Good foods to help you feel full on 1200 calories a day?

Options
Hi! I'm new to mfp and I'm hungry! I haven't managed to stay within the 1200 calories a day very often. If anyone is willing to share filling snack ideas I would greatly appreciate it! I think I might be better off trying 6 small snacky meals each day.

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg whites are awesome! And like 17 calories each. [:

Edit: And pretty much all veggies. baby carrots are my favourite.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    non-fat cottage cheese!
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Red radishes are my best friend.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    protein protein protein

become good friends with chicken, tuna, eggs, fish etc
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like the 94% fat free popcorn... it fills me up and gives me a lot to snack on for very few calories. Also, the sugar free/ fat free chocolate pudding is GREAT and only 60 calories. The sugar free jello is good and is only 10 calories.
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Almonds and Triscuit Minis. Or if you want something sweet, Frosted Chocolate Mini Wheats- Little Bites. All are whole grains or good proteins.
    A small apple is filling and low cal too.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    protein protein protein

become good friends with chicken, tuna, eggs, fish etc

I will also add greens
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like McDonald's oatmeal (without the fruit) for 190 calories. I get two for 380 and it fills me up till lunch. Also, Wendy's large chili is 330 and suits me well for dinner. Fat free greek yogurt has lots of protein so it tends to stick with you. These are my fast and filling go to meals!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Find a BMR calulator. Eat that many calories. It will almost certainly be higher than 1200. BMR is how many calories a day your organs need to run properly. Eating below your BMR will likely cause hunger and lack of energy. I've lost 13kgs so far eating at my BMR.

Spreading your calories out during the day can also be a big help. I eat 1600 a day, so, I set it out like this.

400 - Brekky
    200- Snack
    400- Lunch
    200- Snack
    400- Lunch

If I want a snack after dinner I have to exercise for it :)
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    chicken and fish (=
    Really, anything with lots protien and fiber!
  • mhamlin
    mhamlin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    brown rice is a good healthy filler.
  • coloradotiff
    coloradotiff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also try spreading your food out into smaller meals/snacks throughout the day. Most days I eat so much and feel so full on 1200.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Try to eat a little protein at each meal!
  • deaton50
    Options
    Fiber...fiber...fiber! Honestly, my best snacks always have some type of high fiber content. A small bag of non-buttered popcorn, a slice of whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter, a cup full of dry multigrain cereal (cherios,special K, etc) and eat slowly---enjoy it. Also, make sure you're getting your water intake for the day. And veggies ARE your friend lol

Good luck
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Foods with protein and fiber and you will feel full longer.. beans, chicken, fish, greek yogurt, nuts (handful).. those are just a few
  • coloradotiff
    coloradotiff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ditto what they said. Solid protien for breakfast, lunch and dinner with veg.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You may need better meals...Have protien & fiber in each meal. Then you won't feel so hungry & have to snack as much.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Nothing fills me like a big salad (salsa for dressing) and some soup (like Panera Tomato). Very filling meal for less than 300 calories.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    If you are working out you should be eatting more then 1200 calories! Cannot see your diary so cannot really take a look at what you are eatting. When MFP had me set at 1200 calories I was buring around 600-800 so I was actually eattimg more like 1600 each day....make sure you are netting 1200...

If you are hungry it might be becuase you are not getting enough fuel for your body!!!

Increase fibre and protein!

Hard Boiled Eggs are awesome if you like eggs!