Black Team Challenge Week 11

Options

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Bobbi - I am still on Week 1 (supposed to start Week 2 today) and am really hurting.. I have this strange pain in my right hip that gets much worse after I walk/jog.. feels much better when I am swimming:happy: :happy: . Push through it, OK, but only if it doesn't drop me to the floor.. :laugh: :laugh:

Janie,No she would say push through it. I say if it hurts bad enough rest it, ice it, stretch it out.
    Marla, Yay for sleep
    Amanda, Glad you shed a few more.
    Sam, To freaking awesome.

:heart:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to confess.

*sigh*

I haven't been to the gym in over nine days. When they put the heart monitor thing on and said; sleep as little as possible, I lost all energy. I tried going to the gym twice during that time but I just couldn't move. Since they removed the monitor I've just been feeling horrible. No energy, no stamina, no desire to do anything but sleep. I made a decision to let my body rest and was going to return to working out this weekend but then I hurt my foot Friday, and now that they're putting the monitor back on tomorrow and I'll be in no sleep mode again I'm afraid I won't be back in the gym for awhile. I mean, what's the point of going there just to struggle through the easiest little tasks? Argh.

Anyway, this is a very conscious decision I'm making not to workout until their little using me as guinea pig thing is over. And I'm sorry. :frown: I'm being very careful with my food intake but I still feel like I'm being bad.

I probably won't be posting much. My computer has crapped out. It starts sometimes but it's very unreliable and it's hard sometimes to get online at work. Besides which I've been in a really dark mood lately and wouldn't have much to say besides :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :yawn: :yawn: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

You guys take care, I'll see you again Weds for weigh in.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    (((HUGS))) Nicki! I hope things get easier for you very, very soon! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicky-- you take care-- worry about getting your health straightened out. That's more important.

Curse those flippin' pastries. So I went to the grocery store and bought "the kids" some "day old" half price pastries from the bakery-- apple turnovers, crumb cake, cinnamon twists-- vowing that I would come home, let the little darlings eat up and come here to crow in pride about my self-control in abstaining from the delectable morsels-- puh. Crash and burn, my friends, crash and burn.

Oh well-- onward through the day I go. That is now my lunch (and a yummy one at that ) I plan on running in a bit, and then only have a wee bit of typing later. Since hubby's gone, we decided that a lighter typing schedule, even though it HURTS us financially, is in order-- times have been so hard when my typing load remains the same in his absence. So, good news/bad news-- good news, I'm enjoying a lovely respite from work these past couple days-- bad news, we're going to get slammed on payday-- big time. Sighhh.

Oh well-- into every life a little rain must fall, eh? :noway:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Nicky - hang in there, my dear. *hugs* We're here for you if you need us! I want to hear about your dr. appointment!!! You can do this! You've done so well so far!

Sam - awesome! I would love to see a shuttle launch some day!

Marla - Pastries are the devil. I hope payday doesn't hurt you too much. Is hubby out with your dd for more golf stuff?

Janie - Don't go too crazy with pushing through! Remember to listen to your body!

Amanda - Yay for the p-word to have you down a bit! I hope it sticks!!! It is so nice to see that halfway point broken!

Good morning, Bobbi! I loved the pic of you out running! So cute!

I got out & exercised with the kids a bit today. An hour at the playground! Spring is almost here! YAY! I also did spinning today for the first time. Thanks a lot, Sam! :laugh: It kicked my booty! The instructor rocked, though so I think I'm going to try it a couple more weeks & after that if my *kitten* still hurts this much, I'm not going back & you can't make me! :bigsmile: We're having a great day here & I'm hoping that after naptime it keeps up! Sometimes they just melt down after naps for some stupid reason. *shakes head*

Have a lovely Monday!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Sam - I just saw the new av! You are looking great, woman! Keep it up!
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Nicky, The most important thing is your health. You can't really do anything until that is straightened out.:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Sarah, Glad you got to go outside with the kiddos. I always wondered why my girls went into melt down mode after naps. :ohwell:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Sarah, Glad you got to go outside with the kiddos. I always wondered why my girls went into melt down mode after naps. :ohwell:

I simply don't get it! I never get a good morning & a good afternoon. It is one or the other. OR, worse case scenerio, a good am for ONE/bad am for ONE & vice versa after naps. Plus, throw in the baby & her mini meltdowns & then we have a lovely day. :grumble: So weird how a silly thing like a NAP (which us adults cherish) can make a 3 year old/2 year old SO grouchy! Glad it isn't just my kids, though!
  • jimswmn
    Options

I simply don't get it! I never get a good morning & a good afternoon. It is one or the other. OR, worse case scenerio, a good am for ONE/bad am for ONE & vice versa after naps. Plus, throw in the baby & her mini meltdowns & then we have a lovely day. :grumble: So weird how a silly thing like a NAP (which us adults cherish) can make a 3 year old/2 year old SO grouchy! Glad it isn't just my kids, though!

I'm living proof, you will survive.:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

Okay, Sara-- your turn...somebody hold her down-- LOL--

Nahhh-- just kidding. I remember the trials of having three kids, three and under-- whoa. Interesting stuff, and no teenage kids to help out.

Hang in there, woman!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Nahhh-- just kidding. I remember the trials of having three kids, three and under-- whoa. Interesting stuff, and no teenage kids to help out.

Hang in there, woman!

Bring it, Marla! At least if I end up in the hospital, I'd get a good night's rest! :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

Hang in there, woman!

Bring it, Marla! At least if I end up in the hospital, I'd get a good night's rest! :laugh:

Not necessarily, sweetie-- remember my childbirth story??? Roommate from hell?

Me thinks you're better off right where you are.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I don't know. Where I am smells of poop right now. :grumble: and most of the hospitals in this area are private rooms. Spoiled Ohioans.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

And Sarah - Um. Ew. :frown:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks guys.

And Sarah - Um. Ew. :frown:

Nicky, I'm sure Sara didn't mean she was typing in the bafroom-- um, did you-- uh, Sara? 0453.gif
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LOL no! I was typing in my kitchen & 2 little boys with stinky tushies came out to greet me. They already smell like boys. *gag*
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just peeking in to say a quick hi before 24 comes on.

Had an awesome workout today of C25K and kickboxing. I'm exhausted, but I feel great :bigsmile:

Will catch y'all later!

:heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening all,

Decent day today. 1200 cals in my morning work out and went out for my c25k this evening. Didn't make it all the way through. Not because the running was hard... I am just starting to discover some of the things that runners have to deal with and without giving TMI I should be fine the next time I give it a shot. lol.

Anyway,

The DW is a black team stalker and loves reading our posts so I am making her join the black team. So feel free to tell her she is no longer aloud creep about without posting lol :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    BETH - STOP CREEPING! POST SOMETHING, WOMAN! Welcome to the black team! :heart: *whispers* How was that, Andrew? :bigsmile:

Shuntae - Good job on the workout! That's pretty awesome!