what movie still scares the crap out of you?

Options

Replies

• DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The Labrynth, the one with David Bowie. Infact, not only does the film still creep me out but Im still also scared of david bowie....pathetic eh??? lol x
  • jillvent
    Options
    The Strangers really freaked me out.. mostly because that whole scenario has always been my worst nightmare! I had a stomach ache after watching it in the theater.. and I still think I'm going to hear a slow knock on the door late at night...
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love "horror" films, if there is still such a genre these days - I sat and watched Saw (first one - refuse to watch the others as the first one sucked!!!) on my own and was very disapointed in it - seen both the Hostels and they were a bit dull, but amusing - horror just tends to make me laugh - you want a semi decent messed-up horror-ish film, try Event Horizon, thats good!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Halloween 3---the sound activated chips in Halloween masks melt your face and bugs and snakes crawl out.
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The Labrynth, the one with David Bowie. Infact, not only does the film still creep me out but Im still also scared of david bowie....pathetic eh??? lol x

Ha! I've been thinking the same thing the entire time I've been reading this thread. His pants in that movie are pretty frightening. :sick:
  • xoxcuppiexox
    xoxcuppiexox Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Arachnophobia! I'm good with blood, guts, and gore but when it comes to a little bitty spider, I freak the eff out O.O
  • brindlechewy
    Options
    I've seen literally thousands of 'scary' movies but not one has lived up to the name. Can anyone suggest any that will scare me, I'm dying for a good nightmare :)

It's pretty old and cheesy by today's standards, but I'd recommend "Threads." I'm sure that you can find the entire thing on youtube if you search "threads uk" or "threads 1984." It's a depiction of a nuclear war and its aftermath, and it's one of the few movies that's made me feel truly chilled and sick to my stomach.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Salems Lot ... I watched this movie when I was about 8 ..think it scared me for life .. Haha.. Yikes vampires !!
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options

i completely agree! who ever wrote that was on ACID for sure! weird and scary mind Fck movie!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Helter Skelter, the documentary about the Charles Manson murders....I watched it when I was a kid. I was scared for YEARS and the thought of all that still scares me!
  • DellG85
    Options

Ha! I've been thinking the same thing the entire time I've been reading this thread. His pants in that movie are pretty frightening. :sick:

hahahahaha yup....and jeeeeeeeeez that hair, is there really any need??? :)
  • DellG85
    Options

i completely agree! who ever wrote that was on ACID for sure! weird and scary mind Fck movie!

hahahaha Im pleased I'm not the only one. My family still take the mick out of me because when I was a kid, my mam would put it on and I'd hide behind the sofa and cry hahahaha.... how cruel please? lol x
  • DellG85
    Options
    Arachnophobia! I'm good with blood, guts, and gore but when it comes to a little bitty spider, I freak the eff out O.O

Yes! I totally agree!! I was about 9 or 10 when I watched that and I didnt sleep for weeks!! My fear of spiders started with that film!!!

Oh, and what was that other one that was a similar concept with a monkey instead of a spider? Outbreak, was it? That also freaked me out!! x
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The grudge! My husband and I were not back to normal after that movie....ever!

Same here, but my fiance finds it hilarious to make the guttural throaty sound imitating the Grudge and it makes me completely flip out at him. :explode:
  • brindlechewy
    Options

hahahaha Im pleased I'm not the only one. My family still take the mick out of me because when I was a kid, my mam would put it on and I'd hide behind the sofa and cry hahahaha.... how cruel please? lol x

"You remind me of the babe...":laugh:
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Fire in the Sky ....man that movie still creeps me out
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Silence Of The Lambs!!! My younger brother will still call me and say...." Hey Wen, turn to channel so and so" when it's on!! Jerk!!

Oh, and Children Of The Corn .....
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    The original "Dawn of the Dead". Great movie...still the best zombie flick.

30+ years ago I worked 40 hour weekend shifts in a downtown hospital. They let me sleep at night and gave me a room in a part of the old hospital that was only used for storage. When I got called, I had to cross over to the main hospital through a tunnel. It was not easy sleeping in that old hospital section after watching Dawn of the Dead. I knew that must have been a lot of people who died there. By today's standards, Dawn is mild but it was a movie I wished I had never seen.
  • brindlechewy
    Options
    The original "Dawn of the Dead". Great movie...still the best zombie flick.

30+ years ago I worked 40 hour weekend shifts in a downtown hospital. They let me sleep at night and gave me a room in a part of the old hospital that was only used for storage. When I got called, I had to cross over to the main hospital through a tunnel. It was not easy sleeping in that old hospital section after watching Dawn of the Dead. I knew that must have been a lot of people who died there. By today's standards, Dawn is mild but it was a movie I wished I had never seen.

Wow, that reminds me of the scene in "28 Days Later" when the characters are travelling through the tunnel and they suddenly hear a pack of infected people behind them. Uggggh, it gives me chills just thinking about it!
  • brindlechewy
    Options
    Has anyone seen the Korean movie "A Tale of Two Sisters?" One scene that still scares me is when they're having a dinner party and the woman sees the "thing" under the sink. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.