what movie still scares the crap out of you?

Options

Replies

• monkeymouse74
    Options
    I forgot to add the character Hellraiser..:blushing:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    The Haunting. Not that nineties Liam Neeson travesty, but the old 1963 original version with Claire Bloom and Julie Harris. It's still scary today, showed it to a younger relative who didn't think it would be scary because it's an old black and white film. She told me later it really freaked her out hehee.

That is in the top 3 of my favorite movies of all time. I may pop it in now and watch it. I love "the hand" scene. So creapy. I hate the newer version. They ruined a great story with stupid special effects that obviously weren't needed. Have you read the book? I read it in Jr high.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Oh and Rosemary's Baby, that's pretty scary. Also The Omen.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Stephen King's IT.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen the Korean movie "A Tale of Two Sisters?" One scene that still scares me is when they're having a dinner party and the woman sees the "thing" under the sink. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

I love that film, The Uninvited is pretty cool two but no justice to the original.

LOVE Tale of Two Sisters, hated Uninvited. I am in the minority I watch ALOT of horror and little scares me ( I guess I jaded myself lol) Most recent that stands out is Martyrs, (yes I did watch alone and in the dark, only way to watch a horror movie) I did have issues getting to sleep after that one but only on that first night. No issues since. Honorable mentions Audition and Inside.
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen the Korean movie "A Tale of Two Sisters?" One scene that still scares me is when they're having a dinner party and the woman sees the "thing" under the sink. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

I love that film, The Uninvited is pretty cool two but no justice to the original.

LOVE Tale of Two Sisters, hated Uninvited. I am in the minority I watch ALOT of horror and little scares me ( I guess I jaded myself lol) Most recent that stands out is Martyrs, (yes I did watch alone and in the dark, only way to watch a horror movie) I did have issues getting to sleep after that one but only on that first night. No issues since. Honorable mentions Audition and Inside.

Audition is one of my favourite films. The torture scene is so much better than any film the west has ever made. Still though I didnt find it scary, it was gross tho.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Silence Of The Lambs.... Oh, that was so scary because you know there are really nuts like that out there!!!!!

Same here!! Actually, this movie refers to the book, which is based on five real-life serial-killers!!!
  • nette_65
    nette_65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OMG yes Jaws!
    saw it when it was first released, still can't watch the part where the head comes outta the boat!!!
    lol
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    "It" based off of Stephen Kings book. Clowns are TERRIFYING!!!!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Exorcist, I saw it when I was probably 12 at the drive in (yes, I said drive in) , and I refuse to watch it again.

I also hate any movie where the people crawl around on the ceiling, like in the Grudge. Totally freaks my *kitten* out!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Exorcist, I saw it when I was probably 12 at the drive in (yes, I said drive in) , and I refuse to watch it again.

I also hate any movie where the people crawl around on the ceiling, like in the Grudge. Totally freaks my *kitten* out!

And by the way, "THANKS" for making me think about that, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight! ha ha ha
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Audition is one of my favourite films. The torture scene is so much better than any film the west has ever made. Still though I didnt find it scary, it was gross tho.
    [/quote]

Exactly not so much scary as disturbing. I have yet to see a movie that has scared or disturbed me to the point I refuse to rewatch it.
  • tiff200782
    Options
    no movie that I can think of now, but the TV show "Unsolved Mysteries" used ti scared the scrap out of me.

bahaha i know right! the host guy's voice and the music they played...ALWAYS freaked me out too!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    no movie that I can think of now, but the TV show "Unsolved Mysteries" used ti scared the scrap out of me.

bahaha i know right! the host guy's voice and the music they played...ALWAYS freaked me out too!
    I thought the guys voice was creepy too and I agree about the music. I always had to change the channel when they played the music---but then I would switch it back to watch it when I thought the song would be over:laugh: ...
  • geistmadl
    Options
    Anything with Vincent Price or Bela Lugosi or Boris Karloff. :)
  • mariekphillips21
    Options
    It. Yup. Clowns scare the *kitten* out of me lol

Oh that and Paranormal Activity [the 1st]. I can't go to sleep without having my feet covered and the light on :)

Agreed. It, didn't even watch all of it. I hate clowns too!
  • Vjb2525
    Vjb2525 Posts: 67
    Options
    Anything that has Michael Myers in it! Serious!
  • liesl78
    liesl78 Posts: 35
    Options
    "ET"

For reals, that little alien scares the crap outta me, always has!

As a kid, I still insisted on trying to watch it ... I'd build a fort out of pillow and barricade myself in, with a little peephole to view the terror.

*shudders*

Thank you!!!! I thought I was the only one!
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It. Yup. Clowns scare the *kitten* out of me lol

Oh that and Paranormal Activity [the 1st]. I can't go to sleep without having my feet covered and the light on :)
    I was seriously thinking about IT last night.. lol
    There was a hair in the drain, it reminded me of clown hair.. I was to scared to pull it up. Child hood fears.
    6 year olds should not watch that nonsense.

Omg I hate that movie, I avoid walking in front of (I think they're called) runoff drains in the street.

Also, Pet Cemetary freaks me out, and 13 ghosts. And, I will not watch any of the Saw movies because just the previews freak me out lol.
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    gremlins!!!