drinking chocolate powder.. it makes a pleasure to have my dosage of fiber...sometimes I have two portions of cereals a day! It can't be healthy, but I'm going down slowly, my worst craving is the double cream, or the fat in it, I guess. :D, I should try to avoid it buying it, I did it for a long time, but now I keep finding myself buying again and again.. sight!:D
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    6690870951_e352eeaae8.jpg

Then you need to learn about protein fluff. This big ole' bowl is fluffed with Coconut Protein Fluff - 233 calories, 28g protein 17g carbohydrates 7g fat and I bet you couldn't even finish the entire bowl.
    Plenty of places to learn how to make it. There's even a group here on MFP, called Protein Fluf

O.M.Gosh. I just looked up the way to make this, and I'm so all over it with my strawberries. I have some coconut milk I wasn't sure what to do with. Now I know. *drool* Thanks!!
  • sj915
    sj915 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I went on google and looked up low calorie desserts/snacks, and there are TONS of things that you can have under 100 calories that are great. Like for example I found a recipe for a low calorie ice cream sandwich where you put 2 tbsp of chocolate frozen yogurt in between a graham cracker you broke in half. There are TONS of recipes that you can get creative with the desserts you eat and you won't have to feel bad about the calories

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=110095

http://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/low-calorie-chocolate-desserts

Try these and see if they help you curb your chocolate cravings and stay within the calories!

THANK YOU!