Real women have curves - curves do not equal rolls

Options

Replies

• chicago_dad
    Options
    If you're not sure there's a qualitative and quantitative difference between what Cosmo et al tell women they "should" look like to be "attractive," and what men and women tend to actually find attractive, try comparing images from women's fashion magazines to what guys actually look at for, eh hem, pleasure. check out p0rn. Asn an example, do a google image search on "gianna michaels" (just sayin)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness... I think first you have to realize the whole BMI scale is a joke.

<--- I'm considered obese.

Yes, this is what I was thinking.

As for blaming men, that is also a joke. The standard of beauty isn't decided by them. It is decided by the fashion industry. News Flash: The fashion industry is run mostly by women (ok, and gay men, but they don't count in this conversation because we are making an assumption/claim about men who are sexually attracted to women) . Women are constantly judging themselves and others because we are brainwashed from the time we are still little girls by magazines, advertisements, and what we see on TV and in the movies. We think we are supposed to look just like those women. Well, those people are airbrushed, they starve themselves, do drugs, have the best personal trainers, etc. THOSE are not representatives of "real women."

If you showed men a picture of "fat" Britney Spears and asked them what they thought of her body, they'd think it was great. Men loved the women of Hollywood in the Golden Age, but by today's standard they are overweight. Sure, there are some guys out there who like that rail thin look. Sure, there are men who treat their women like crap and berate them for carrying that extra 10 pounds. But those guys aren't representative of most men. To blame them for the current unrealistic standards of beauty is ridiculous and ignorant.

Sure, some extra weight is unhealthy, but let's be clear here. A woman who has a teeny little roll sometimes when she sits down isn't overweight. She's normal. If you disagree, you are probably brainwashed. You better check yo self before you wreck yo self.

Yeah! Check before you wreck!

Are you pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?!
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have curves when I stand up. I have rolls when I sit down.

Hah! This made me chuckle.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    If you're not sure there's a qualitative and quantitative difference between what Cosmo et al tell women they "should" look like to be "attractive," and what men and women tend to actually find attractive, try comparing images from women's fashion magazines to what guys actually look at for, eh hem, pleasure. check out p0rn. As an example, do a google image search on "gianna michaels" (just sayin)

gianna+michaels.+098.jpg
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Personally I think the entire phrase is offensive. I know some girls who are tiny with extremly fast metabolisms. They wish they could gain weight because of people saying things like "Real women have curves". Real women are women who respect themselves.

saw somebody already mentioned this,but I still stand by it.

Yes
    And I do fully support loving yourself
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness... I think first you have to realize the whole BMI scale is a joke.

<--- I'm considered obese.

Yes, this is what I was thinking.

As for blaming men, that is also a joke. The standard of beauty isn't decided by them. It is decided by the fashion industry. News Flash: The fashion industry is run mostly by women (ok, and gay men, but they don't count in this conversation because we are making an assumption/claim about men who are sexually attracted to women) . Women are constantly judging themselves and others because we are brainwashed from the time we are still little girls by magazines, advertisements, and what we see on TV and in the movies. We think we are supposed to look just like those women. Well, those people are airbrushed, they starve themselves, do drugs, have the best personal trainers, etc. THOSE are not representatives of "real women."

If you showed men a picture of "fat" Britney Spears and asked them what they thought of her body, they'd think it was great. Men loved the women of Hollywood in the Golden Age, but by today's standard they are overweight. Sure, there are some guys out there who like that rail thin look. Sure, there are men who treat their women like crap and berate them for carrying that extra 10 pounds. But those guys aren't representative of most men. To blame them for the current unrealistic standards of beauty is ridiculous and ignorant.

Sure, some extra weight is unhealthy, but let's be clear here. A woman who has a teeny little roll sometimes when she sits down isn't overweight. She's normal. If you disagree, you are probably brainwashed. You better check yo self before you wreck yo self.

Yeah! Check before you wreck!

Are you pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?!
    Werd. This thread is wiggidy wiggidy wack, yo.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    What is an unreal woman & what would she have?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The perfect woman is the one that I hope someday to fall in love with.
    Until then almost perfect ones come in a variety of heights,shapes,sizes and weights and still are healthy and pleasing to the eye.
  • meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BC98C135-DAAB-D239-0A0C41BE792DB9F7.jpg

Holly Willoughby is my curvy inspiration.
    She's a UK 12 and looks stunning all the time!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    but, also, real women can be very thin, some people naturally are. All women are real women regardless of their body size and shape.

^^^
    THIS!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    <
    is a real woman and is currently fat... just because I have rolls does not mean I am no less a woman.
  • petalrose
    petalrose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    best post on this thread, isn't that what we are all here for anyway, for support to become healthy ALL WOMEN no matter shape size height etc. and also the men too.Woman is a woman no matter size and man is a man no matter the size.Size and shape is not what makes a person less of anything, but the way they act in life sure does.
  • petalrose
    petalrose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I always thought real women had vaginas...there are millions of amazing, world changing women and putting them into a "box" is very unwomanly...mayne instead of judging and hating each other we should unite and uplift each other to be healthy and confident! VAGINAS UNITE

THIS IS THE POST I WAS TALKING ABOUT :smile:
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I guess I never classified Jessica Beals as being curvy, I always thought of her as being athletic and fit. When I think of curvy Hollywood starlets Salma Hayeck, J-lo, Beyonce and Scarlett Johanssen come to mind.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Just got to read all these...and I hope people realize the sarcasm behind real women have curves

I myself do not have an hour glass figure. My chest is too small & my waist isn't narrow enough.
    As someone else pointed out, its the annoyance of making being unhealthy ok. I was not curvy at my high weight, I was fat...my then 3y.o. knew that. "Mommy, that doesn't look very nice"
    Now there are circumstances where I've seen women work so hard & they have health problems that cause weight loss very problematic.
    Also, I fully 100% support loving yourself...I wouldn't have gained weight in the first place if I hadn't turned to junk food to make me feel better...I wouldn't have gained weight if I liked myself enough to take care of myself.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread I am so glad I have a loving husband who loves my curves and my rolls and thinks I am a real women even though I am obese. I dream of looking like one of the Dove Women. He just wants me to be healthy, no matter what the weight.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Those are my kind of curves. Can't wait to have some.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    'Real' women doesnt have to have curves, some people don't have curves.

^^ This.

My measurements are 32-24-31 with a 26 inch navel. I am straight up and down like a boy. I fit into boys clothes better than womens. But I definitely have a vagina.

My body is just not built curvy. At no point in my life have I ever had a waist, or hips, or a butt, or decently sized boobs. Not when I was overweight, not when I was a normal weight, not now I'm underweight. This is just me, I do not have curves. My body, however, is muscular and strong, and can look feminine when I can be bothered for it to look that way.

Real women are unique and that's the end of it.
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I also heard somewhere that "curves" on women mean she has a defined waist, with larger hips and bust. If you're obese, most likely your waist has been lost.

I am obese. I totally agree I have a few extra "curves" that what is implied; however, my waist is almost 20 inches smaller than my hips (yes I am a pear). I love my figure..just working on the extra curves :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Ok but would she still be *kitten* material if she was an A or B instead of double F or whatever she is. We're talking about overall body size and shape, not just breasts.
    If you're not sure there's a qualitative and quantitative difference between what Cosmo et al tell women they "should" look like to be "attractive," and what men and women tend to actually find attractive, try comparing images from women's fashion magazines to what guys actually look at for, eh hem, pleasure. check out p0rn. As an example, do a google image search on "gianna michaels" (just sayin)

gianna+michaels.+098.jpg