Real women have curves - curves do not equal rolls

Options

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I also heard somewhere that "curves" on women mean she has a defined waist, with larger hips and bust. If you're obese, most likely your waist has been lost.
    I agree too but I have to say, I am obese and I have a very defined waist to the extent I can't get skirts and trousers to fit :laugh: My booty and boobies are the problem: I'm hoping to lose some of my "curves"!!!
  • JennysMan
    Options
    This is what I think of by "real women have curves"
    She has a booty, she has boobs and is in great shape!
    There doesn't have to be one extreme or another.

She also has a wedgie...ha ha

Why yes... yes she does...

The picture also makes it look like she's trying to grope that guy....lol!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Real women don't hang out with Yankees players.
  • yoli_bee
    Options
    vxymnc.jpg

I have been saying this for years, why has noone listened to me?
    Curves is a body shape... not size!

Beyonce...best curves ever!!! Sometimes I think I'm curvy, then I remember I don't have much of a bust anymore, aha.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I agree!

I hate ad campaigns that celebrate "real women" but still show unhealthy, obese women. Dove soap comes to mind.

I don't know that I would consider any one of the women on the Dove commercials "obese." They're probably more at the higher end of their BMI.

This.^^^^^

I particularly enjoy the Dove ads and think they're beautiful.

The women in the Dove ads can be in the "overweight" range.. but they aren't anywhere near Obese. I have been obese, these women aren't. Look at my profile pic. Beginning? Obese. Current? High End overweight. I wouldn't consider my "curves" as that bad anymore. I never used "Curves" as a qualifier for my fatness at 200lbs either.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Dove+soap+real+women&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS459US459&biw=1636&bih=727&tbm=isch&tbnid=bbsU2Tju7autJM:&imgrefurl=http://womenscosmeticsinthemedia.blogspot.com/2011/04/dove.html&docid=e-QBOc8osf8FCM&imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MpVHiqkMx5E/TbaFhZSf44I/AAAAAAAAARc/syDHxjz-o5Y/s1600/dove-models-real-beauty.jpg&w=557&h=208&ei=f4cRT7msGaqjiQLyqfHWDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=305&vpy=283&dur=370&hovh=130&hovw=351&tx=177&ty=82&sig=111908385552673546092&page=1&tbnh=62&tbnw=168&start=0&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0
  • amonkey9
    Options
    All they really are saying that some women are using the term "curves" too loosely. It annoys me when very obese women say " I'm not fat, I'm curvey and voluptuous. " I'm sorry, but no, you're fat. -____-
    ( I feel okay saying this because I too was once fat. No I did not try to say I was "curvey". I took it for what it was)
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think this can be a problematic phrase. I know many pencil-shaped women, and they will never have curves nor the coveted hourglass figure, regardless of weight.

I'm lucky enough to have been blessed with an hourglass, so I can't know what that feels like from experience, but I prefer to think that "real" women come in all shapes and sizes! Rolls definitely aren't healthy, this is true. :)

Thanks for saying this. I lack the curved hips and waist, but I'm sure that I have a double X chromosome and am therefore a "real" woman in the literal sense of the word. :smile:
  • loventea
    Options
    Real women are. Period.
    They may have curves, they may not. They may be thin, they may be fat. They're all still real women. Women already have so many problems because of what people tell us what a "Real Woman" should do and/or be.

Now what may be ATTRACTIVE to someone is different. If you think women with curves minus the rolls are attractive, that's perfectly fine.
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Agreed! :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options

just what I was thinking!
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    but, also, real women can be very thin, some people naturally are. All women are real women regardless of their body size and shape.

Totally agree with you on this.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

They hang out with hockey players.
  • yoli_bee
    Options
    Dammit, I am so sick of women being defined by their body shape. How come real men are defined by their attitudes / behaviours & not their body shape?

Sexism :l
  • amonkey9
    Options

The women in the Dove ads can be in the "overweight" range.. but they aren't anywhere near Obese. I have been obese, these women aren't. Look at my profile pic. Beginning? Obese. Current? High End overweight. I wouldn't consider my "curves" as that bad anymore. I never used "Curves" as a qualifier for my fatness at 200lbs either.

^ thank you
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    ^^^^^ hehe - true that!
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Dammit, I am so sick of women being defined by their body shape. How come real men are defined by their attitudes / behaviours & not their body shape?

Because men invented it.
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. how bou this ladies

"SOME women have curves....and some DONT and thatS ok! AS LONG AS YOU'RE HEALTHY LOVE THY BODY!!!!!!!"

on a side, but related, note STOP TELLING ME [and others like me] "DONT LOSE TOO MUCH WEIGHT YOULL LOSE THOSE CURVES!".....BECAUSE I WON'T i would never get stick skinny BUT even if i did i'd still be curvy its my genetic make up and skeletal structure dammit!!!!!! (like the women said before me) i am not a rectangle shape and therefore i will ALWAYS have curves no matter what size!..... i just want mine to be less extremem curves and tighter ones :]

thankl you and good night
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What's said is Brittney Spears was called "fat" during this time:

070910_spears_vmed_6p.grid-4x2.jpg

And when she was, I was thinking, "WOW! If that's fat, then I must be morbidly obese at 170 lbs (at the time)!" I would be more than happy with her body shape and size in the picture rather than the one I'm working on perfecting now! LOL
  • snookumss
    Options

^ thank you

No problem Girly :)
  • snookumss
    Options
    What's said is Brittney Spears was called "fat" during this time:

070910_spears_vmed_6p.grid-4x2.jpg

And when she was, I was thinking, "WOW! If that's fat, then I must be morbidly obese at 170 lbs (at the time)!" I would be more than happy with her body shape and size in the picture rather than the one I'm working on perfecting now! LOL

WOW! I'd be happy to have that waist!!!