Real women have curves - curves do not equal rolls

Options
This is what I think of by "real women have curves"
She has a booty, she has boobs and is in great shape!
There doesn't have to be one extreme or another.

JessicaBiel.jpg

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I also heard somewhere that "curves" on women mean she has a defined waist, with larger hips and bust. If you're obese, most likely your waist has been lost.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Those are the kind of curves I'm trying to upgrade to. My old curves were too lumpy. :-)
  • Psychomasokism
    Psychomasokism Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    aaand this is exactly what I've been saying for years, lol.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    but, also, real women can be very thin, some people naturally are. All women are real women regardless of their body size and shape.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    While I totally agree with what you're saying and I would LOVE to look like Jessica, at my height I don't think I would ever look that "slender" unless I got way below my goal weight. I have a shorter waist and legs. Anyhow, she looks great and she looks healthy. You can definitely see that she has kept her body trim and in shape with hard work....not starvation. But it makes me feel a little better to think that she might still have a teeny tiny belly roll when she's sitting down. LOL!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I think this can be a problematic phrase. I know many pencil-shaped women, and they will never have curves nor the coveted hourglass figure, regardless of weight.

I'm lucky enough to have been blessed with an hourglass, so I can't know what that feels like from experience, but I prefer to think that "real" women come in all shapes and sizes! Rolls definitely aren't healthy, this is true. :)
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I agree!

I hate ad campaigns that celebrate "real women" but still show unhealthy, obese women. Dove soap comes to mind.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Those are the kind of curves I'm trying to upgrade to. My old curves were too lumpy. :-)
    Amen!

I would LOVE to have a body like hers!!!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

JessicaBiel.jpg

She also has a wedgie...ha ha
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    vxymnc.jpg

I have been saying this for years, why has noone listened to me?
    Curves is a body shape... not size!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you.

I have a friend who tries SO HARD to gain weight. She is naturally very slender & hates it bc she's been picked on her entire life for it.

I don't have an hour glass shape myself. My chest is too small & my waist isn't narrow enough.

Kylie, you said it right.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Personally I think the entire phrase is offensive. I know some girls who are tiny with extremly fast metabolisms. They wish they could gain weight because of people saying things like "Real women have curves". Real women are women who respect themselves.

saw somebody already mentioned this,but I still stand by it.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I agree!

I hate ad campaigns that celebrate "real women" but still show unhealthy, obese women. Dove soap comes to mind.

I don't know that I would consider any one of the women on the Dove commercials "obese." They're probably more at the higher end of their BMI.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have curves when I stand up. I have rolls when I sit down.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you.

I have a friend who tries SO HARD to gain weight. She is naturally very slender & hates it bc she's been picked on her entire life for it.

I don't have an hour glass shape myself. My chest is too small & my waist isn't narrow enough.

Kylie, you said it right.

Wanna trade?
    My chest is too big it gives me back pains :grumble:
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like she has a wedgie.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

JessicaBiel.jpg

She also has a wedgie...ha ha

Why yes... yes she does...
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I agree!

I don't know that I would consider any one of the women on the Dove commercials "obese." They're probably more at the higher end of their BMI.

This.^^^^^

I particularly enjoy the Dove ads and think they're beautiful.
  • shazzam05
    Options
    Dammit, I am so sick of women being defined by their body shape. How come real men are defined by their attitudes / behaviours & not their body shape?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I agree!

I agree...none of them are obese. They just aren't the "Hollywood" version of what women should be. The whole point of their ads is to give a healthy body image and not one that says everybody needs to be a size 0 to be considered attractive.