Your other half

Options

Replies

• FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just looking for a gauge really!

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? No. Especially not in the winter. In the summer, he takes care of the grass so from Nov. to March he doesn't do much. He does clean his own bathroom and office though.

Cook for you? He makes us a bacon and egg breakfast on the weekends fairly often.

Go food shopping? Once in a blue moon.

Give you massages when you ask? Never, ever.

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? No, but he does tell me he sincerely loves me. Frankly, at 51 I'm not so beautiful any more.

Buy his/her own clothes?! Yes. He has to wear certain clothing for work (exact percentage of natural fibres) and I don't always read the labels ...

Notice the dust? Not often.

Take the children off so you have some free time? Yes.

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? Left to me. He helps "day of" or maybe the day before with cleaning, heavy lifting.

Open his/her post? Not often.

Do any paperwork ever? Actually, he does almost all of it.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? nope

Cook for you? if it involves taking food from freezer and sticking it in the oven

Go food shopping? Yup, to get quiet time away from the kids

Give you massages when you ask? he would if i asked

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? nope, but i know he thinks it

Buy his/her own clothes?! hahaha, when he does he picks wrong sizes

Notice the dust? nope, but i don't either

Take the children off so you have some free time? if i asked

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? nope

Open his/her post? yup

Do any paperwork ever? nope, but he makes all the money

ps... we balance each other out.. we are the best of friends... and you can totally tell he absolutely adores me :)
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? I would say it is about 50/50 - My wife would say it's more like 60/40

Cook for you? _ She does; every day

Go food shopping? Yes; I hate grocery stores.

Give you massages when you ask? _ Negative ( I never ask) - But I give her massages, when asked.

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? - Always - both ways.

Buy his/her own clothes?! Who doesn't buy their own clothes?

Notice the dust? - We both ignore it!

Take the children off so you have some free time?No kids by choice. We love our afternoon naps.

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? 75/25 - I do more arranging

Open his/her post? Huh? I've never heard it called that before; but yes indeed!

Do any paperwork ever?I pay all the bills, do the taxes, and manage the rental house.

I also do 90% of the laundry. I think she purposely ruin my clothes in the begining, to get fired off that job.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? Not usually. But to be fair I have more time than he does and he maintains the yard...I rarely do yard work.

Cook for you? Sometimes....it would be great if he didn't like his food sooooo spicy.

Go food shopping? He often does....but rarely shops with my weight loss needs in mind.

Give you massages when you ask? Yes....bless him!

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? Yes....I suspect he needs glasses. LOL

Buy his/her own clothes?! No, I do that.....he buys his own shoes as I would have trouble getting shoes that fit him.

Notice the dust? No!

Take the children off so you have some free time? When our kids were home and small...my neighbors were jealous because he was always willing to take the kids for the day.

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? My job!

Open his/her post? Sometimes!

Do any paperwork ever? NO.....and I'm thankful he doesn't cause I have to spend hours undoing what he's done.
  • Susancarole
    Susancarole Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My husband does all those things (except the children part. His are grown and I specifically chose someone who didnt' have little ones in the house.) He is wonderful and I am the luckiest girl on the planet. I try to tell him this every day so hope he knows how much I appreciate him!!!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? Sometimes

Cook for you? Sometimes

Go food shopping? Yes - most always

Give you massages when you ask? Yes

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? Yes

Buy his/her own clothes?! Yes, I do buy for him too.

Notice the dust? Not really...:grumble:

Take the children off so you have some free time? N/A

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? Yes

Open his/her post? Yes

Do any paperwork ever? Yes

I have the best husband on the planet! :love:

Where's the "like" button? :)

I'm so glad to read about all these wonderful men we are married to!
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? no, he does most of the yard work though and if we're having company he will help w/ the housework

Cook for you? in the warm weather he'll grill but besides that i am the cook

Go food shopping? no but honestly i wouldnt want him to, i like picking out what i am going to cook

Give you massages when you ask? he used to every once in awhile but its been years since he has, he will pop my back if i ask him to though

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? no

Buy his/her own clothes?! he could and has before but i usually do that because i like to

Notice the dust? not really

Take the children off so you have some free time? no, but if i am doing homework in my room he will try to keep them quiet

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? thats me

Open his/her post? he gets the mail everyday and about half the time he might open something if it looks interesting but he usually hands it off to me so i can pay the bills

Do any paperwork ever? no not usually
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Just looking for a gauge really! Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? Guilty. I do not do an equal share. However, my wife sees the inside of the house as her domain and I see the outside as mine. I take care of the exterior as well as the mowing, etc. She's happy with the arrangement

Cook for you? When she was working, I cooked for her often. She does the cooking now while I see the dishes as my responsibility

Go food shopping? I shop if needed but she prefers to do that herself. She knows I will not try and save by looking for sales

Give you massages when you ask? She doesn't ask but she does like her back rubbed

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? Guilty. I should do that more often

Buy his/her own clothes?! She doesn't like the clothes I buy for myself. She also prefers to pack for both of us when we travel. Something about her wanting what I wear to go with what she wears. Must be a girl thing...

Notice the dust? I do some dusting but usually only around my desk, computer and the TV

Take the children off so you have some free time? When he was younger I did that occasionally

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? I do all the arrangements like hotel rooms, travel, and my own doctor appointments. Is that what you mean?

Open his/her post? Do you mean the mail? If she gets mail addressed to her, I don't open it. If it's typical junk mail, I usually trash it for her in the shred bin. She does not open my mail either.

Do any paperwork ever? I do most of the paperwork, pay the bills, do the taxes. I only ask her to give me the receipts when she makes a charge. He rarely did. It was a losing battle so I stopped asking. Now I can keep up with most of it online so it's not a end-of-the-month surprise.

Look... none of us are perfect, guys or gals. If you are a woman and you are comparing your man to other men, I think it would trouble you if you found out your guy was comparing you to other women. I have many short comings that make me wonder how my wife has put up with me for 33 years. I can hardly put up with myself. But if I found myself coming home to a woman who was fussing at me to cook and dust and clean and had a Honey-do list every weekend like my mother-in-law had for her husband, I would be saying adios amigo.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? Nope

Cook for you? When I ask

Go food shopping? When I ask

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? Yes

Buy his/her own clothes?! Yes

Notice the dust? No, thank goodness!

Take the children off so you have some free time? yes

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? All left up to me

Open his/her post? yes

Do any paperwork ever? HAHAHAHAHA....no
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? He does the majority as I am at work and he isn't.

Cook for you? Not if I can help it! lol

Go food shopping? We go together as he can't be trusted lol

Give you massages when you ask? Not as often as he used to.

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? All the time

Buy his/her own clothes?! No way! If it was up to him he wouldn't wear any!

Notice the dust? Nope!

Take the children off so you have some free time? We don't have any.

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? Nights out and such is left to me.

Open his/her post? Sometimes but I tell him off!

Do any paperwork ever? He sorts out all the bills
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? Sorta... we both hate it and do it maybe once a week.

Cook for you? No, I do all of the cooking for her and I.

Go food shopping? Yes, I hate it!

Give you massages when you ask? Yes. And sometimes when I don't.

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? yes, but I think she needs her eyes examined.

Buy his/her own clothes?! Yes, though the last couple of years she has taken me along for my "fashion sense."

Notice the dust? LOL, no the dirty laundry covers it up.

Take the children off so you have some free time? No kids at home anymore.

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? She does most of the planning... except for my fishing trips.

Open his/her post? Yes

Do any paperwork ever? All of it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    he makes the money(long crazy hours) and i take care of house. working on 16 years of happiness

That just doesn't work for me. I don't really care that he is the one going out to work. That doesn't make me a skivvy. I have a full time job looking after the children when he is out at work, and I am also doing a master's degree, so I have more on my hands than I can realistically do without doing everything else as well.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Does your other half....

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? - Yep! He rarely vacuums unless I ask but he definitely cleans the kitchen probably more often that I do!

Cook for you? Every night almost... I hardly every cook. I'm trying to be better about it now that we are talking about starting a family and I know it's not fair for him to cook every single night but he's just so good at it!

Go food shopping? We always go together... If I go alone I don't get anything he likes or wants (I'm a cereal and frozen food kind of girl)...

Give you massages when you ask? Yes and I usually have to pay in the form of back scratches for him.

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? Not as much as I'd like... I know he thinks I'm beautiful and he does tell me every once in awhile but I'd like to hear it daily ;-)... I tell him pretty often that I know I am the luckiest girl to have him and I tell him he's hot pretty often

Buy his/her own clothes?! Hahahah no. But I like shopping so I don't mind buying them for him!

Notice the dust? Definitely not. His idea of clean is when everything is picked up... doesn't have to be wiped down.

Take the children off so you have some free time? No kids yet but I know he will... he's awesome with kids!

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? This use to be a sore subject for us because I had to arrange everything... then I just kind of stopped doing it and he took the reins. Now I'd say it's pretty equally distributed. I still have to arrange all of the annoying stuff like dentist appointments though..

Open his/her post? Sometimes but I actually get annoyed when he does... I do all of the finances and paperwork and when he opens the mail he usually fails to tell me about it and then I end up missing something important.

Do any paperwork ever? Nope. Not a bit. He's pretty terrible with finances in general but after we got engaged and decided to buy our house he agreed to a joint checking account and he hasn't complained at all about it so it works! I tell him how much money we have and when we need to save. It works really well.

... I'm glad I replied to this.. and I will definitely be telling my husband again today how lucky I am to have him. He's pretty awesome.
  • Susancarole
    Susancarole Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    P.S. Okay, I do the cooking, but I LOVE to cook. He takes me out a lot though, so it's still a win-win! :)
  • Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? NO

Cook for you? NO

Go food shopping? YES

Give you massages when you ask? NO

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? NO

Buy his/her own clothes?! YES

Notice the dust? YES

Take the children off so you have some free time? No kids

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? 50/50

Open his/her post? YES

Do any paperwork ever? NO
  • moniquelessard
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? yes

Cook for you? yes

Go food shopping? yes

Give you massages when you ask? yes

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? yes

Buy his/her own clothes?! yes (but usually I buy him clothes because I have better taste. lol)

Notice the dust? no

Take the children off so you have some free time? yes

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? hmmmm I do most of the planning activity-wise

Open his/her post? yes

Do any paperwork ever? yes
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? Yes

Cook for you? Yes every night

Go food shopping? Yes we go together

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? sometimes

Buy his/her own clothes?! we go together

Notice the dust? Yes and cleans it

Take the children off so you have some free time? n/a

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? if i ask him to

Open his/her post? yes

Do any paperwork ever? Yes
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home?

Yes, he does. He helps out a lot.
    Cook for you?
    Yes he does. He is a great cook as well.

Go food shopping?
    Yes, we do it together most of the time.

Give you massages when you ask?
    Of course

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome?
    He tells me this and more EVERYDAY

Buy his/her own clothes?!
    LOL, Only when I tell him he needs to get something. Most of the time I throw it in the cart and tell him he can't complain.

Notice the dust?
    Actually he doesn't.

Take the children off so you have some free time?
    Yes, he actually has me lock myself in the bedroom, and he has father/daughter time

Arrange anything or is it all left to you?
    He helps with this as well.

Open his/her post?
    We both do.

Do any paperwork ever?
    YES!!!
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home? NO WAY

Cook for you? Yes

Go food shopping? Sometimes, we usually go together tho

Give you massages when you ask? NEVER

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome? Sometimes

Buy his/her own clothes?! Yeah

Notice the dust? Nope

Take the children off so you have some free time? Ha! Yeah right!

Arrange anything or is it all left to you? I arrange everything, I do cards, bday and christmas presents, parties, ect

Open his/her post? Not sure what this is?

Do any paperwork ever? Nope he gets bills in the mail and throws them away :grumble:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options

Does your other half:

Do an equal share of the housework when he/she is home?
    When we both work, we alternate between dishes, cooking, ironing and cleaning the bathroom. I will always do the vacuuming, dusting and the laundry.
    Currently since I am at home I do everything in the home, he will load up the dish washer and clean the bathroom from time to time :flowerforyou:

Cook for you?
    Some times and he is a very good cook :)

Go food shopping?
    Yes, when ever I ask him too. Other than that we usually go together.

Give you massages when you ask?
    Yes, but I give him even when he doesn't ask. Not balanced :grumble:

Tell you you are beautiful/handsome?
    Yes, all the time :smooched: :smooched:

Buy his/her own clothes?!
    We go together for clothes, unless it is a surprise :blushing:

Notice the dust?
    Yes he does, he is highly allergic to dust.

Take the children off so you have some free time?
    No kids

Arrange anything or is it all left to you?
    We both make arrangement's, I am more of a planner and he is the implementer.

Open his/her post?
    He takes care of all the mail, I hate getting mail

Do any paperwork ever?
    Yes, I read over everything to make sure it is done properly.