Good foods to help you feel full on 1200 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• elizabeth22588
    elizabeth22588 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lentils are a fantastic food to help you feel full! They are a legume packed full of protein and fiber. There are so many great soups you can make with them too! Also, better for you than meat - little to no fat! Also, they are very low cal - under 100 calories in one serving. They are my miracle food.
  • victoriawil
    victoriawil Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for so many helpful suggestions! I boiled a bunch of eggs last night after reading these! I am eating all of my exercise calories and have often been over on fat and protein. It's challenging to balance but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again!

May I make a suggestion? Increase your protein settings to about 30% of your total (reduce carbs by the necessary difference). I've found that by eating more protein, I stay full longer and lose weight easier. Too many carbs actually make me hungrier in the long run. You need some, for energy, but too many and I'm ravenous for more (food). Protein and some good fats help keep you full longer.

String cheese, yogurt, walnuts/peanuts/almonds, instant oatmeal...... great fillers!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Crunchy cole slaw (Ready Pac) is my new buddy.
    Add a few other veggies like green onion, baby carrots etc.
    Light on the dressing = lots of crunch & low calorie!

Also Protein bits like eggs, chicken or fish.
  • tamimcham
    tamimcham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Hummus and carrots.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I just started eating Skotidakis Jalapeno Yogurt Dip, its made from greek yogurt and is spicy and if you didn't know better would think it was a sour cream dip, and its only 50 calories for 2 tablespoons!

They sell it at Costco, I don't know where else.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Low sugar oatmeal fills me up. Quaker instant low sugar packets only have 110-120 calories per serving. :wink:
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Proteins and good fats - cheese, nuts, turkey slices.
  • cmmattison
    cmmattison Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My lunch is very filling. I eat almonds, pistachios, an apple, carrots, and light veggie ranch dip and all of that is 490 calories and the almonds are so filling as well as the carrots...then for dinner I eat the perfect portions chicken and LOTS of broccolli thats only 170 calories I will than eat edemame and string cheese and drink zen green tea at night for snacks and thats only 150 cals. For breakfast I eat a banana or greek yogurt. This is filling and today, Im having a hard time to reaching the 1200 calorie mark. Good luck to you, and I hope this helps.
  • JustLena75
    Options
    SF Jello with a dab of Cool Whip is filling to me for snack.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice here. I have been struggling with this a little and these are terrific suggestions.
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i was in the exact position as you! (im sure we all were) i just drank LOTS of water and snacked on watermelon and my stomach shrunk. (if that is possible) basically i got used to what i needed to eat
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Nothing fills me like a big salad (salsa for dressing) and some soup (like Panera Tomato). Very filling meal for less than 300 calories.

This also works for me. I make soups myself with lots of veg blitzed up and I know exactly what I've got. Sometimes I have to leave the half the salad till later, then it's my late nibble!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Crunchy cole slaw (Ready Pac) is my new buddy.

Yes! Crunchy cole slaw (raw - no dressing). I throw it in a fry pan till warm / slightly soft, add some low sugar pasta sauce and parm = Yum freaking Yum! It eats like pasta..

Also, I couldn't live without my protein powder!! Love, love, love it :drinker:
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    Oatmeal for breakfast! It's made me able to dramatically drop my lunch calorie intake. Keeps you very full.
  • howeclectic
    howeclectic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Refried beans (cans where only pinto beans, water, and salt are the ingredients). The one i get is 280 per can and makes me feel full for hours....
  • ouray12
    ouray12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    low-fat cottage cheese and yogurt. i mix the activia blueberry or strawberry with the cottage cheese. :heart: :heart:
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    100 cal popcorn packs with a tablespoon of parmesan cheese :-D yum
  • sloew
    sloew Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been adding flax and chia seeds to my diet and it really has helped keep me fuller. That and oatmeal!