what movie still scares the crap out of you?

Options

Replies

• gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The Cell
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hi im christina im 32 and im afraid of going up the stairs in the dark

Lmao! I am 31 and I run up the basement stairs.
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    I am afraid of a lot of movies already mentioned, but I'm really afraid of a Disney movie...it's called watcher in the woods, with Bette Davis, it scares the hell out of me even still.
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    Any movie that has someone or thing race towards the camera. Freaks me the *kitten* out

OMG me too!! Like the scene in the basement in The House on Haunted Hill when she is video taping. I screamed like a 6 year old!

Lol! I screamed too, in the theatre!! Ahaha this thread is kind of funny.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When a stranger calls (1979) <--- omg, i used to freak out back when i used to babysit as a kid over this movie. Anyone seen it?

LOVE that movie!! Amazing! So spine chilling.. Only problem is, after the first 20 or so minutes, to me it's over :P I always say it feels like the beginning is the amazing first one, and the rest is the boring made-for-TV sequel that bombed lol
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    forgot about are you afraid of the dark. the ring i was watching by myself at a persons house i was petsitting for. i made hubby drive from 20 minutes over to spend the night with me.
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    Human centerpede, I can't stomach watching part 2.
  • sowhatsowhat
    Options
    I have seen to many how they make scary movies to where they dont scare me, I may jump when something out of nowhere flies out. Now, "Faces of Death" all of the versions freak me out a bit. I remember seeing a midnight showing several years ago. It was my first time seeing it, I had a big ole thing of popcorn. Yeah, I didnt finish the popcorn, lost my appetite pretty quick.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    pretty much ALL scary movies scare the crap out of me. I usually only watch them at home while peeking out around a pillow. Freddy Kruger.... to this day I can not see him without hiding my eyes.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The Changeling. It is a movie from 1980 about a man who rents a haunted house. I saw it when I was a little kid and it really scared me. There is just something creepy about it.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Watership Down upset me so much when I was a kid. I can't watch it as an adult.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The Serpent and the Rainbow.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Blue Gold .. World Water Wars, the documentary. If THAT doesn't scare the crap outta ya .. nothing will!

http://www.filmsforaction.org/Watch/Blue_Gold_World_Water_Wars_2008/
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist, Amytiville Horror and Blair Witch...

We used to go camping A LOT in a tent and now everytime we go I think I am going to wake up to little bundles of sticks outside my tent in the morning.....

Ahh, Blair Witch scared me when I first saw it. That last scene was really creepy. And I always think about it when we go camping too.

When I was 18, my boyfriend, who was a Marine, and I went camping in the mountains. We got there about dusk, set up our tent, fixed our dinner, ate...it got dark. We crawled into the tent. We were laying there and he goes, "What's wrong?" Me: "Nothing" Him: "What are you listening to?" Me: "Nothing?" Him "Why aren't you breathing?" Me: "Why aren't you breathing?' Him: "I'm listening?" " To What?" Him " did you ever see The Hills Have Eyes?" 15 minutes of both of us asking the other one what they were listening to and we bailed out of the tent, threw everything into the trunk of the car and found a motel!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist, Amytiville Horror and Blair Witch...

We used to go camping A LOT in a tent and now everytime we go I think I am going to wake up to little bundles of sticks outside my tent in the morning.....

Ahh, Blair Witch scared me when I first saw it. That last scene was really creepy. And I always think about it when we go camping too.

When I was 18, my boyfriend, who was a Marine, and I went camping in the mountains. We got there about dusk, set up our tent, fixed our dinner, ate...it got dark. We crawled into the tent. We were laying there and he goes, "What's wrong?" Me: "Nothing" Him: "What are you listening to?" Me: "Nothing?" Him "Why aren't you breathing?" Me: "Why aren't you breathing?' Him: "I'm listening?" " To What?" Him " did you ever see The Hills Have Eyes?" 15 minutes of both of us asking the other one what they were listening to and we bailed out of the tent, threw everything into the trunk of the car and found a motel!

LOL
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    War of the Worlds. The sounds that the alien machines make...the people in the cages screaming when the aliens are about to harvest another human...the basement scene. *shudder*

Jeepers Creepers...that was the last horror movie I watched. I can't handle them at all.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    this may sound weird coz this is not a horror film --- mine is FREE WILLY hahahah
    i had a nightmare when i was younger about killer whales then seen that film n cried for about a week, haha the bit where the wee guy is in the under water veiwing area n the whale swims up in the dark n makes the whale noise gives me the FEAR!!! hahahaha x
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    ""Watership Down upset me so much when I was a kid. I can't watch it as an adult"""

this film tramatised me as well, those evil rabbits where some scary stuff lol x
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've seen literally thousands of 'scary' movies but not one has lived up to the name. Can anyone suggest any that will scare me, I'm dying for a good nightmare :)
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    For some reason, "Nightmare on Elm Street." It's a cheesy movie but it's something about him coming to kill you in your dreams. :indifferent:

Agree with you - also didnt help that when I was about 7 or 8 my brother would take me to the video shop and purposefully show me the cover with Freddy Krueger on it, used to scare the crap out of me - he just freaks me out now!