Good foods to help you feel full on 1200 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• jenteel
    jenteel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My MD actually recommended popcorn today for snacking, gives you that feeling of being full. Something to do with fiber.
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    Oatmeal cooked with egg whites- kept me full for 4 hours.
  • lms333
    lms333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fill up on fiber rich foods and aim for at least 25 in fiber and you won't feel hungry at all. Beans, beans, beans... and fruits and veggies too. =)
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with lots of berries
    high fiber low carb wraps with lean meat, hummus, and tons of veggies
    oatmeal with protein powder
    cheese - I like babybell mini original

lots of water, unsweetened tea, and coffee.
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tip for feeling hungry and falling off the wagon:

Drink a pint/glass of water before every meal and it will either remind you that you probably where thirsty in the first place,
    and also will help you to control your portion size (you will feel full quicker).

It's all about water intake! Increase it and 1200 calories will be a doddle.
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually have porridge for breakfast, soup with oatcakes or a wholemeal pitta bread with salad and hummus for lunch and for dinner either a baked potato with tuna and plenty of salad or chicken and lots of veg. I'm on 1200 calories and always have some left over for a cup of tea and a small snack in the evening. I tend to snack on fruit or flavoured rice cakes which fill me up. My exercise calories are either uneaten or I use them to liven up my evening meal (butter on baked potato or dressing on my salads)
  • Chubnomas
    Options
    unsalted pumpkin seeds and walnuts
  • cotp4
    cotp4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Bump
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I do a salad of avocado, tomato, tuna, egg, cucumber and spring onion... it's delicious - you can make a larger salad and split into smaller portions... the protein and fat from the avocado really does fill you up!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal - I eat it twice a day sometimes (1/2 c. each serving) and I swear it swells up in your gut if you drink a glass of water with it!

As the box says - as much protein as an egg and a healthy dose of fiber. It's my new wonder-snack!
  • Mandizzlelephant
    Options
    low fat yogurt, low fat granola, reduced fat peanut butter and fruit. A filling meal for under 400 calories.
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    peppers, onion and chicken fajities in a whole wheat wrap; steel cut oats are the best breakfast--I make mine in the crockpot overnight and put a few walnuts and coconut in them before eating and yum
  • susabu92
    susabu92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A very filling meal is a serving of protein in greek yogurt (6oz.) or beans (half a cup, I really like Black beans) with roasted peppers, Onions, and chopped tomato all mixed together with chipotle hot sauce. Full of fiber, very filling from that, staying protein from the protein, and very flavorful. I Snack on tea, water, and high fiber low calorie veggies, and when I just know I am HUNGRY, I have some almonds. I don't stay under 1200 either, but I figure it is better to be a little above than always below.
  • cmckay27
    Options
    protein of course but higher in calories.... I try to make the bulk of my lunch and or dinner a high protein product... It's the snacks throughout the day that are hard b/ c you can easily overshoot your goal....

I reach for an apple or any raw veggie when I feel like nibbling throughout the day. It helps. But the protein keeps you fuller longer
  • PWanks
    PWanks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not being able to stay within 1200 calories a day gives me motivation to exercise! It's really hard for me to stay within that as well so I eat my exercise calories and have no problem staying within my limit (I try to burn at least 200, if not more, every day so I get some more wiggle room). :)
  • amandaepope
    Options
    I've found that I am more satisfied with foods with a lot of flavor vs volume. Some suggestions.. 2 cups of salad with 1 oz of lowfat feta (LOTS of flavor) about 140 calories.. make sure to add dressing.. a strange but flavorful suggestions is a tsp of spicy brown mustard (5 calories) mixed in your salad, lemon juice etc.. / Also there is a Weight Watchers smoked string cheese snack at 50 calories.. apples are filling and lower in calories than bananas. A can of low sodium chuck light tuna with a tsp of spicy brown mustard.. protein and filling.. to satisfy a crunchy salty craving check out Sensible Portions potato straws.. cheese flavored or sea salt flavored or apple cinnamon flavored.. 120 calories for 38 of them.. I half it and it satisfies the want to eat something that shouldn't be food for me because it feels like i am eating chips. I also eat a lot of Campbells Select Harvest soups.. a can, 2 servings has between 100 and 180 calories depending on the kind you buy. I bulk them up by adding 3/4 cup of baby potatoes baby corn and broccoli and 3/4 cup of chopped celery onion and bell pepper.. the added 1 1/2 cups of vegge's only add about 65 more calories and you will get full.. If you need more flavor in the soups add a couple of tbs of Pace Picante Sauce.. only 15 calories a tbs. Hope this helps! (Double check the calories if you buy frozen prepackaged veges to add to soups some have higher calories based on what veges are in them)
  • gigitaylorbey
    Options
    oatmeal is good.
  • FiremanSam111
    Options
    Bump... Hungry BUMP :sad:
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and apples.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My favorites are: oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, really eggs anytime, tuna, peanut butter on a slice of 45 cal bread w raw honey, yep I pretty much live off of those staples :) and of course fruits and veggies!