Real women have curves - curves do not equal rolls

Options

Replies

• FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I agree! And, like others have said... I would love to upgrade my lumpy curves for her!! lol

Has anyone paid attention to Healthy is the New Skinny. You can visit www.healthyisthenewskinny.com

BEAUTIFUL women with curves!!... models considered plus size at size 10. Kinda crazy but they are making strides to bring a message of health, joy, and responsibility to the beauty and the fashion industries.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's fair to say real women have curves, not every woman is blessed with boobs (me) or wide hips and a booty.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    OH F.F.S. HOW ABOUT WE STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHAT IS "BEAUTIFUL" OR WHAT QUALIFIES AS A "REAL WOMAN" AND INSTEAD WORK ON BEING LESS VAPID. HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF DEFINING SOMEONE BY THEIR SIZE WE JUDGE THEM BY CHARACTER AND ACTIONS? STOP WORRYING ABOUT HOW OTHERS LOOK AND FOCUS ON WHY YOU PERCIEVE THEM AS LESS THAN WORTHY OF LOVE, AFFECTION, COMPASSION AND RESPECT. THEN YOU WILL DO THE WORLD A SERVICE BY REMOVING THE JUDGMENT YOU PLACE ON OTHERS. IT MAY EVEN HELP YOU VIEW YOURSELF WITH LOVE AND HELP YOU CHANGE THE WORLD AROUND YOU.
    END RANT.

Amen. I :heart: you, Sarah!!!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You tell 'em Sarah.

*kitten* you guys, I'm Team Sarah.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    This is what I think of by "real women have curves"
    She has a booty, she has boobs and is in great shape!
    There doesn't have to be one extreme or another.

Damn, I guess I can't be a real woman, or even know if I do have a curvy shape (you know, from that time when I was a real woman) because I am so extreme and have rolls. Really? This is not helpful to people. What is helpful is being able to find something about yourself that you love and can embrace. If you can love your curves, rolls or rollercoasters, way to go. Otherwise, please quit telling me what I can call them and that I should feel worse than I already to for what I have.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    OH F.F.S. HOW ABOUT WE STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHAT IS "BEAUTIFUL" OR WHAT QUALIFIES AS A "REAL WOMAN" AND INSTEAD WORK ON BEING LESS VAPID. HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF DEFINING SOMEONE BY THEIR SIZE WE JUDGE THEM BY CHARACTER AND ACTIONS? STOP WORRYING ABOUT HOW OTHERS LOOK AND FOCUS ON WHY YOU PERCIEVE THEM AS LESS THAN WORTHY OF LOVE, AFFECTION, COMPASSION AND RESPECT. THEN YOU WILL DO THE WORLD A SERVICE BY REMOVING THE JUDGMENT YOU PLACE ON OTHERS. IT MAY EVEN HELP YOU VIEW YOURSELF WITH LOVE AND HELP YOU CHANGE THE WORLD AROUND YOU.
    END RANT.
    Thank you!
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    END RANT.

Amen. I :heart: you, Sarah!!!

EXACTY!!!! :drinker:
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    no offense ...

who are you to judge what a real woman has

You intent may not have been to hurt peoples feelings or bring them down.....again ....try to think a bit about the words you use before giving your opinion but again this is only my opinion so take it for what its worth
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Real women don't hang out with Yankees players.

^^^^^^ THIS!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Real women have curves.
    Real women have rolls.
    Real women have muscles.
    Real women have bones visible.
    Real women have all kinds of bodies.

We are all REAL women. (except the guys on MFP... you're real men.)
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm Peter Pan and threads like these make me feel like *kitten*. Thanks.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options

YOu are not!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Real women have curves.
    Real women have rolls.
    Real women have muscles.

WORD.

I'm so sick of all this hating on women's bodies. GET OVER IT.
  • erikastarryiz
    erikastarryiz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    END RANT.

exactly.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    END RANT.

exactly.

and, for once, the all caps is used PERFECTLY!!! YES! YES! YES!

Now.

Moving on.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    but, also, real women can be very thin, some people naturally are. All women are real women regardless of their body size and shape.

This. Even as someone who HAS curves, I find the phrase 'real women have curves' pretty offensive.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

I have decided my goal body is Peter Pan. :flowerforyou:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Dammit, I am so sick of women being defined by their body shape. How come real men are defined by their attitudes / behaviours & not their body shape?

Here here!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Real women have curves.
    Real women have rolls.
    Real women have muscles.

EXACTLY. Do you have a vagina? Then congrats, you're a real woman, regardless of what your body looks like.
  • erikastarryiz
    erikastarryiz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "What's your reality? It isn't real to me. What's your anomaly? That is my destiny." ~violent femmes :)