Real women have curves - curves do not equal rolls

Options

Replies

• edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this has been mentioned already as this thread is way long and i can't be bothered going through it haha

but this is an interesting article on the same topic from a UK newspaper:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mind-your-language/2011/mar/14/mind-your-language-real-woman
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this has been mentioned already as this thread is way long and i can't be bothered going through it haha

but this is an interesting article on the same topic from a UK newspaper:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mind-your-language/2011/mar/14/mind-your-language-real-woman

I agree way to long and not enough pictures! I never read the comments I just look for pictures!
  • cassy000
    Options
    Where I come from women want an S curve..and a shelf butt..however that does not look natural..when u see the waist suck in and the huge booty...I love my curves ...but I don't love my rolls:smile:
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Kind of glad I'm not a real woman, so I'm not stuck inside some crappy image of what I should be.

FAKE WOMEN UNITE!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Agree! I think she has one of the best celeb bodies out there! :) She looks healthy and sexy.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    Real women don't hang out with Yankees players.

AMEN TO THAT!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    thread-y-u-still-alive.png
    Let's get into an argument about the definition of "alive" so we can figure this out.
  • soonerthanlater
    soonerthanlater Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has already been addressed, but I can't find an exact quote that fits. Some of us will never have "curves" that meet today's society's norm. I am thrilled that women who have a more hour glass figure and more ample measurements are finally getting recognition they deserve. Once upon a time, that was the desired look. Then it became "stick thin". No matter where our popular tastes seemed to lead, someone has always been left out. I will never have curves, unless you count the ratio between shoulders and waist. What I wish is that every body type could be accepted and celebrated so that as long as we are fit we can still feel beautiful. It's too late for me, since old will never be beautiful, but it is a wish I have for all of my younger friends and family members. I just don't want anyone else wasting time wishing they could be "like' something that isn't natural for them. Find your best and feel beautiful in it.

Don't count yourself out. Some of the most beautiful women I've met consider themselves "old". Seen Blythe Danner, Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren lately? Age is a number. Real men (including myself and most of my friends) are attracted to attitude, personality, presence. Decide you are beautiful and you are.
    Thank you, oh voice of reason.
    p.s. are you free??????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very married, but you're welcome. A little off topic, but that doesn't seem to be an issue on this thread, right?
    Embrace your life and experiences, this is beauty that all can see and appreciate.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I want to look like this⬇⬇ she's a size 14 and that's what I'm aiming for.

th_82f3b1e9.jpg
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

th_82f3b1e9.jpg

OMG she has no butt crack haha
    OK but seriously - how messed is that? They show a woman completely naked but blur out her nipples and her crack? This society is crazy..
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    N

th_82f3b1e9.jpg

OMG she has no butt crack haha
    OK but seriously - how messed is that? They show a woman completely naked but blur out her nipples and her crack? This society is crazy..

If they blur that much, it makes you wonder what else has been altered. What size and shape were her arms, thighs and stomach before the retouching began? Why not find pictures of untouched size 14 women to aspire to? It's not about the tag inside the clothes, it about the body that wears them. Aren't we all trying to find happiness in the skin we're in? No matter whether it's a slender frame, a fuller figure or somewhere in between. We need to stop holding ourselves hostage to images that don't reflect the truth.Some of us will never have the curves of Marilyn Monroe. Others will never have the frame to be as small as Jennifer Beale. I would like to think that where ever we fall in that spectrum we are still "real women" and deserve the respect and love of others and - more importantly - ourselves.
  • neotericisis
    neotericisis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you.

I have a friend who tries SO HARD to gain weight. She is naturally very slender & hates it bc she's been picked on her entire life for it.

I don't have an hour glass shape myself. My chest is too small & my waist isn't narrow enough.

Kylie, you said it right.

I agree! I have been too slim all my life and I have curves (at a mere 34A, no boobs, but I have hips and booty). You don't have to be super thick to have curves. On the same note, you don't have to be super skinny to be healthy. The main goal should be a healthy weight for your body type- its about being sexy and healthy at the same time for yourself, not for the image of someone else (ie: super models...ugh, even I'm not that skinny :p)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    34-26.5-34 = curves! And I weigh 114lbs.
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Dammit, I am so sick of women being defined by their body shape. How come real men are defined by their attitudes / behaviours & not their body shape?

:drinker:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I hate this saying, because *all* women are "real women", no matter if they're fat, thin, tall, short, skinny or curvy.

This.
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Kind of glad I'm not a real woman, so I'm not stuck inside some crappy image of what I should be.

FAKE WOMEN UNITE!

A-men sister!!!! :)
  • autumnrose2
    Options
    All women are real women. But when I think of curves, I think someone like Scarlett Johansson or Christina Hendricks.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,723 Member
    Options
    I love this blog about real women:

http://www.hanneblank.com/blog/2011/06/23/real-women/
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Well...methinks that any woman who walked around virtually naked would probably have a curve or two.

Real women wear clothes! (in public...)

[10 minutes later, someone writes...Well, I'm a nudist, and I personally think that a real woman should be able to walk around naked!]
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    vxymnc.jpg

I have been saying this for years, why has noone listened to me?
    Curves is a body shape... not size!

Beyonce seems like such a great role model... I've always admired her! Looks, talent, confidence, class; she has it all!